Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information You Will Believe a Golden Baby Can Fly: Grimoire on Indiegogo

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

I think I'll wait for release.

edit: It has some fantastic images for Codex to steal, though!
20121005225711-shroomframe.png

:lol:

Penisaurus was too low brow for Cleve so he went for a Cockshroom instead.

jewboy

Arbiter
I mean that I can't deal with the graphics. For me, at some point of graphical shittiness I would prefer all text and Grimoire is definitely at that level of graphic shittiness. Ultima Underworld is one of my favorite computer games of all time, but when I try to play it now I just can't do it.

Some other games that I liked at one time and can no longer play mostly due to the graphics are: Crush, Crumble, and Chomp, Castle Wolfenstein, and Archon: The Dark and the Light.

mondblut

Arcane
I'm a bit disappointed that Blades of Destiny has more races & classes that Grimoire, but I'll overlook this to avoid 10 more years of development time. :P

That's because Blade of Destiny does not separate races and classes, like basic D&D. Both "fighters" and "dwarves" account into 16. Almost all games in the list in truth offer more race/class combos than Blade of Destiny does.

Epic pitch. At 2:00 to 2:55 he sounds almost like Oswald Mosley in his legendary speech:

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
What exactly is the role of this Shamgar fellow in all of this?

About those promises: How is it feasible to increase the viewport size? Does this mean stretching the current graphics, or making new ones? What about the resolution increase? You'd need new graphics for everything, can you make that before may 2013? New animations for spells, new sounds...? Given this game's history I'm a bit skeptical about this. Otherwise the game looks nice, I enjoyed the demo.

Cool part where you show all those maps :D Also, I love how you shout: "I AM THAT MADMAN"

"Help us crush popaaamole"

COMMODORE 64 FOREVER!!!

Raygun_elf

Educated
I mean that I can't deal with the graphics. For me, at some point of graphical shittiness I would prefer all text and Grimoire is definitely at that level of graphic shittiness. Ultima Underworld is one of my favorite computer games of all time, but when I try to play it now I just can't do it.

Some other games that I liked at one time and can no longer play mostly due to the graphics are: Crush, Crumble, and Chomp, Castle Wolfenstein, and Archon: The Dark and the Light.
Well, to each their own, but if you refuse to play any games made before 1993 you are really robbing yourself of the best RPG's in existence.

MCA

What the fuck, son, the game looks beautiful. Also possibly one of the best GUIs I've ever seen in this type of game.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This video is so full if incline and Cleve is awesome and all but there is one thing that made me rage - Lascaux cave paintings weren't made by Neathertals.

jewboy

Arbiter

Well, to each their own, but if you refuse to play any games made before 1993 you are really robbing yourself of the best RPG's in existence.

I don't disagree with this, but my situation is even worse than that. I can't even replay Might and Magic VI - VIII. Games that I really loved. Graphics Whorism is like a disease. It doesn't help that I have to try to reinstall Windows 98SE in order to play MM6 again, which I've actually done. But then after my fresh install of Win98 on an old motherboard which actually had drivers for that OS I found that I couldn't play the fucking thing anyway. As always I find that graphics tend to be worse than I remembered them. Although I hate modern Bethesda with a passion, I actually did enjoy playing both Arena and Daggerfall back when they were released. The graphics seemed nice at that time. Now...well they didn't age well. I once tried to play Ultima 7 because I had heard so many good things about it back in the early to mid 90s, but I took one look at the graphics and just couldn't play it.

visions

Arcane
RIDING TURTLES. Loved the part where Cleve flipped though the maps. All in all, CUMMING BUCKETS. And vots is right, it looks beautiful.

Raygun_elf

Educated

I don't disagree with this, but my situation is even worse than that. I can't even replay Might and Magic VI - VIII. Games that I really loved. Graphics Whorism is like a disease. It doesn't help that I have to try to reinstall Windows 98SE in order to play MM6 again, which I've actually done. But then after my fresh install of Win98 on an old motherboard which actually had drivers for that OS I found that I couldn't play the fucking thing anyway. As always I find that graphics tend to be worse than I remembered them. Although I hate modern Bethesda with a passion, I actually did enjoy playing both Arena and Daggerfall back when they were released. The graphics seemed nice at that time. Now...well they didn't age well. I once tried to play Ultima 7 because I had heard so many good things about it back in the early to mid 90s, but I took one look at the graphics and just couldn't play it.
Well, maybe I have a graphics disease too, except like the opposite of you. I downloaded Deux Ex: Human Revolution a few months back and literally couldn't stand the graphics, even with everything set to max, I uninstalled after the first torture cut-scene because it looked so generic.

It's not nostalgia either, I'm too young to have ever had MS-DOS installed or my computer, or to have owned an Amiga, I played all those games on DOSBox and honestly I find them better both in graphics and gameplay to the newest stuff. I guess everyone is different though, but the viewport graphics in this Grimoire game look charming to me, artistic and stuff.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013

:retarded:

You really are a fucking jew it seems. Dumbshit, MM7 looks good even today. It has 'modern' grafix. Ultima 7 looks beautiful as well.

Also, if you buy MM6-7 on GoG you can play it on modern systems including windows 7. It's only like $5.00 for the bundle you dumbshit, that's dirt cheap. Don't stuff your face with fucking mcdonalds for one meal, or don't donate money to israel this week or whatever you fucktards do with your ill gotten dough.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
If you throw it hard enough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom