Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information You Will Believe a Golden Baby Can Fly: Grimoire on Indiegogo

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was expecting Cleve to sound loud and boisterous, I'm disappointed that he actually sounds like some emaciated nerd (even though he is/was quite fat). He misrepresented himself. :rpgcodex:

Emaciated nerd? He sounds like a distinguished Yankee gentleman. :obviously:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
No, he sounds like he lacks testosterone, as if his balls never fully descended. Must be a neanderthal thing.

- I can hear your Australian accent creeping in when you pronounce "four". Heh.
- The hermit crab "puzzle" was a very nice touch. As was the turtle riding
- The Codex references were good to see there. The Codex did whip you up into this frenzy so certainly credit where credit is due

The only thing to really do different would probably be a better mic for smoother audio. I imagine you'll be wanting to do a number of video updates later so that'd be a good investment.

Well, good luck I guess and hopefully we can write the final chapter in this Grimoire story. It would reflect on the Codex really well if this was successful and Grimoire completed. Well, and reflect very badly on the "Oldschool RPG" kickstarter which isn't going to work out.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
No, he sounds like he lacks testosterone, as if his balls never fully descended. Must be a neanderthal thing.

Hyoid bone emerges in throat as a deliberate baritone suppressor. Do a search on the internet for it.

Neanderthal males were designed by nature to have voices that were non threatening to women and children and would carry over long distances for cooporative hunting.

Spear chuckin' one night campfire dancers in Sapiens designed to have deep voice because they will be gone in the morning anyway.

People frequently noticed that both Casey Viator and the Mentzers, three of the strongest people to ever be tested on Nautlius machines (either brother could have killed Arnold with a casual slap) all had peculiar pitched voices that belied their actual strength and size. Very common amongst the breed. Don't believe me, do a search for it on Neanderthals.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My God, I thought I was nuts because I couldn't do without 10 attributes. And that's for a single character game. Cleve put 11 in an 8 character one. :salute:

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
Am I the only one who laughed like a motherfucker at giving the crab a shell? :lol:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'd pity the fools that actually give the clown money only they deserve what they'll get...nothing. Nice little scam he has going. Wonder why it took so long. I don't think the guy that made Demise needed $250,000 to make his game from scratch, while Cleve 'needs' such an amount just to give it a 'final polish'.

Don Peste

Arcane
Jesus Christ, I'm only 3 minutes in the video, but this is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. I think he just said "In Grimoire (native French accent) brrrfrfbr... You can run on turtles".

AMAZING. Obviously the best pitch ever. :bro: :thumbsup::bro:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I'm a bit disappointed that Blades of Destiny has more races & classes that Grimoire, but I'll overlook this to avoid 10 more years of development time. :P

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2

Hyoid bone emerges in throat as a deliberate baritone suppressor. Do a search on the internet for it.

Neanderthal males were designed by nature to have voices that were non threatening to women and children and would carry over long distances for cooporative hunting.

Spear chuckin' one night campfire dancers in Sapiens designed to have deep voice because they will be gone in the morning anyway.

People frequently noticed that both Casey Viator and the Mentzers, three of the strongest people to ever be tested on Nautlius machines (either brother could have killed Arnold with a casual slap) all had peculiar pitched voices that belied their actual strength and size. Very common amongst the breed. Don't believe me, do a search for it on Neanderthals.

Those guys sound normal. I looked up some interviews on the interwebs. You sound like you have low testosterone. Maybe that is why the neanderthals failed so badly. They had low T and couldn't attract women with their girly voices. If you can't stick your dick in the womenfolk it is just natural selections way of telling you that you are a total pussy.

Good luck on your game, bro. I might even throw you some money to help with the game/bunker.

Dyskolos

Cipher
After that pitch I'd give money just to have Cleve narrate a fullscale Let's Play

ndjvp1.jpg

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Those guys sound normal. I looked up some interviews on the interwebs. You sound like you have low testosterone. Maybe that is why the neanderthals failed so badly. They had low T and couldn't attract women with their girly voices. If you can't stick your dick in the womenfolk it is just natural selections way of telling you that you are a total pussy.

Black people feel the same way. You have really crossed the aisle in terms of rejecting stuffy notions of monogamy in the way they have. Maybe you could move to be with them in their civilizations and practice these values in the presence of those who share them with you. Remember, when grandma takes a nap that's natures way of telling you she is giving you an opportunity. Also the age of consent could be moved to four years old to synchronize with Capetown. Also, passing up a chance to have sex with a chicken means you must suffer from low testosterone and lack manliness. The point of life is to nail woman in between collecting welfare checks. Oh wait, I recognize this country. It's called Kwanstainia. Good luck with all that. You know what you're incompatible with? Civilization. Sucks to be you.

... and bro, I tend to make other men's voices go up when they train beside me at the gym, not vice versa. I predict ten minutes training beside me you could be doing a falsetto that could break a wine glass.

This really seems like the ultimate crpg of all times. :incline:

Is this really going to get published or is it just a scam/trolling? I'm serious... It really looks like something I would like to play.

jewboy

Arbiter
Yeah. It was a good pitch. And funny. I even chuckled a few times. Although I think he may be making fun of his own game a bit too much for a fundraising video. It makes it seem like he isn't taking the whole thing seriously.

I think I've become too much of a graphics whore over the years to deal with those early 90s era graphics though. Reminds me a lot of Ultima Underworld (but with worse looking sprites) actually. Which, tragically, I can no longer play due to the dated graphics. It also reminds me a bit of Might and Magic VI. A party based first person perspective game. If he updated the graphics to post-millenium levels and hired a real artist to at least do the sprites I might be interested though. Also, were those sprites even drawn by an artist? Might be programmer art. If he plans to use better looking sprites for the monsters he probably should have included some examples.

Nevertheless, some of it does sound impressive. I loved when he kept going through those neverending old style DnD maps. This is exactly the sort of project I would have loved to have worked on when I was younger. It looks like it was probably a lot of fun to make. I would have tried to get some artists to help me with the art though. Maybe pay some art school students to draw some sprites on paper and then scan them in.

What's with the overdone Aussie accent? He sounds like crocodile dundee. Australians are always insisting that they don't really talk like that.

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have to say, I thought he was just trolling with this whole thing. But the pitch video is actually pretty good. :lol:

Raygun_elf

Educated
Yeah. It was a good pitch. And funny. I even chuckled a few times. Although I think he may be making fun of his own game a bit too much for a fundraising video. It makes it seem like he isn't taking the whole thing seriously.

I think I've become too much of a graphics whore over the years to deal with those early 90s era graphics though. Reminds me a lot of Ultima Underworld (but with worse looking sprites) actually. Which, tragically, I can no longer play due to the dated graphics. It also reminds me a bit of Might and Magic VI. A party based first person perspective game. If he updated the graphics to post-millenium levels and hired a real artist to at least do the sprites I might be interested though. Also, were those sprites even drawn by an artist? Might be programmer art. If he plans to use better looking sprites for the monsters he probably should have included some examples.

Nevertheless, some of it does sound impressive. I loved when he kept going through those neverending old style DnD maps. This is exactly the sort of project I would have loved to have worked on when I was younger. It looks like it was probably a lot of fun to make. I would have tried to get some artists to help me with the art though. Maybe pay some art school students to draw some sprites on paper and then scan them in.
What do you mean "can't play" UU? I've played that game quite a bit and it's never induced my brain to explode or my eyes to go blind. Are you having trouble using DOSBox, is that it?

These kind of comments make me angry, who the frack cares about graphics? What an outrageous comment jewboy, I find the graphics to UU, Wizardry 7, Thunderscape, World of Xeen, and games of the era, truly beautiful. I am offended by your comment.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Cleve sounds odd (like JFK), but not like a woman in any way. His voice would fit better in Burnout: a post-apocalyptic RPG than a fantasy game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom