Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Xenonauts

ValeVelKal

Arcane
B, since you will reload if you fail anyway :positive:

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
MAXIMUM FUCK

because this
LvGI9pU.jpg
is a pepe.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I count 7 votes from our conscripted soldiers. 6 of those are for blowing up the power generators along with the praetor. IE, splitting the party so to speak.
Strange Fellow is the only one of the opinion that we should focus solely on the high praetor.
Interesting.
Also, of the conscriptees, 3 of them urge for me to continue doing screenshots. So that is what I will do.

I might re-do the mission after, going for a video as well. But it'll be janky if I try to do both at the same time.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
10 went in. 8 came out alive.

oxhDpDo.jpg

Strange Fellow voted we go directly for the High Praetor, so true to form, he's the one to open the first door.
There's a Sebillian greeting party ready.

59wnzqk.jpg

i0MuLdw.jpg

fbD2I8l.jpg

Impressively, one of them manage to survive this blast. The downside of shooting them with a BHG, is that the side doors are blasted open as well, so we cannot go sneakily about this.

VsPeu6z.jpg

We press on. There are Androns in the side-antechambers, and two Harridans behind another planter.

fTGxxOV.jpg

The vehicle Mag cannon is fun, it also causes explosions. Though far smaller ones.

esGM7r6.jpg

One Harridan survived, and Strange Fellow suffers a crisis of faith.

w0aGn53.jpg

At this point, we've cleared the main hall and the two side-antechambers. Jaedarsdottir is heavily wounded by this point. I probably should've blasted the Androns on both sides, but on our left I gunned them down instead. Her wounds are from reactionfire.

Ev5CrxW.jpg

ztAWbYp.jpg

Strange Fellow gets his shit together again, and realises he's bleeding badly. He hides in a corner and applies bandages.

CUdNM5n.jpg

Did I mention how amusing the BHGs are? I like them especially in this last mission, as we're not taking any loot with us.

EkgejYv.jpg

I didn't screenshot the two times I fired at the back wall here. Both our vehicle Mag cannon and a BHG round. Should've used the BHG against the Sebillians instead, that would've been wiser.
The back wall shows absolutely no damage suffered. That's tougher than anything hitherto encountered.
Also, Jaedarsdottir is really exposed here, but I was hoping for bad accuracy by the Sebillians.

Wl9uCJ2.jpg

As you can see from the numbers at the bottom, Jaedarsdottir left us to join the valkyries. On our right hand side, we've got to the reactor room, and that is unguarded.

GEltFRG.jpg

I figure a single fusion grenade ought to do the trick and make to leave.

xlsW86x.jpg

This is the large room at the end of the corridor. We start sniping at shit in there, mostly Caesans.

vR9uU6V.jpg

Mostly, but not all. This is a Heavy Drone. We never encountered Medium or Heavy drones in our other missions. So no Xenopedia entries of those for you.

kf6vyji.jpg

q8vUtiw.jpg

It turns out a fusion grenade was not enough, but one blast with a Mag carbine does the trick.

FuGMPvl.jpg

K4gLsVn.jpg

On the left hand side, I decide to employ the Big Guns.

fCeYvqy.jpg

It turns out that the BHG did indeed off the reactor.

TbQJI7n.jpg

Strange Fellow advances into the main room. This is what you call a target rich environment.

CFmKjBK.jpg

gZGwCMo.jpg

0lFnRCV.jpg

We fire a lot of explosives at the big drone in the middle of the room, and after a couple of tries we get him. And two Caesans behind it as well. Those are the purple splotchy clouds.

UaudDr5.jpg

uMn1pz2.jpg

I maneouver Strange Fellow into the corner and out of the blast radius and fire another BHG round.

FQafvOn.jpg

Strange Fellow doesn't quite manage to kill his adversary though.

V0SmYj8.jpg

On the alien turn, he also kicks the bucket.

djDCaMZ.jpg

The main room looks proper smashed up by now.

55bKc4O.jpg

4sPmA9t.jpg

I7sgH9I.jpg

And the lone Caesan at the back pillar dodges Mag cannon fire.

4zq6hiD.jpg

On the alien turn, another Caesan fires at our number 10. I think it's ValeVelKal. She offers return fire and kills off the assailant, and then succumbs to mind control.

NEIYdEc.jpg

A long shot also injures our non-claimed sniper, Arthur.

z4NteGF.jpg

By this point we've advanced far enough that we can actually see our main target.

9wjq5pm.jpg

s3PJvFl.jpg

DnwV3dB.jpg

wvCugXN.jpg

kZKTnRe.jpg

Hitting it proves difficult from this range though.

kZKTnRe.jpg

WDCkQfe.jpg

We send in the tank to clear up, and pose an inviting target to our mind controlled soldier.

ghDXA9o.jpg

She happily obliges but fails to bring the tank down.

M71cyHe.jpg

GT8R2uE.jpg

PUO9cBq.jpg

p7HW6Zo.jpg

Finally, we hit the High Praetor, first with a BHG, then sniper round and it's gone.

bGVVQyE.jpg

This is the final room. The throne room. The glowing blue tiles in the back come online once the two reactors are killed off.

dNJgnYt.jpg

q0OeFqG.jpg

If you enter the tiles, you get this swirly blue effect and the teleport sound.

vYVLcwj.jpg

Andnjord is the last soldier leaving.

We've done it. I used no saves and no reloads on this last mission.

V5vM2CR.jpg

:salute: Jaedarsdottir and Strange Fellow made the ultimate sacrifice.

8ty27RN.jpg

bCHlF6G.jpg

And that's it folks. No ending video sequence or anything like that. Just these two slides.

That's all folks. :M

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
15 days since I started the LP. Done before we hit 7 pages. Yeah. It was short. Then again, my Aftermath LP was also only 6 pages. 15 updates. Could argue that was even shorter.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
One Harridan survived, and Strange Fellow suffers a crisis of faith.
Vk0AFrx.png
Could it be that the aliens are actually just like us? Do they dream? Do they love? Maybe there is a peaceful solution to all this?

Vk0AFrx.png

Vk0AFrx.png
Haha, no. ALL XENO SCUM MUST DIE.

And die they did.

Finishing this in 15 days is impressive pace. Great LP men :salute:

Modron

Arcane
Good LP. If you guys want to see breakneck speed check out the xpiratez lp here, I don't know how Damned Registrations can make so many yuge updates a day.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Very efficient LP, congratulations :salute:

Wait a minute... They didn't give me any medal for the final victory! FUUUUUUUU- *muffled screaming masked by fireworks celebrating humanity is safe from Alien invasion for at least a few thousand years* :argh:

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
Literally me.
y9AjZMo.png

Also, I like that black hole gun destroys everything. Everything but floors.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Looks like some floor tiles went missing in the lower reactor room, that I fired both the Mag cannon and BHG at. At least the game didn't render them.
But yeah. Floors are sturdy shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom