Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Yet Another Morrowind Thread

Discussion in 'Bethesda Game Studios' started by ScottishMartialArts, Aug 23, 2013.

1. cretin Learned

cretin
    Well yeah because morrowind and oblivion dont (didnt) have any, and theres really only so much you can do with textures and meshes alone. Have you ever played STALKER without dynamic lighting? Looks like shit. With dynamic lighting its shelf life for visuals lasted a very long time.

^ Top  
  2. Avarize Literate

Avarize
    Lighting is very important in all visual arts but more bloom or very sharp shadows aren't exactly the solution.

^ Top  
  3. DraQ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

DraQ
    Morrowind doesn't just have floating windows. You can toggle each windows on and off (so you can set it to emulate tabbed view if that's what you'd prefer), move stuff between world and inventory and even pin windows to your view to keep them open while walking around.

Anyone who doesn't consider Morrowind's UI to be the absolute pinnacle of cRPG UI is likely an inbred moron.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. prengle Educated

prengle
    draq, morrowind's floaty window-based ui is still one of my favorite huds from any game (anything that reminds me of classic windows gives me a boner i guess), but you've never flailed your mouse around like a spastic for 10 minutes before while trying to find that one Exquisite Potion of Healing in your gigantic, unlabeled stash of potions? granted this isn't an issue anymore with mods like ui expansion, but regardless morrowind's ui stil isn't perfect. it's just better than all of the consolized shit that came afterwards :cool:

^ Top  
  5. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    any mod that makes throwing daggers fun?

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Yeah Assassin's creed

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Bad Sector Arbiter Patron

Bad Sector
    IIRC (it has been a while since i played it) NWN2's UI also allowed hiding/showing, resizing and moving around individual elements (it was one of the first things i noticed compared to NWN1 - and other Aurora-based games - because the one thing i disliked in NWN1 was not being able to move the UI elements).

The only thing i haven't seen in other games is pinning, but TBH the only window i ever felt the need to pin was the map and that is because the default minimap which is shown if you do not pin the map has a very small area.

^ Top  
  8. DraQ Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

DraQ
    Tribunal.
    I have not for two reasons:
    • Potions of different strengths have distinctive looks
    • I happen to have mastered both the alphabet and binary search :obviously:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Stalin_Brando Arcane

Stalin_Brando
    [​IMG]

• I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.