Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your favourite standalone RPG

Your favourite standalone role-playing RPG game (pick three)

• Total voters

Lemming42

Arcane
As in, an RPG that doesn't have any sequels and isn't part of a series. Get all your "Fallout :smug: because I hate them all except the first one :smug: everyone look at me!!!" type posts out of the way now.

I've put the ones I think people might actually vote for on there. Obviously the poll can't be a comprehensive list of all standalone RPGs ever made, because it'd go on forever, so if you want something added and will vote for it, tag me and nag at me until I see your post. Please don't be like "you left out 1999's Darkstone, you dumb fuck" and then leave it at zero votes when I acquiesce and add it.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Aren't they making a sequel to KCD, though?
Yes, but the criterion of never receiving a sequel in the future would also disqualify Grimoire:

EZel7Jg.png

AdolfSatan

Arcane
You should either have AoD and DR or neither, putting only one in the list is a weird choice. To that end CS would make more sense, but I don't think it's been too favored in the codex.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Yes, but the criterion of never receiving a sequel in the future would also disqualify Grimoire:
yes, lets go with it. Underrail, planet escape, AoD, alpha brotocol, all need to go.
Gorasul shall reign supreme, as soon as Lemming42 lets go of his agenda and add it that is

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Age of Decadence isn't standalone. The Dark Heart of Uukrul was my immediate response, but Grimoire, Underrail, and Albion are quality choices too.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
every game is standalone until the fat fuck in charge decides to shit out a dozen sequels
also remove torment from the list numenera exists you dip

Gandalf

Arbiter
Numanuma may be a kind of carbon copy of Planescape in some respects, but it is not really a sequel at all. It's like saying that both parts of Pillars of Eternity: White March are sequels to the Icewind Dale games.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Numanuma may be a kind of carbon copy of Planescape in some respects, but it is not really a sequel at all. It's like saying that both parts of Pillars of Eternity: White March are sequels to the Icewind Dale games.
what are you, dumb? the game's called TORMENT TIDES OF NUMENERA
pillows of eternity is not part of the icewind dale franchise

Lemming42

Arcane
I was specifically told in the "favourite RPG series" thread that it doesn't count as a sequel.

What am I actually adding? I can't even tell if people are joking half the time.

Nox, Disciples of Steel, The Aethra Chronicles, and of course Gorasul?

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I was specifically told in the "favourite RPG series" thread that it doesn't count as a sequel.

What am I actually adding? I can't even tell if people are joking half the time.

Nox, Disciples of Steel, The Aethra Chronicles, and of course Gorasul?
specifically told by whom

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom