Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yet Another Morrowind Thread

prengle

Savant
WHAT??? FREE VIDEOGAME MODIFICATIONS??? ON MY CODEX??? HOPW ROEWUR NE......

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I just updated the guide and removed 30 additional mods.
I would be interested to know if they more or less match the ones you felt were pointless luj1

Stella Brando

Arcane
Whatever shit you posted didn't load

worksonmymachine.png

Shadenuat

Arcane
i see modders were recruited into serf lyfe quite completely

• Upload permission You are not allowed to upload this file to other sites under any circumstances
  • Modification permission You must get permission from me before you are allowed to modify my files to improve it
  • Conversion permission You are not allowed to convert this file to work on other games under any circumstances
  • Asset use permission You must get permission from me before you are allowed to use any of the assets in this file
  • Asset use permission in mods/files that are being sold You are not allowed to use assets from this file in any mods/files that are being sold, for money, on Steam Workshop or other platforms
  • Asset use permission in mods/files that earn donation points You are not allowed to earn Donation Points for your mods if they use my assets

"gib donation points"
"order 49.99 lifetime pack"
"this modder does all this work for free. donate while downloading"
i think this might be good stuff for those old/new muscular dog memes

anyway. after downloading 5 gb patches to my 1.2 gb game I rolled me a female larp dunmer wise woman witch. there will be pic later

here is my amazing christmas modding compilation

MASTER FILES
- Morrowind.esm
yeah. I don't like neither of the addons because one is locked city inside game simulating big world and another is some viking santas

PATCHES

- Code patch
- Patch for purists
- fuck off tribunal assasins and bloodmon dialogue, because it pops even though I have mfs off O_o guess game somehow still pulls the files

GRAFIX
- MGEXE - I honestly wouldn't even bother with thing but it is a requirement for a bunch of gameplay mods
- some grass - which still bugs in balmora north
- some trees
- smaller potion meshes (there is a limit to even my immersion)
- Vanilla textures hd - wow AI is useful! we are now in deus ex! after installing this I abandoned every other mods for grafix since it's more than enough for me.

GAMEPLAY
- Price balance - old mod that nerfs gold. has potions costing 0 which is bad and not immersive but I accepted that as part of gameplay. i could't for fuck find another old mod that nerfes effects of alchemy themselves though. anyone has it? it's like morrowind overhaul version but not as retarded.
- Changed level tables (economy) - drags good loot up so instead of levels ~20 you get it way later
- Harder Barter - yes I installed not 1, not 2, but 3 economy mods :shitposting:and now not just every training, but every travel is something to think about.
truly when after selling all your dwemer junk you get from trader 250 gold, and training costs 500, but NPC from quest gives you 1000, you actually begin to appreciate the quest rewards.
- MCC Leveler - Author says he was inspired by Galsiah. well, idk what he was inspired by, but check my stats

zbiZmIE.jpg

yeah I do have Lady sign but... they're kinda high. that's standard options "normal" difficulty. mod recalculates stats depending on skills, and skills now have more than 1 stat affecting them, but it diesn't feel like Galsiah's at all - with GSC you usually have a lot more rough edgy character, potentially with high stats but also low stats.
granted i put most combat skills into minors and game is pretty hard and due to low gold pretty difficult but the feeling is not the same. :killit:once again point goes to old neanderthal 2010 modders. unlike GCD this mod does not allow stats higher than 100 tho.

also something seems to nerf some powerful spell effects in my game, but I have no idea what (in particular absorb fatigue costs like, 700 gold and 75 mana). I have no idea what does that.

- grafix herbalism
- speechcraft rebalance aka make it all super easy rebalance might turn it fucking off.
- ttooth ecology - it's ok but monsters seem kinda more agressive than expected. again feels like old 2010 mod did better. but finding baby guars is cute.
- djangos dialogue - spams some extra trivia dialogue but in spirit of original game i think. so far didn't feel terrible.

so how does it feel. you know, I like it. with a low level weak character, Morrowind feels fun. provided you slap your hand and not steal galbedir stones, and don't use op spells (banhammering Restoration completely does a lot good for game, and it's fun to rely on found items and scrolls), game holds up to this day without 9000 mods. I wish game allowed you to work some extra Great House quests without joining them and only later fork into what House to choose - it would fill the void for quests in most important cities.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Optimization or automation does not interest me. What I liked about GSC is that you could easily be 140 int mage with 30 endurance and 4 hp until end of the game. Judging but comments on mods which tried to remake the mod people considered it "too punishing" though, especially because it made making fightermages in particular so much harder. It gave me feels of Ultima Online, where you had a cap of skill points so you could 100 only 5 skills, something something x other skills. (in all fanmade servers people removed 500 skill point limits always because it was "unfun" that you could't be fightamagesmith)

well I slightly sawyered it all out by just removing lady birthsign spells effects using console. extra -50 stats make it look better. :shitposting:

too bad I can't as easily lock all these imperial doors leading to full suits of steel armors and expensive books just lying around everywhere, which becomes more annoying with every playthrough even with progressing forgetfulness of the game due to years separating them. i understand u can't make baldrusgate loot in big simulationist game but they at least could have locked some doors around leading to NPC personal safe spaces for their silverware.

Last edited:

prengle

Savant
im pretty sure that mule is the new standard now for anyone that wants a leveling overhaul, unless you have an allergic reaction to anything even remotely associated with mwse-lua

merry christmas :shittydog:

Shadenuat

Arcane
I just like crazy modders making decisions for me and making my character as weak as a scrib I guess. Customisation and sliders gives me too much power.

Spending a good chunk of gameplay re-reading books. How is it they are so good but they couldn't insert similar quality stories into NPC dialogue :M

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Man, temple quests are as good as I remember them.

Funny how when people critisize Morrowind quests, sure, there's a lot to dislike, but they do it from a more traditional rpg idea of choices in a quest. Like, people find it hard to steal dwemer stuff for Habasi, and would say that good RPG would give you an option to persuade smuggler or do something else.
However, Habasi actually accepts any dwemer artifacts, even if you find them just in a ruin near Balmora where Caius sends you to. Yea I know it's obvious. But not so obvious when you are used to "good rpg quest" meaning you basically pick from list of options.
I also got skull for orc lady by going into tomb with a altmer pal you get report for Atris from - he killed everything there so again, 2 birds 1 stone.

I am not saying all Morrowind quests are good or anything, but I think when we criticise them, we need to do it from that old Bethesda RPG paradigm - a more simulationist one, not classical "here is a list of skill checks you can pass to solve the quest".

Later already in Oblivion (and even Morrowind expansions) quests change more closer to traditional ones, including whole cinematic michael bay quest lines "now lick this tree and murder whole village or you can't progress in the fighters guild". And honestly, compared to that, I actually prefer my gather 4 flowers quests, because at least I have control over what my character does.

If there would be a Morrowind remaster one day, all these quests need is context and decent amount of roleplay and extra dialogue. You could easily turn rivalry of Ajira and Galbedir into a solid quest where you could pick beween supporting one or another or stealing an extra rank in the guild from them for lulz or something like that. No epicness or daedra lords, just good old academic rivalry over grants in healthy amount of gold and spirt gems :M

Also would be interesting to tweak dialogue system and maybe reverse it into Wizardry 8 system. Or, what can be done in spirit of original is probably assign some sort of more complex knowledge values to NPCs to filter what keywords can appear or not. So NPCs with high intelligence or personality would have more topics to discuss, while orc fighters would only have topics about weapons and such. I doubt every guard in morrowind is interested so much in the abolutionists and every farmer in geography :shittydog:
Or maybe even construct dialogue like that as well. Some sentences could be put into paragraph based on NPC and other topics, like "there are monsters [x] around" and [smith]"want to buy some silver weapons to whack them?".

Last edited:

zool

Arcane
Man, temple quests are as good as I remember them.

Funny how when people critisize Morrowind quests, sure, there's a lot to dislike, but they do it from a more traditional rpg idea of choices in a quest. Like, people find it hard to steal dwemer stuff for Habasi, and would say that good RPG would give you an option to persuade smuggler or do something else.
However, Habasi actually accepts any dwemer artifacts, even if you find them just in a ruin near Balmora where Caius sends you to. Yea I know it's obvious. But not so obvious when you are used to "good rpg quest" meaning you basically pick from list of options.

I am not saying all Morrowind quests are good or anything, but I think when we criticise them, we need to do it from that old Bethesda RPG paradigm - a more simulationist one, not classical "here is a list of skill checks you can pass to solve the quest".

Later already in Oblivion (and even Morrowind expansions) quests change more closer to traditional ones, including whole cinematic michael bay quest lines "now lick this tree and murder whole village or you can't progress in the fighters guild". And honestly, compared to that, I actually prefer my gather 4 flowers quests, because at least I have control over what my character does.

If there would be a Morrowind remaster one day, all these quests need is context and decent amount of roleplay and extra dialogue. You could easily turn rivalry of Ajira and Galbedir into a solid quest where you could pick beween supporting one or another or stealing an extra rank in the guild from them for lulz or something like that. No epicness or daedra lords, just good old academic rivalry over grants in healthy amount of gold and spirt gems :M

Also would be interesting to tweak dialogue system and maybe reverse it into Wizardry 8 system. Or, what can be done in spirit of original is probably assign some sort of more complex knowledge values to NPCs to filter what keywords can appear or not. So NPCs with high intelligence or personality would have more topics to discuss, while orc fighters would only have topics about weapons and such. I doubt every guard in morrowind is interested so much in the abolutionists and every farmer in geography :shittydog:

If you're interested in mods that add more RP options to vanilla quests, you may find a few in the "RP-oriented mods" subsection here.

In particular, the Quest Tweaks and Alternatives mod modifies a lot of Mages Guild quests, including the option to side with Galbedir instead of Ajira in their little feud.

More details in the readme:

- Added alternate quest path to help Galbedir instead of Ajira (you'll be able to do the first couple quests for each before choosing). Ajira's are 22 Guild Rep + 1 Reputation point on completion.
- Early faction reputation gains (from Ajira's and Galbedir's quests) have been made smaller, because it doesn't make sense to be able to shoot up to Evoker by doing quests that barely get them up to Journeymen.
- 3 pts for Mushrooms (Ajira)
- 3 pts for Scrib Soul Gems (Galbedir)
- 2 pts for Fake Soul Gem (Ajira)
- 2 pts for Tainted Ingredient (Galbedir)
- NOTE: If you turn in one sabotage quest, the other one autofails, so who you turn that quest into determines who you will progress with.
- The other NPCs in the Balmora Mages Guild have been given more to say about the rivalry to help the player decide who they'd rather help when they're both acting like jerks.
- Past this point, you can only do one questline with whoever you chose to help with the sabotage quest. Turning in one autofails the other.
Ajira's quests:
- 3 pts for Flowers
- 2 pts for Ceramic Bowl
- 5 pts for Stolen Reports (+ 1 Reputation)
- 1 Rep for Staff of Magnus
- 1 Rep for Warlock's Ring
- Total 15 pts, 3 rep (including earlier two quests)
Galbedir's quests:
- 5 pts for Special Soul Gem (+ 1 Reputation): failing this quest will allow you to go back to Ajira's quests
- 5 pts to Help Galbedir not be an Idiot (+ 1 Reputation)
- 1 Rep for Staff of Hasedoki
- Total 15 pts, 3 rep (including earlier two quests)

Last edited:

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
I'm replaying Morrowind. I've become the Master of the Fighter's Guild and the Dragon of the Imperial Legion. I think a way to improve guild "endgame" would be getting money from the guild for being the boss and being able to recruit guild members to follow you around.

Shadenuat

Arcane
If you're interested in mods that add more RP options to vanilla quests, you may find a few in the "RP-oriented mods"
More Ashlanders sounds fun.
kill 10 cliff racers
collect 10 ebony
yeah, very lore friendly :shitposting:

id play nationalist nerevar tho. I played LGNPC, even pax redoran alone was broken at least in few places.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I think a way to improve guild "endgame" would be getting money from the guild for being the boss and being able to recruit guild members to follow you around.

There have been several mods in the past which addressed that, such as Give Your Orders, Antares' Big Mod (description below) or Dracandros' Voice.

INTRODUCTION

With this mod you have special privileges with the lower ranking members of your faction.
You can:
- promote them,
- teach spells to them and be paid for it,
- teach disciplines to them and be paid for it,
- reward them,
- expel them from the faction.

Moreover, some NPCs and Factions may offer their special services:
- the Guild of Mages and House Telvanni members can be sent on mission to collect ingredients for you;
- the Imperial Cult members may collect alms for you, or some ingredients.
- the Scouts can take you to every place in Vvardenfell;
- the Alchemists and Apothecaries may prepare potions by request;
- the Smiths may forge weapons and armor by request;
- the Agents provide you several services;
- the Assassins and Morag Tong members can be hired to execute a target;
- the Thieves Guild members can be hired to steal items from the Npcs;
- in the Guild of Fighters, and in the Guild of Mages, you may hire mercenaries. You may train them.
- as member of the Imperial Legion, you may arrest npcs. As Knight Protector, you may demand a guard as companion;
- as Patriarch of the Temple, you may demand an ordinator as companion. While with him, you may accuse people of heresy and they are arrested and may be executed.
- as House Father or Mouth of a House, you may demand a guard as companion. You may train them.

Generally, the highest ranking members of a faction will inform you, when you have access to these privileges.

This mod requires Tribunal and Bloodmoon.

Shadenuat

Arcane
With this mod you have special privileges with the lower ranking members of your faction.
Its funny for larp but you don't really need any more ingredients money potions or weapons than they alread give you in the game. Scouts sound ok and could be used to enhance Vivec, change to Guides and make them take you places for money inside cantons.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Wouldn't that just make game worse and spawn golden saints on the hills around cities like it does in late game vanilla?

I believe it does make the game worse. The issue with Morrowind's world and how it handles leveled enemies is that it not only modifies existing creatures, but also ADDS many more spawns.
The best example is right there at the beginning of the game. Suddenly you can't walk one feet in the Bitter Coast without encountering one Cliffracer/Netch.

Funposter

Arcane
Wouldn't that just make game worse and spawn golden saints on the hills around cities like it does in late game vanilla?

I believe it does make the game worse. The issue with Morrowind's world and how it handles leveled enemies is that it not only modifies existing creatures, but also ADDS many more spawns.
The best example is right there at the beginning of the game. Suddenly you can't walk one feet in the Bitter Coast without encountering one Cliffracer/Netch.
It would mainly apply to Cliff Racer spawns if we're being perfectly honest. Golden Saint/Ascended Sleeper spawns would only affect the Grazelands and Molag Amur, which are dangerous enough at low levels anyway. Dungeons would definitely become more interesting/dangerous, but most high level dungeons are already gated off by high level NPCs anyway, so it doesn't matter if they have weak Daedra spawning around them.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Im casual who gets spooked by respawning dwarven ghosts :negative: and back in the day I had a mod that removed respawns from dungeons. I know you can not remove bodies but I have been trained since release to do so. Wish I had that mod now.

Don Peste

Arcane
I just finished updating my Morrowind++ guide.

I know the Codex will freak out at the 160 or so mods included

Now with "just" 130 mods. :cool:
70 now. Why the culling? I prefer it this way, but I wonder why you started the guide with hundreds of mods, and now you keep reducing it. Even after saying it was finished.

Also, why did you delete the whole changelog?

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
70 now. Why the culling? I prefer it this way, but I wonder why you started the guide with hundreds of mods, and now you keep reducing it. Even after saying it was finished.

Also, why did you delete the whole changelog?

I've started a "separate" guide which is a much more extensive version, which also includes gameplay and balance mods, as well as many other additions to the other sections: Morrowind# :P (until I can think of a good name)
I deleted the changelog for two reasons, really:
  • First, because I wanted a clean slate.
  • Second, because it was full of "mod added" and later "mod removed" and so on. And it was a mess for people to follow through it. With the recent changes made, it's best for people to simply start a new game if so they wish (the mods removed were not removed because they were buggy, but because they were deemed "not essential" to that guide).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom