Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

delete my account

MerchantKing

Learned
Instead of deleting his account, you should give him admin privileges.

Camel

Scholar
Full history of latest drama.
Infinitron King Crispy

Okay I get it, I will never say anything good about Starfield ever again. Please remove this retarded tag as I still want to post on this site but I just can't do it as I feel dirty having it. If I should ever say anything good about Starfield ever again you can instaban me.
okay King Crispy time for me to make a new account then, please delete this account, I hope it makes you happy.
King Crispy don't rate me "No" that was a request to have my account deleted you little faggot. No wonder nobody likes you on this site. If you refuse to do so I'll change my password to some gibberish and never log in again so you can do with this account what you want.

I begged twice to have this shit tag removed. I have done nothing wrong but defend a game I like in the designated thread. For this I have been harassed by staff, which I assume is mainly you, you old cunt. I'm not here for your amusement so go and fuck yourself.
Stop tagging me or I'm banning you. This is not the place for GD talk.

Final warning.
Vic has temporarily been banned from this thread. I'm sorry you all had to witness this.

We (I) occasionally make decisions like this public in order to keep up the illusion of being in control of this place.

I also do that to stoke my very fragile ego.

Back to Starfield discussion.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
The drama goes back to when I got the tag for the first time. That was shortly after Starfield launched and we (mainly me) had heated fights with the "haters". Giving me the tag then was deserved, IF you took everything I said at face value and didn't consider that I was partly trolling the nay sayers. I did reach out to Infinitron via private message:

Vic said:
Subject: Please remove "Bethesdard" tag

I don't think it's justified and negatively affects the perception of my posts!

The last Bethesda game I played was in 2015 when Fallout 4 released, and now again with Starfield which I've played for 2 weeks. And I'm not going to play another Bethesda game until they either release a major DLC or TES 6 comes out.... I do enjoy their games but I wouldn't call myself as a Bethesda fan. They aren't even among my favorite games nor do I consider them RPGs but action-adventure with RPG elements.

Starfield was my hope to counteract the woke influx of BG3 so maybe I got a little carried away there but it turned out to be even more woke than BG3, it's kind of disgusting and I feel disgusted seeing the company logo under every post I make.

If you could remove it that would be nice because it really does bother me.

Thanks,

To which he responded:

Infinitron said:
OK, I'll remove it, but only if you post this in the Starfield thread.

Which I did, and the tag was removed. At that point I stopped playing the game but continued to every now and then drop into the thread and defend it from the haters, nothing crazy, and certainly nothing that would warrant the tag. My latest comments that I made, which shortly preceded me getting the tag again, were this:

Vic said:
if you think starfield is a bad game you’ve never played a bad game

step away from the mainstream and play some random titles to get some perspective

starfield a bad game pftttt

Vic said:
First, time is way more valuable than the price now that we aren't kids.
oh spare me, how many horurs are you wasting on the codex each day.
Second, it's our duty to trash big titles if they underdeliver (not here, here it's just for recreation) otherwise the bar will be at the shit mark forever
nobody cares. The bottom line is money not your post count in the Starfield thread
For a comparison, how would you score previous Bethesda games and Starfield.
idk man, it's the same game all over. This time it's Daggerfall meets Fallout 4. It's not too far from the apple tree

Vic said:
Interesting, even Reddit NPCs find Starfield mediocre:
8mnxVLv.jpeg

Wasn't someone here just saying that it is a good game? :)
yeah reception of the game was from the very beginning 50/50 love/hate. Even now the fires are still burning especially on the steam forums.

edit: dude fuck off with that Besthard tag whoever gave it to me again you suck big black cocks

There was some more stuff which I said after this in response to me getting the tag again, but I don't think it's relevant and after this I took some time off codex because I didn't feel like posting here getting the stupid tag again. But recently somebody quoted me and obviously I had to reply and then I saw the tag again and asked for it to be removed as Camel quoted above, to which Crispy rated me "No" which got me slightly triggered.

I am still waiting for the tag to be removed or my account deleted or at the very least renamed so I don't have to see my name associated with the company, for whatever reasons, I think me just saying that it bothers me should be enough and not warrant lengthy explanations. I am disgusted posting with this tag and honestly what's the point of all this? You don't like starfield stay the fuck out of the thread and don't give me this passive aggressive bullshit with the tag. Worse than discord mods.

Last edited:

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'd suggest you use a script to read all of crispy's posts and feed it to ChatGPT for an automatic reply to every post Crispy makes.

You could feed it helpful suggestions about how to respond in a friendly and productive manner too.

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Completely deserved tag, I don't get what you are a complaining about. You hyped Starfield in the Cyberpunk thread when nobody was even talking about Starfield. If you posted the same way in the Starfield thread (I wouldn't know as I don't care about Starfield), it was only a matter of time before someone would give you this tag.

And people would also realize you are hyping Starfield without the tag.

Vic

Savant
Completely deserved tag, I don't get what you are a complaining about. You hyped Starfield in the Cyberpunk thread when nobody was even talking about Starfield. If you posted the same way in the Starfield thread (I wouldn't know as I don't care about Starfield), it was only a matter of time before someone would give you this tag.

And people would also realize you are hyping Starfield without the tag.
You keep saying this because I stepped on your toes in that thread but it's not true and anybody can confirm this here:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/search/196499/?page=5&t=post&c[thread]=136268&c[users]=Vic&o=date

I was intentionally not gonna stoop to the level of the shittalkers who came into the starfield thread to cause beef. What I did was make the comparison because I was playing both at the same time and nothing wrong with that.

disregarding the crashes I’m feeling bored as it’s too railroaded. Also I’m getting arrested by 2 black cops and then have to bow down to a black kween in the tutorial. People were shitting on Starfield but while I’ve been playing this railroaded shooter I’ve kept thinking I could be playing Starfield right now.

Everything in the game is just for show and you can’t interact with it, and the controls are fucking ridiculous. Yeah it’s “cinematic” and hooks you in with a gay bromance story but I’m not seeing what this has over Starfied. Combat AI is just as dumb.

This is my third playthrough now, with the first 2 being on release almost 3 years ago so maybe that’s what may contribute to my feeling of absolute boredom and annoyance dealing with the controls.

Game feels like an edgy 16 year old version of Starfield. Too much sex and trying too hard to be “gangstah”.

I have a headache from the overstimulation of visuals and sound after playing for 2 hours. Adderall zoomer game.

That's not me "hyping" anything but giving my impression of the game.

Vic

Savant
That's almost all within 2 weeks from the starfield thread tho, rest is shitting on Morrowind last year. Guess I should post more in the politics forum.

Beans00

Augur
Bethesda has never made a good game(never played pre morrowind) and I have never looked at the starfield(or skyrim threads).

Also bethesda generally discards their fanbase every game so shitting on morrowind doesn't mean you're not a bethesda fan.

Daggerfall fanboys said morrowind was dumbed down, morrowind fanboys said oblivion was generic and dumbed down.

I shit you not I had a good friend in highschool who loved oblivion. Played it all the time and lo and behold 'skyrim sucked because the guild system was dumbed down'. I've never played skyrim so I have no idea if that is true.

VerSacrum

Educated

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
That was shortly after Starfield launched and we (mainly me) had heated fights with the "haters". Giving me the tag then was deserved, IF you took everything I said at face value and didn't consider that I was partly trolling the nay sayers.

PFfbfbfbf..
Bro you were logging like 10+ hours a day on shartfield literally just mining rocks and killing randomly spawning dinosaurs.

"Jokes on them, I was only pretending.."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom