Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Good Old Games
Donate to Codex
News Content Gallery About Donate Discord Contact
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Your test site sucks

Do you zoom in when reading the Codex?

• Yes, I usually or regularly zoom in (increasing the font size) in order to read the Codex.

Votes: 82 27.0%
  • On the odd occasion, I have had to zoom in. Maybe on a particular device.

Votes: 36 11.8%
  • No. Never.

Votes: 148 48.7%
  • Bitch, I zoom out.

Votes: 21 6.9%
  • Oh Comrade of Kings, lament not our sins.

Votes: 17 5.6%

• Total voters

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff member
Taluntain please make sure to implement the "Ignore Thread" option as soon as possible. Most people - myself included - have a very specific taste in video games. So, I'd usually just put threads about games that don't interest me on my ignore list. That way, I'd only have to check out a hand full of threads per game subforum per day (i.e. the one that were not on my ignore list).

Now, there are 50 threads per subforum page. I can't tell which threads/games I've already checked out and discarded, because obviously I don't remember the names of games that didn't interest me. On the other hand, it's become infinitely harder finding threads of games that interest me, because they're hidden somewhere in the 50 threads per page and I'd have to go through all thread titles everyday again and again just to find/identify them.

Would be great if you somehow managed to migrate the list of ignored threads from the old site to the new site as well, so that I won't have to start checking out each and every thread/game again (my Ignored Threads list had over 100 pages - some game threads I could ignore by the information in the title alone, some others by the information in the respective thread, others only by going to the developer's site - so a lot of time and effort went into creating that list). Thank you.

All such features will be added back eventually but you have to realize that we've lost a shitload of custom functionality that's been added to the old forums over the years so it's going to take some time to get it back. It all needs to be recoded from scratch for XF2. I don't even know if that was a community addon or something that DU coded himself. But I'm sure it'll be added back sooner or later.

GhostCow

Big Mara Energy
Patron
This is what the scroll bar looks like on my phone. Even if it wasn't taking up a quarter of the screen, I wouldn't want it there. I have no need for these buttons to be at the top of the screen the entire time I'm using the site.
Screenshot_20220613-121150.png

SevenSidedDice

Learned
I like the new theme. Most of the issues have been fixed.
I think we're pretty much ready to move. Don't really care about the persistent "share" buttons. Put those in a collapsible menu, along with the report and bookmark buttons. Really, who's sharing posts from the codex anyway? We've got an entire ecosystem here.
The emojis should be in a box of their own, the way they are now.
Make the emoji menu instantaneous, I don't want to view that zoom.
Zoom on the emojis is an improvement.
Verdict: :incline:
:kfc:Haters need to try some tendies now.
I rescind my review until the new website is the same as the old test website.
:killit:

Semiurge

Cipher
Regarding those:

4IXH3uH.jpg

I’m thinking of making a Pip Boy like so:

7UmVxIC.jpg

…instead of the speech bubbles. What kind of dimensions should I go for?

Let go of your vault-boy obsession. Even though the classic Fallouts are respected here, the troll is the official mascot.

BruceVC

Magister
Crispy

Hi Crispy, is this the new format for Codex or are you guys testing it out. I havent been that active since the changes so I will provide constructive feedback if I experience anything. I have noticed one issue is the default homepage is not working and I get " Our front page is down for maintenance but the forums are working" which you would know about ?

Crispy

Don't get old.
Staff member
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry
Not sure why you're asking me about this but why don't you just edit your bookmark or your homepage URL to the new one?

kony

Formely known as Konjad
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Organizations and Conferences

• Insist on doing everything through “channels.” Never permit short-cuts to be taken in order to expedite decisions.
  • Make “speeches.” Talk as frequently as possible and at great length. Illustrate your “points” by long anecdotes and accounts of personal experiences.
  • When possible, refer all matters to committees, for “further study and consideration.” Attempt to make the committee as large as possible — never less than five.
  • Bring up irrelevant issues as frequently as possible.
  • Haggle over precise wordings of communications, minutes, resolutions.
  • Refer back to matters decided upon at the last meeting and attempt to re-open the question of the advisability of that decision.
  • Advocate “caution.” Be “reasonable” and urge your fellow-conferees to be “reasonable” and avoid haste which might result in embarrassments or difficulties later on.
Managers

• In making work assignments, always sign out the unimportant jobs first. See that important jobs are assigned to inefficient workers.
  • Insist on perfect work in relatively unimportant products; send back for refinishing those which have the least flaw.
  • To lower morale and with it, production, be pleasant to inefficient workers; give them undeserved promotions.
  • Hold conferences when there is more critical work to be done.
  • Multiply the procedures and clearances involved in issuing instructions, pay checks, and so on. See that three people have to approve everything where one would do.
Employees

• Work slowly
  • Work slowly.
  • Contrive as many interruptions to your work as you can.
  • Do your work poorly and blame it on bad tools, machinery, or equipment. Complain that these things are preventing you from doing your job right.
  • Never pass on your skill and experience to a new or less skillful worker.

BruceVC

Magister
Not sure why you're asking me about this but why don't you just edit your bookmark or your homepage URL to the new one?
I was just pointing out the default homepage, rpgcodex.net, leads to an error. You can get to the forums from their but its not a great first impression. I realize you busy stabilizing things so its probably something you want to address in the future

Top Bottom