Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Xenonauts

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
ou have better weapons
This was actually one of my gripes with Xenonauts; the weapons are better, strictly better, in a boring way. They just do more damage. There's no range penalty on plasma, or infinite ammo with lasers or high penetration but low damage or accuracy changes or TU cost differences. The craft upgrades are a lot more interesting because there's some nuance to whether you want speed, loadout, turn radius, etc.
Same as x-com (more or less. Lasers had infinite ammo iirc, but you basically never use enough ammo to need to reload anyway). Xenonauts is very conservative in its design. I was very excited by the original X2 pitch, but it seems it has gotten scaled back to something much more conservative (although not as conservative as the original).

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also, Darth Roxor is our first soldier in a suit that can fly! Lookithim!

Heh, suckers :cool:

It was amusing to see Darth Roxor being reduced to a fine red mist, as he was shot down in midflight.

borealesad.jpg

Funny thing is that once they were researched, I wanted to say that the best part of jump suits in this game is that the need to always have a landing spot is excellent at getting you shot down with reaction fire. Goddamn.

I was very excited by the original X2 pitch, but it seems it has gotten scaled back to something much more conservative (although not as conservative as the original).

The original X2 pitch was dogshit and it's great that they gave up on it. However, the fact that they swung in the extreme opposite and made a reskin of X1 instead of refining the original pitch is not very auspicious either.

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
But I'd rather not spend many hours training up a new recruit. I admit I'm getting a bit worn out.
You could go rookie meatgrinder way.
Or add some drama, like random loadouts or homerules (everyone gets a shield, flyers only, 6 troopers max, only grenades, etc.).

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Another month goes by, and we get to see the best iteration of the troop carrier this game has to offer.

t4x2RSJ.jpg

First off, Demo.Graph joins the crew. He's carrying a carbine for nasty, close-combat stuff, and a hoard of grenades for throwing.

iAh205D.jpg

The radar in the Soviet Union base comes online. Now we can cover almost all the globe with interceptors.

CeoZ3Kl.jpg

6YwZnzN.jpg

tFcLaP3.jpg

Just in time for a lot of UFOs to spawn. Most of them near our HQ, which means we get to see their missions and troop complements. That's better than what I expected to be honest.

0SE4ngo.jpg

Ah, the predator. Instead of 80 TUs to fire an MG, it now takes a mere 52TUs. That's a 35% decrease in TUs spent.
This makes our heavies much more versatile, as they can now move for almost half of their TUs, in addition to firing 10 shots of plasma death.

chWxMKf.jpg

Also, the predator shrugs off the smaller arms fire the aliens in this small UFO were carrying. Makes breaching like shooting fish in a barrel. With a gatling.

0B1siUr.jpg

True milk run. But seeing as the aliens are employing more of the larger UFOs now, we won't be getting the scouts that much anymore.

wcmvod6.jpg

This downed cruiser seems to have landed partially inside a building. The game handles this awkwardly. There's no visible damage to the building, except for missing tiles.

EDsOZqe.jpg

Going in in broad daylight against Sebillians, who have sub-par eyesight made for an easier sweep than I anticipated.
Not all missions are like this though.

5rF37w0.jpg

FBOdIQG.jpg

To7TuP6.jpg

Even with top-tier armour and top-tier shields, I still take a fair amount of wounds. Sometimes I get impatient and overreach.
If you play this game patiently, I think you can clear all missions without any losses and with negligable damage taken.

UmNrhSe.jpg

Ah, research on the Valkyrie is done. Also, deployment with this ship is unlike how it is with its predecessors, as you can read in the text.

w7oJJbR.jpg

FeJc9UI.jpg

We start building one immediately.

kJWrCoe.jpg

Also, we fortify our Soviet base. At some point, I expect the Aliens WILL try to retaliate. I'm surprised they haven't yet.

mgF4Iv6.jpg

uumrQFg.jpg

I think there's three different graphics for the ship under construction. So these pics should cover it.

E44JTZb.jpg

Androns don't bother me that much anymore. The added mobility of the Buzzard suits and the sheer firepower you can lay down with Preadators and MGs make these missions easier. Androns do not crouch, so they're easier to hit from a distance.

CdtLz9t.jpg

Yeah, this pic is no different than the last I took of the Valkyrie under construction.

D0n0MTm.jpg

Final mission with the Shrike?

6pqqeMX.jpg

Here's a nod to preordering. I did not help kickstart this game. But the sucker I am, I spent 35£ on Xenonauts 2. The kickstarter page says "estimated delivery Sep 2018".
Ponder that for a while. At least it's still in development unlike for instance The Mandate. That was a wreck. Vapourware. Ohwell.

xZjWMXw.jpg

3hLPd6Z.jpg

I had two more crash sites to clear before we can ditch our old transport. But waiting back at HQ..

WQ7malU.jpg

Placement inside the ship doesn't matter.

ti58t74.jpg

So we just shove all of our soldiers inside. Then decomission the Shrike.

ZTcMcts.jpg

And load our vehicle as well!

Here's how the deployment screen looks;
lifQaF6.jpg

You can pick and place your soldiers however you want within the green squares.
You can scroll the map around to test where the edges are at, so you can place the troops facing out towards the map and the enemy. I actually prefer this to the old transports.

24Sbkzl.jpg

I'm quite fond of the arctic maps. Nice and clean lines of fire.
Also, the speed of the Valkyrie is really nice. This'll help me clean up sites in the rest of the world as well. Don't have to airstrike if I really want to go to Australia.

P4lJiXM.jpg

I like how the Wraith's head is bandaged. Of course they cut out one of the glowing nodules to hamper the teleportation gimmick.

j9Rboee.jpg

End of month report. We should not see anymore drops in funding now, with all countries covered in radar. I just need to build more Marauders than the three currently in our HQ. If I can get three in each of the secondary bases, then no UFO will be safe.

And the end of update roster overview;
kWLW5Uh.jpg

It seems HP cap at 99, unlike the rest of the stats.
Interesting tidbit - if you equip the Predator suit, the game automatically sets your strength to 100. Which also means you cannot train strength if you are in a predator suit.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
We do not get horses, so I'll get you a predator suit instead. OK, Demo.Graph?

KLgo0v9.jpg

aVXXz5J.jpg

rF3wofb.jpg

First off we finish some research, and I'm fairly excited about the new armour. Less so about the tank, as I don't use vehicles that much.

YnypQRP.jpg

I considered letting this ship do its thing instead of shooting it down. Then changed my mind.
Maybe that was a wrong decision. A base would bring more cash than a mere Landing Ship UFO.

uEeGRER.jpg

This one is new. I try the 21% chance of succes through autoresolve.

OGIcJuU.jpg

Nope. More fighters!

QIhItJs.jpg

4VVZtpx.jpg

Yeah, so the Condors might actually be a better matchup than the Foxtrot. In any case, they're both being slowly fased out as I construct more Marauders.

YcC4KUB.jpg

This large UFO isn't meant to land after you intercept it. It'll blow up every time. But you do get to salvage some resources and the datacore.

1y4BJAt.jpg

A trick I use for the cruisers, is to have people with the Buzzard jumpsuit park on the outside of the two wings, equip carbines, then skip a turn to get full Timeunits.
That'll let them jump over the wing and enter through the side doors with about 50 TUs to spare. Makes breaching easier and less risky.

97TC920.jpg

I thought I'd test out the plasma cannon on the vehicle on this hapless Caesan. It turned into a gooey reddish paste. I was highly amused!

gbaT3A5.jpg

PtmXIJU.jpg

Hg2HjfD.jpg

So that's how this weapon works. You throw a ball of plasma at shit, and said shit is vapourised. This is highly useful to clear lines of fire for machinegunners and snipers.

fT3LTcx.jpg

I believe the damage here was carried over from a previous mission and not damage actually suffered during the mission. But I might misremember.

vNs4aQc.jpg

The thing about vehicles is that they're large, easy targets, and their armour isn't impervious. I got lucky here (no savescumming!), and the vehicle survived. Full timeunits meant that the Caesan had his cover blown. Literally.

Ky4euXH.jpg

Demo.Graph is almost at 100 strength.

UTlkq9b.jpg

Defenses come fully online in Soviet base. Still haven't seen any attempts at retaliatory strikes yet. I wonder if that only happens once battleship UFOs show up?
According to the wiki, "These missions are generated when a region of the world is doing very well in shooting down UFOs." I should've probably had several by now..

tFfj0f1.jpg

That is the explanation for why these craft blow up when shot at. All the remaining ammo goes *boom*.

pmO5dYC.jpg

We get the option to build a new type of vehicle. Even though the Xenopedia entry says it's slower than the car, the tank actually has more TUs.

yGYbLJQ.jpg

Demo.Graph cannot train his strength further. He'll get to don a new suit of armour soon.

9VYrtLT.jpg

CcwyOTp.jpg

nzDaJwX.jpg

And Whiskeywolf gets the medal for being severely wounded. Congrats.

DCxiRMk.jpg

Anyway, I've been having fun with the predator armour and machineguns, so I decide that Demo.Graph should get the same equipment.
Three assault soldiers carrying shields and pistols, with stun batons in spare.
Three heavies, wielding our best MGs
Four snipers, using our best sniper rifles and having limited flying capabilities, plus a plasma carbine for breaching.
This is a combo that works nicely.

wr51iA9.jpg

XmvD0aA.jpg

That's all alien weapons researched. Doing this allows us to further our own weapons. I make Mag Weaponry our new priority.

KZdZMXt.jpg

Final size tier of UFOs.

VLrUek7.jpg

This is a carrier. Only one other UFO left to encounter in dogfights. As you can see, by this point we got a Marauder in our North American base, and this coupled with a foxtrot means automatic interception of the carrier.

BysfPTt.jpg

On our way to the carrier crash, we clear a minor UFO.

9ify4TF.jpg

This is another loading screen I decided to show you. It explains the math behind reaction fire. This also explains why breaching a UFO is dangerous. Often the aliens wait inside with full TUs. Almost guaranteeing reaction fire, unless you either suppress them or kill them in an alpha strike.
MGs are good for both. Like, really good.

zOxGSYn.jpg

MQXxtO7.jpg

Outside look of the carrier hull, and a peek at the ground floor. There's a huge front entrance, and two smaller side entrances. There were no Aliens inside here. There was a horde of them outside, trying ot rush our positions. Reaction fire works both ways, so play it patiently and you will eventually get to the UFO. There's no timelimit on these missions.

jldpzfS.jpg

Send troopers through a teleporter with enough TUs to reenter it and block it from the other side. This prevents an enterprising alien from stepping through and throwing a grenade in the middle of you concentrated troops.

mgvWSKW.jpg

This big round thing is an alien fusion reactor. Researching it will allow us to improve our explosives.
If you're in a bad spot, you can blow it up, and it'll take whatever is close to it down as well.

zhmCJK8.jpg

Top floor contains the bridge, and the thing behind our Xenonauts, the four rings with blue/white lights between it? That's a hyperdrive. Important endgame tech.
The carrier actually has four floors, but the second floor is inacessable. Supposedly it is where the carrier stores the fighters.

QslXFNp.jpg

That's a wrap. It was a long, dragged out fight until I reached the UFO. Don't overextend, and you'll minimise idiotic losses. But also be careful you don't bunch up too much, as the aliens have plasma cannons with an AOE attack.

ktHn8JS.jpg

pKMTisB.jpg

The fusion reactor is more important here, as it'll improve our interceptors weapons.

rKMNO3M.jpg

I didn't dogfight this UFO, so cannot attest to it sending fighters out. Will attempt to remember to dogfight it next time one shows up.

je88y74.jpg

Oh, sweet magnetic weaponry. I don't rember how much the damage will actually improve compared to plasma and forgot to check. I'll post that in the next update.

KCtPZU8.jpg

Of course, we also want magnetic MGs. So that's the next top priority research. Fusion explosives be damned.

RXoHI2n.jpg

Currently finishing up Marauders for North America, but we order the new generation pistols, sniper rifles and carbines for our troops. An investment to be sure, but you want that extra firepower with all those elite aliens showing up by now.

And finally an overview of the roster.
Even our two greenhorns are now grizzled and maxed out.
RdpsKre.jpg

Reflexes and bravery continue being the hardest to improve.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's gotten to the point where I don't bother clearing UFOs right now, but airstrike them instead.
Another update could be in the pipeline for tonight. If time permits.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah, this one is pretty short and not that exciting. Sorry about that. We're nearing the endgame, so I think one or two more updates should do it.
I might dedicate one update for purely the last mission. Almost do a play-by-play of it. Not decided yet.

WQ3XmAz.jpg

1zMDZQV.jpg

v5JljZz.jpg

u3ucePv.jpg

The UFO missions are becoming easier with better gear. And with me playing smarter. A third heavy laying down suppressive fire surely helps.
I do recall that there's a particularly devastating weapon the heavies get access to in the endgame which is absolutely terrifying. I'm going to see if I can make three of them for the final mission.

UiPiDnP.jpg

qIOJj6z.jpg

A comparison of the plasma vs the mag sniper rifles. The latter does 50% more damage. Otherwise similar.

tPdDqOz.jpg

cXtj7tN.jpg

That's the aliens ultimate air-superiority fighter. Being soloed by our starting interceptor, but with really good weapons. Makes you wonder.

oxcLIGb.jpg

A friendly reminder that you're better off shooting UFOs down over land. Even if you decide to airstrike them rather than doing a proper mission, it's still a profit whereas UFOs shot down over water will just boost your relations with the closest nation slightly.

15mUffz.jpg

Forgot to show you this. The carrier type UFO can carry "Alpha Reapers", they have a different palette, about 50% more HPs, and slightly more TUs.
Also, I decided to open the big doors with a plasma blast from our vehicle. Very useful for this.

fQNPPxR.jpg

I'm not sure whether the blown up fusion reactor is due to me "opening" the main doors with a plasma blast, or it took damage during the crash. I just know that it's thrown up a lot of smoke, and we can't salvage it for profit.

XhTyrLp.jpg

Smoke makes for a good cover to advance through.

3jhKbOP.jpg

shL8iT0.jpg

kJHASHn.jpg

I'm getting a bit careless at the end of these missions. Also, doing a small UFO feels a bit like cheating with all this end-game worthy equipment.

GZD83kb.jpg

The Xenopedia entry for the interceptor type UFO makes it out to be scary. Apparently not that scary, seeing as a Condor can solo it.

sV5uOM7.jpg

This is possibly the greatest threat against the team at the moment. Mind Control. Only Caesan leaders (and one type of alien we've yet to encounter) can control your troops like this. But if you kill the alien while it's mindcontrolling one of your troops, you can get a special medal.

lBaQhl8.jpg

eXUS06V.jpg

dYcColC.jpg

We can now finally build the Mag MGs. They take just as long as Mag snipers to build, and are equally expensive. With 30 engineers working non-stop on it, we need 4 full days for one sniper rifle or one MG.
Yeah. So it'll take a while.

SHnUy8N.jpg

Just not for our ships and vehicles. They get the new weapons right off the bat. Which feels odd. I like it better in Xenonauts 2, that you actually need to build the newly researched weapons for your vehicles too.

jgJxrWz.jpg

Not sure why North America isn't pleased. No matter. We're in the clear.

BMyRt9i.jpg

I decide to spend 800k, just to build decoders in all bases. It'll be nice to know what missions the UFOs are undertaking, and what type of UFO it is. I think the Battleship UFO is about to make its entrance.

Finally, the roster;
hmgVtk1.jpg

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The penultimate update? Possibly, in this update we'll unlock a research option called "operation endgame".

NzGNI1C.jpg

First off, we finish research on the final tier of armour. With this you can fly, have 360 degree vision and you'll be better armoured than anything short of Predator armour.
I will have to build 7 of these, for all but the heavies.

ejnn06A.jpg

To do that, I set up a secondary workshop in North America. Right now the bottleneck is in engineering, not research.

h0w6d0t.jpg

BMyqTL5.jpg

3UkVta0.jpg

We run a couple of UFO sweep missions to rack up some cash. We'll need a lot soon.

S2hfRsb.jpg

We finish interrogating an alien leader, and beans are spilled. Also, now we need to capture one of the rarest types of aliens. A Praetor.
You only find those on either Battleship UFOs or in Alien Fortress bases.

2Q2kl1R.jpg

To help this along, our cryptology centres come online, which means that when we spot a UFO, we'll be privy to it's class, mission and complement, no matter which of our radar arrays pick up their signature.

AvCeoGv.jpg

This is the third and final tier of vehicle we will get. This one will hover over obstacles and water, has a lot of TUs and proper armour. Also, we can instantly fit it with the big mag cannon, which will blow shit up. Fun!

MM7js0C.jpg

We start one up at the earliest opportunity.

N3P2o6P.jpg

GUuWbjz.jpg

UBg9gFU.jpg

SNMZpzq.jpg

This research project unlocks new visuals for our base again. I think this is it though. Don't remember any more visuals being upgraded later.

jUQ9n1T.jpg

n3o51qb.jpg

75Y0GLM.jpg

With the workshops in NA up and running, we ship alloys and alenium to that base, and order engineers, so we can start producing armour and interceptors there.
It takes a couple of days though.

OPSgIg8.jpg

First project is the new flying armours.

JHBhI7F.jpg

Our new Mag MGs are also coming off the production line.

az01NkQ.jpg

The wait is over! Funny random fact, the 22nd of april is my actual birthday. Not 1980 though.

7FQRPnf.jpg

Our Marauders catch up to the battleship over the seas. I tail it until it's over land.

614dcW3.jpg

NMyUuAM.jpg

Buckle up guys! We're going in.

l9ShwGM.jpg

This is random. The praetor might be killed when you shoot down a Battleship. We got lucky here. It survived.

7OFUQIw.jpg

Nia84OZ.jpg

Then again, a praetor has this "aura of dread" thing, that has a random chance of affecting your soldiers each turn. If you are hit by it, your TUs are reduced by 30. If one of our heavies get hit by this, they do not have TUs enough to fire their gun.

l9wPoK3.jpg

The Battleship has a special layout, with two barricades with teleportes put down in front of the UFO. I actually prefer assaulting this type of UFO rather than the Carrier.

jsAiPai.jpg

Hy80eBf.jpg

The inside of the ground floor of the UFO, and an outside view.

0ZLqj21.jpg

In general, rush the UFO so you can step through then back again on a teleporter, which will prevent the aliens from using it. Then you can move all of your soldiers up next to the teleporter and hit "end turn". You'll get a fresh 100TUs to rush the next teleporters and repeat.

cEzkOUY.jpg

As seen here.

QOREnhH.jpg

This UFO has 4 floors. They seem less dangerous than the carrier, as there seems to be fewer aliens per floor.

oPiK0Xi.jpg

This is the top floor, and the dude in white armour is our prime target.

8Kv2VoN.jpg

Again, gather round, then breach on the next round.

JPuRrnv.jpg

n4TbalS.jpg

I used the machinegunners to take out all other targets on the bridge. Then chuck stun and electroshock grenades at the praetor. Whiskeywolf get's the final blow in.

A2euj23.jpg

Surprisingly smooth. And yummy new research options!

w04jjjA.jpg

68PswuT.jpg

The Singularity Core can unlock a true Fuck You button. We will have to get at least one more core though, as research will spend our first looted core.

sPDwXgP.jpg

A minor UFO cleared, for more cash.

K3XNgl8.jpg

This is the new armour. Blueish and slick. With a jetpack. Our snipers are now officially done, gear-wise.

MjQYkyo.jpg

xLGIcg4.jpg

Fusion explosives cap out our explosives types.

dQ6o9Hn.jpg

The final UFO xenopedia infopage. The Battleship can outrun all we got, except for our Marauders.

gRoSBpl.jpg

I seem to have hit the cap in some countries, and if UFOs there manage to do something before I shoot it down, relations will drop slightly. I guess that's the reason there are red numbers on this screen.

otTXBwU.jpg

7xvPCbQ.jpg

Our first hovertank comes online. I ship our hunter scout-car to the NA base. Then we can put the hovertank in our transport.

3Oetqmy.jpg

5XGieCb.jpg

ODdKgsx.jpg

So, the singularity core will let us research two things. An interceptor that'll fuck up anything in the sky, and a hand-held cannon that will fuck up anything on the ground.
I prioritise the latter. It'll be Fun for the final mission.

sOnw4xm.jpg

tnvhMqy.jpg

With two production bases, we got two Marauders going simultaneously. We want to be able to catch a new Battleship wherever it spawns on the globe.

Ckh9TK0.jpg

Ahhh.. Now we're cooking with fire. This is a literal Black Hole Cannon.

St0xfjY.jpg

It's expensive though. And requires a singularity core to produce. Hence why we want to get to those Battleships when they show up.

TKnDjda.jpg

Funny thing, researching this Hyperdrive does nothing aside from give us a Xenopedia entry. I cannot help but think something else was planned but had to be scrapped/streamlined.

YuU5J1w.jpg

Our team in their new duds. Looking sharp guys!

eVjzVEm.jpg

Not invulnerable though. When I get new toys, I tend to overextend. Again. Will I learn?

oP6vAs2.jpg

It got us a singularity core though. :smug:

jUStx5f.jpg

rvOv3h7.jpg

On the way back from the crashed Battleship, I clear to smaller UFOs. We're strapped for cash, with what we've been spending.

nNb85Je.jpg

2PYnMWT.jpg

Funny thing, the crashed (second) Battleship had a dead praetor inside, so we were spared the aura. And the autopsy finished just before the interrogation.

zT9Y10S.jpg

Interrogating the immortal unlocked the final research option. Before we do that, I want to get some other stuff done first.

Kq5esWl.jpg

OfGG9zK.jpg

gJy7lIz.jpg

This thing of beauty. We want one for each of our heavies if possible, before we tackle the Endgame mission.
Even with max strength, just equipping this beast will hamper your TUs. And it takes 120% TUs to fire. Meaning it is only possible with the Predator armour, as it gives a discount on firing modes.

One update left. But I'll cleave it in two. As I'll let you vote on what I should focus on in the final mission. More on that later.

Luka-boy

Arcane
This research project unlocks new visuals for our base again. I think this is it though. Don't remember any more visuals being upgraded later.
Indeed that´s the last visual upgrade, but you forgot to show us the visual changes in the storage menu. Not the most exciting, I know, but still.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Indeed that´s the last visual upgrade, but you forgot to show us the visual changes in the storage menu. Not the most exciting, I know, but still.
S6Bju9q.jpg

There it is. He's got a see-through computerscreen now.

EruDaan

Arcane
The Praetor interrogation text implies that a very non-remarkable planet in a rather uncool deemed arm of the Milky Way has the means or wants to develop the means that can topple an multi-million year old multi-galactical empire of Alien Overlords that must have seen everything. Something that... no one managed before?! Sounds cool but is - let's face it - the very idiotic premise of an 1980s very early 1990s "Mankind Fuck Yeah!" sci-fy scenario. "Idependence Day" comes to mind.
Some other twist would be, and I'm sure some other game mod, game or movie useing it, was that the attacking alien fleet was a tiny, tiny, tiny rebellious splinter fleet that acted without permission or sanction.

Andnjord

Arcane
I can only approve waiting long enough for all of us heavies to get the largest dakka available, that way there will be no jealousy between us. :happytrollboy:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The wait is almost over, and I'll tally a vote after this post.

YQGZBe4.jpg

First off, I take the opportunity to show the blast radius of the Black Hole Gun. The game helpfully shows us before we shoot, so we can try to avoid friendly fire.
This thing is ridiculous. It'll instantly vapourise anything hit. No matter armour or HP.

ckccUWi.jpg

vthgAxm.jpg

tBpwh7W.jpg

BVbWK2I.jpg

Qh8K9Kj.jpg

kbHoQZq.jpg

FMcyhOo.jpg

We're doing missions now to stockpile cash, and get more singularity cores. The sixth mission I posted from was a Battleship, and we got a third core, so we can now build a second BHG. I order the construction commenced immediately.

9M4CIDS.jpg

3mwO8y3.jpg

nW9IpLp.jpg

This is the other option you can spend singularity cores on. These interceptors will one-shot any UFO, along with any fighter cover. You'll get no cash, and no loot however.
This is also where I think the game slips up. More on that shortly.

0iKKBIn.jpg

There's a medal you can get if you kill 5 aliens in a single mission. Haven't been trying for this one. Too much hassle keeping score.

gBi6F8z.jpg

There, now we're good on the core business. I order the third BHG.

m91UAuk.jpg

We also finish the research on Operation Endgame.
So, the explanation is that our research on the hyperdrive let us construct a hyperdrive inhibitor which we can turn on whenever we choose. But the aliens would then release hordes upon hordes of reapers on Earth.
Why not build a single Fury interceptor, vapourise the Dreadnought with the Singularity Torpedo, all the reapers included, while we flick the switch on the inhibitor?
Nope, instead we lead a single strike-team through this last mission. Whatever you say game. :M

ZIz3Sxe.jpg

We have now officially finished the research tree. Nothing more to see here.

js86Mln.jpg

There's a new "button" under the time management bar. Before we click this, we need just for one project to finish.

srvtt4t.jpg

Yeah. We good now.

tnMbu7X.jpg

MF1vZqV.jpg

I refit our heavies for the rocketeer role instead. Predator suits, BHG, and extra ammo for it.

So, we click the endgame button.
kpwqgFo.jpg

Yes, we're sure.

dchJD91.jpg

Only the one transport to choose from. Simple!

LvGI9pU.jpg

And here you have it. The choice I'll leave up to you guys.
The options are
A) DEATH TO THE PRAETOR, HUMANITY FIRST! - where the focus is solely on killing the high praetor, and we leave our soldiers on the ship, being devoured by an endless stream of reapers.
B) MAXIMUM FUCK! - where we both gun for the praetor, but also blow up the two reactor cores, letting the soldiers escape by escape pods once the praetor lies sufficiently exploded/dead.

LBgaxmY.jpg

The troops are awaiting your commands.

There you have it. The people who have signed up are those whose votes count.
Once one of the options have majority, I'll proceed with the final mission. I'm thinking of possibly deviating from the normal form, looking into doing a videocapture instead of screenshots for the final mission.
Any thoughts on that?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Ironman final mission is my vote.

Aim for B, accept A if it becomes too hairy.

Modron

Arcane
B but willing to accept a blitz on the Praetor if shit goes sideways.

Andnjord

Arcane
B, I didn’t kill all those aliens to then not be able to brag about it during my inevitable whiskey-fuelled, trauma-induced breakdowns caused by all the horrors I saw.

:rpgcodex:

And you better honour the codex tradition of screenshooting the action in excruciating details!

Well, if possible. Don’t miss your kids’ baseball game - or whatever sports kids play in Denmark - for it, videos are acceptable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom