Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yet Another Morrowind Thread

CHEMS

Scholar
Just getting 10k gold in vanilla economy is enough to make a character OP.
Nigger, have you even played the game?
That amounts to pretty much nothing if you account for various item costs, enchantments and training...
I don't think you understand what overhaul means, that's why you have to abuse creeper to enchant shit and get butthurt because of it

If only some certain skill could help you with that... oh wait, mercantile is stupid, right? :smug:
Lmao, what a shitty comeback.
Like Daggerfall, you increase skills by using them. It can get very tedious trying to increase a shit skill like Mercantile trying to barter with a merchant by moving that sum bar up for when you want to be paid more for an item or down when you want to pay less for an item you buy.
Then just use fortify enchant then enchant your shit and stop whining

If you're gonna cheese the game at least use your brains

Fargus

Arcane
You can always put money into training mercantile like with any other skill too tedious to increase.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah, because having a Daedric Dagger worth 10000 and no fucking merchant who can give me at least 50 percent of its worth is really FUN!

Mercantile is not done brilliantly in Morrowind, but being able to just get anything close to the actual value of (e.g.) a Daedric dagger doesn't make any economic sense. It's like showing up to a gun shop in real life and offering to sell a tactical nuke for $100M, and getting that money no questions asked. Some things are just so powerful and valuable that A) nobody will touch that shit and B) no normal shopkeeper can afford it and C) who would they ever resell it to? Only collectors, big-time smugglers, etc. Someone would have to verify its authenticity maybe, and where it came from. "Err yeah it just fell off the back of a silt strider / I found it in a cave". Tribunal solves this a bit with the Museum of Artifacts, although they don't buy generic Daedric stuff. But yeah it's probably fair that you can't just sell a Daedric dagger for any significant percentage of its value.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Tribunal solves this a bit with the Museum of Artifacts, although they don't buy generic Daedric stuff. But yeah it's probably fair that you can't just sell a Daedric dagger for any significant percentage of its value.
Again, you get like only half of the item's value.
An artifact worth 100000 septims is worth only 30000 to the prestigious curator of the Museum...

TRULY BEST DEAL!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I ended up enjoying the game more when not using creeper. Training did not actually feel broken when you can't get anywhere close the real value of your loot, and you don't use drain skill spells to reduce the cost. Paying npcs to enchant also felt more fair (although that one is kinda bullshit because it is literally impossible to get good odds at lategame enchants yourself without abusing the game mechanics).

Fargus

Arcane
Played that shit with anticheese mods in VR and used only combat to train the spear skill by making thrust movements with my right hand. I now can punch a wall through.

Ash

Arcane
I made three Morrowind mini-gameplay mods to add to my list of 90 or something installed gameplay mods...the game STILL ends up breaking and sucking eventually. Next playthrough will be the one where the balance will hold out thanks to my latest invention! But there is no saving the eventual repetition of content that sets in around lvl 30.

Still, I'll always have love for this game no matter how unfinished and unrefined. Maybe one day I will actually do a full playthrough to completion, but for now it is unworthy.

I also had a brief run-in with the modding community. Yet another gaming community seemingly infested with the woke mind virus; leftist extremism. Gross.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I made three Morrowind mini-gameplay mods to add to my list of 90 or something installed gameplay mods...the game STILL ends up breaking and sucking eventually. Next playthrough will be the one where the balance will hold out thanks to my latest invention! But there is no saving the eventual repetition of content that sets in around lvl 30.

Still, I'll always have love for this game no matter how unfinished and unrefined. Maybe one day I will actually do a full playthrough to completion, but for now it is unworthy.

I also had a brief run-in with the modding community. Yet another gaming community seemingly infested with the woke mind virus; leftist extremism. Gross.
Morrowind was made to be broken.
Go out there and have some fun.
Increase your speed to 10000.
Make a custom Jump spell and jump from one point of Vvardenfell to the other without running into those pesky Cliff Racers.
It is entirely up to you to decide where you draw the line.
This is why Morrowind is so much fun and wild.

Hagashager

Educated
Am I the only one who hates the N'Wah memes? N'Wah isn't Nigga. It's made by Dark Elves to insult foreigners. No self-respecting Dunmer would himself an N'Wah.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Am I the only one who hates the N'Wah memes? N'Wah isn't Nigga. It's made by Dark Elves to insult foreigners. No self-respecting Dunmer would himself an N'Wah.
Yeah, it's kind of an overused meme at this point, but I still like it.
And yes, N'Wah is just "outsider" or outlander, but stated in a derogatory way.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Still, I'll always have love for this game no matter how unfinished and unrefined

It's less unfinished than any of the later TES games. Skyrim barely ran.

If difficulty is what you want there are mods for that. But then you are going to cry like a baby.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
What I like to use,

- OJ's Deleveler
- mort's balance mods for Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon (starting expansions at level 1 makes sense now)
- Anti-cheese by Remiros
- One of a Kind

Fargus

Arcane
Yeah, it's kind of an overused meme at this point, but I still like it.
And yes, N'Wah is just "outsider" or outlander, but stated in a derogatory way.

Morrowind had amusing insults like n'wah (derogatory for foreigner), s'wit (moron), fetcher (idk, someone like lackey, low status or even lowlife?). Some names of local fauna can also be used in insults like: "you're a weak, scrib-brained, bosmer scum", "you're as dumb as a guar, outlander, and just as ugly".

Skyrim only had shitty "milkdrinker". Nords are as generic as they go.

janior

Arcane
Patron
I wish bloodmoon wasn't so high lvl, went there with my lvl 10 character and smugglers in the cave two shot my poor character. Guess it will remain unfinished for me(yeah I know most people don't like this expansion).

Ash

Arcane

Morrowind was made to be broken.
Go out there and have some fun.
Increase your speed to 10000.
Make a custom Jump spell and jump from one point of Vvardenfell to the other without running into those pesky Cliff Racers.
It is entirely up to you to decide where you draw the line.
This is why Morrowind is so much fun and wild.

There is for sure fun in breaking the game, but it is short-lived and hasn't got shit on what could be achieved with real gameplay. If you can't see that, you're just another dim gamer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom