Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yet Another Alpha Protocol Thread

Should I buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

CrimHead

Scholar
dr. one said:
yes.

in future this game will become a blueprint of c&c done right and despite its weaker beginning and some gameplay shortcomings the game ends up being a remarkable achievement in computer entertainment, offering unique blend in the field of story and character driven action/rp/adventure games, charming Obsidian dilettantism in some features included :).

would be a pity if Obsidian would stop here because this particular blend has a lot of potential.

LOLWUT

OH SNAP

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
dr. one said:
yes.

in future this game will become a blueprint of c&c done right and despite its weaker beginning and some gameplay shortcomings the game ends up being a remarkable achievement in computer entertainment, offering unique blend in the field of story and character driven action/rp/adventure games, charming Obsidian dilettantism in some features included :).

would be a pity if Obsidian would stop here because this particular blend has a lot of potential.

This. If you like C&C and good writing, this is a game you should buy. As for the game play, I've had a lot of fun with it. Maybe my standards are lower than the elite crew of skyway and racofer, but I've found a lot of their (and the reviewers) complaints to be very exaggerated.

Felix

Arcane
I decided to go gun blazing all the way. Load of fun with shotgun and SMG so far, the feeling of knocking someone off their ass and unload a storm of bullets once my skills are high enough is incredible satisfying.

Dny

Educated
ScottishMartialArts said:
Simple question: Is it worth buying?

It's not even worth the bandwidth you'd steal from other people on your ISP to download that crap. It's that shitty. So, neither buy nor download it.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
worth buying: yes

worth creating 15 fucking threads a day: godnomakeitstop!

Dny said:
It's not even worth the bandwidth you'd steal from other people on your ISP to download that crap. It's that shitty. So, neither buy nor download it.

don't be a fucking idiot.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
After playing it a little longer I'd say: NO. Spend your money on better game. Why? My opinion is on page 8 and 16 in this thread.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
MetalCraze said:
Especially Obsidian and Bethesda:

modern "RPG"s:

Failout 3 - a shooter
Mass Effect - a shooter
Aliens "RPG" - was a shooter
AP - a shooter
Failout 3: New Vegas - a shooter
DA - mediocre RPG.

The IQ of new members seems to be digging a huge hole now, while the ignorance is sky high
Skyway strikes once again. Good job picking Alien RPG and New Vegas, the two Obsidian games NOT released, as an example of what Obsidian have released. MotB and SOZ? Sorry, don't exist.

And I'd love to see you argue that MotB and SOZ aren't RPGs.

Micmu

Magister
To be honest, he's less "ignorant" than morons keep stuffing AP under RPG.
A mission-based stealth/action game. :roll:

OMG IT HAZ INVENTOTY RPG!11

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
micmu said:

This. I don't see why people have problem with Skyway with all the AP-apologists running around.

Dny

Educated
Hamster said:
micmu said:

This. I don't see why people have problem with Skyway with all the AP-apologists running around.

Fanboi bias. Had AP been a Bioware stamped game they would be the first to call to arms against the new shit. But it's Obsidian and some here feel special love for the "underdog", double plus good considering the Christ of PST fame worked on it. They don't like the game because it's good (it's clearly not) they *want* to like it because it has been made by Obsidian.
Kinda like how lots of people around here praise ToEE and Bloodlines. Blind love dedicated to Troika after they had made one of the greatest RPG aka Arcanum.
ToEE may have had the best D&D combat implementation in a cRPG but holy shit how boring of a setting, story, non-existent characters crap it was not to say that for a game that is combat-centered how crappy the level design and encounters were. And it still get lots of love. Because it's Troika. No one would have tolerated that amount of fail had ToEE been developed by Bioware. Hell had Bioware released a game with as many bugs as Bloodlines, some of them game breaking THE SHIT WOULD HAVE HIT THE FAN HARD.

hoochimama

Liturgist
I didn't find AP to be worth the money , heck, didn't find it to be worth the time spent trying to see if I could get some enjoyment out of it.

If you can only get one new game then Red Dead Redemption is probably a safer bet.

Monocause

Arcane
Dny said:
Fanboi bias. Had AP been a Bioware stamped game they would be the first to call to arms against the new shit.

Bullshit. While ME1 got almost universally panned on the Codex, ME2 was received much more favourably. DA got mixed reviews, with many people starting out enthusiastically and becoming more and more disillusioned as the time passed, myself included. Only a relatively small group of posters bashed these games stalwartly. This group also happens to be one of the most vocal ones and often claims some sort of an "old codex superiority" in opposition to the idiocy of the so-called new posters.
You make an interesting misattribution by saying that that there would be a crusade against the 'new shit'. Please note that "new-shit crusaders" that are very vocal whenever a Bio game is out are now on a crusade against AP, this time enriching their vocabulary with the word "popamole".

Codex is not a hivemind. The "Codex Hivemind" is a meme. Really.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
the codex is kinda like the master, 'cept every voice says something different and they all senselessly bitch at each other.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS SKYWAY KNOWS HIS SHIT HE HAS BEEN PLAYING CRPSGS FOR ALMOST 5 YEARS GO FUCK A MOB YOU GUYS

FUCK FAG PROTOCOL IS WORSE THAN FAGOUT NEW VEGAS THAT GAME HAS NO C+C AND THE DIALOGS JUST SUCK AS????? SOME OF YOU FAGS ARE PROBABLY PLAYIBNH NEW VEGAS RIGHT NOW ENJOY YOUR POPAMOLE BULLSHIT

CLASSIC CRBEBPG GUYS MISS THE DAYS OF GOOD DAILOG AND TURNED BASED COMBOT FROM GAMES LIKE ULTIMA 7

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS TGHE CODEX IS LIKE A BIG BUNCH OF FAGGS BEING FAGGOTS

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
BLOBERT said:
BROS SKYWAY KNOWS HIS SHIT HE HAS BEEN PLAYING CRPSGS FOR ALMOST 5 YEARS GO FUCK A MOB YOU GUYS

FUCK FAG PROTOCOL IS WORSE THAN FAGOUT NEW VEGAS THAT GAME HAS NO C+C AND THE DIALOGS JUST SUCK AS????? SOME OF YOU FAGS ARE PROBABLY PLAYIBNH NEW VEGAS RIGHT NOW ENJOY YOUR POPAMOLE BULLSHIT

CLASSIC CRBEBPG GUYS MISS THE DAYS OF GOOD DAILOG AND TURNED BASED COMBOT FROM GAMES LIKE ULTIMA 7

icon_salut.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom