Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ How has Crispy let you down recently

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Isn't it funny that they coopted Ringo because he was uglier than the 3 of them (he's not even the best drummer out of The Beatles), but nowadays he's the best looking one? :lol:

Zlaja

Arcane
Trying to get Crispy to like you is pointless. The man is not a people person. At best, you can get him to mildly respect you, but in order to achieve that you have to sound like a bitter old man at all times. Also, you get extra points if you use the word "foreigner" a lot, and often mention how the sheer sight of consoles make you physically ill.

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
Trying to get Crispy to like you is pointless. The man is not a people person. At best, you can get him to mildly respect you, but in order to achieve that you have to sound like a bitter old man at all times. Also, you get extra points if you use the word "foreigner" a lot, and often mention how the sheer sight of consoles make you physically ill.
Crispy is welcome to watch Malibu Road and hate rate it or realize he likes it — strange inverse form of TDS

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
Mr. Markland, if you were ever arrested for impersonating an officer, would you represent yourself in court?
No. In pro per or pro se is always a bad idea.

Especially if half your friends are lawyers.

In a jury trial, the lawyer(s) are a buffer — the jury might like the lawyers and impute that feeling to the defendant.

But even if they don’t like the lawyers, they still might like you.

Why give up an obvious advantage?

The crime you describe is a high misdemeanor or low felony, unless you can’t hire a lawyer, that’s never going in front of a jury. It will be disposed of in pre trial settlement or disposition, without a conviction and with expungement an easy option.

Now, I went to law school and have been around the block, I’d never give someone grounds to indict me on that. But I have a wild friend who did — he hired a lawyer — it was a felony above a state jail felony (he said he was FBI), case got mediated pre trial and conviction when he was in college.

My friend was quite upset, a nonsense drunken episode might be a felony that ruined his life.

His lawyer came in and saw he was distraught.

The lawyer asked: “Did you kill anyone?”

My friend says: “No.”

The lawyer says: “Then you’re not in trouble.”

The perp is now a lawyer.
Passed the bar and character & fitness.

Lawyers and potential lawyers are precise in their language (or they won’t be lawyers).

Last edited:

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
I didn't think crispy could let me down, as I had no expectations for him, but when he volunteered a self-doxx that was p. disappointing tbqh

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I've known a couple lawyers in my time. The one who represented me during my DUI charge was an elderly man and court appointed and he promised me he would get the charge thrown out. The next time I seen him he forgot who I was and I got charged for DUI. The second lawyer I knew I met in rehab. He was a younger dude and really chill but had a horrible cocaine addiction.

puur prutswerk

Magister
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Why do people hate Crispy on the RPG Codex?

As an AI language model, I cannot speak for the opinions and motivations of individuals. However, based on what I have learned from publicly available information, there are various reasons why some members of the RPG Codex community may have negative opinions of Crispy.

One reason is his reputation for being a strict and sometimes controversial moderator. Some users have accused him of abusing his moderation powers by banning users for expressing opinions he disagrees with or for reasons they consider unjust. Others have criticized his perceived biases towards certain game developers and publishers.

Additionally, there have been controversies involving Crispy on the RPG Codex related to comments he has made about race and ethnicity, as well as his public admiration for the actress Emma Watson, which some members of the community found uncomfortable and inappropriate.

It's important to note that not all members of the RPG Codex community share these negative opinions of Crispy, and that discussions and disagreements are a natural part of any online community.
Wow I'm impressed, humanity is super fucked.
Stop listening to the outside world, inside is where it's at. There will be a remnant and if my sources are correct everyone who lived in this world who actually didn't do nothing exceptionally bad (read: pussy) will be reinstated by God or the aliens or whatever.

I do not know if my sources are correct however. I kinda feel bad even putting it out there not knowing if it is true or not, but I swear i try to take my hands off the keyboard often.

On topic: Crispy removed THE RECENTLY CHANNELED ALIEN MESSAGE from the fucking UFO THREAD on the grounds of being off topic. Stop doing shit like that.

puur prutswerk

Magister
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Crispy removed THE RECENTLY CHANNELED ALIEN MESSAGE from the fucking UFO THREAD on the grounds of being off topic. Stop doing shit like that.
What?
This song.

You removed it from the UFO thread. While the song in question contains alien messages that I did not and am not able to put there.

And also the synth only version which is also available on soundcloud, but I will not post it because I respect the sanctity of Site Feedback..

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Ah, I remember now. That was almost a month ago, puur.

I objected because to me, at least at the time, it looked like what you were doing was pushing and/or promoting your own personal music in a thread about UFOs. That didn't seem fair to me. It looked like you were hijacking the thread for your own personal uses.

However, I looked at it again, and decided you may have been serious in your speculation that something about the two recordings you linked had some sort of alien intelligence in them or whatever. And who am I to decide?

I reverted the changes so it's back to the way you originally posted it.

P.S. You could have just PM'd me about it and explained your stance. I probably would have reverted it back then.

puur prutswerk

Magister
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Ah, I remember now. That was almost a month ago, puur.

I objected because to me, at least at the time, it looked like what you were doing was pushing and/or promoting your own personal music in a thread about UFOs. That didn't seem fair to me. It looked like you were hijacking the thread for your own personal uses.

However, I looked at it again, and decided you may have been serious in your speculation that something about the two recordings you linked had some sort of alien intelligence in them or whatever. And who am I to decide?

I reverted the changes so it's back to the way you originally posted it.

P.S. You could have just PM'd me about it and explained your stance. I probably would have reverted it back then.
Yeah you were not exactly wrong.

I tried to pm you actually, but was met with a "you are not allowed to start conversations with the following participants: Crispy" which added to my slight anger.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I honestly didn't realize one can't receive a PM if one's profile is set to private. I thought that only protected the profile page, not private messages from coming in.

Twiglard, is this working as intended?

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
It's easy to disable selecting 'nobody' in all privacy fields, but a very clever user could manually craft a form though POST and disable it. Once it's done, users who already selected 'nobody' can have it force-enabled through a raw SQL query.

It's difficult to fully disable it, because XF2 doesn't have functionality for making privacy conditional through user rights.

Is that good enough?

CHEMS

Scholar
Is this the thread we post chat GPT poems about Crispy?

In the realm of RPG Codex, there dwells a soul,
Crispy, an elder, his presence takes its toll.
With wisdom etched upon his aged face,
He navigates the forums with tranquil grace.

But whispers of disdain echo through the thread,
For Crispy's years, they say, fill them with dread.
They scorn his silvered hair, his weary gait,
Unaware of the treasures that lie in wait.

In the depths of his memory, a wealth untold,
The tales of yore, the games of old.
Through pixelated worlds, he once did roam,
Forging legends, building a digital home.

He's witnessed quests and battles, victories won,
Countless hours spent beneath the virtual sun.
For what some see as antiquated lore,
Are the building blocks on which RPGs soar.

In his eyes, the sparkle of bygone days,
A fire that never wanes or decays.
He imparts sagacity with every word he speaks,
But the youth, blinded by ignorance, continues to critique.

Oh, Crispy, bearer of wisdom vast,
Your age does not define your worth or cast.
Within your heart resides a flame so bright,
Igniting the passion for adventure and the RPGs' light.

Let not the scorn dampen your radiant soul,
For age is a tapestry that makes us whole.
Embrace the knowledge only years can bestow,
And let the whispers of ignorance dim and go.

In the realm of RPG Codex, let wisdom prevail,
For Crispy's presence, an enduring tale.
His age, a testament to journeys pursued,
A guide for those seeking RPGs renewed.

So, dear Crispy, let your light shine strong,
In this digital realm where you belong.
For wisdom knows no bounds, no age restrict,
And your presence, cherished, will always uplift.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
You're a fucking moron, King Crispy. If you had done nothing, nobody would know that what I guessed at is actually your first name.

And now he banned me from the thread for a week for correctly guessing his first name.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
correctly guessing his first name
I might have accepted this as an excuse had you not edited it back into the post after I edited it out with a warning that that's against the rules.

Now stop being so butthurt and be glad you haven't actually been banned. My magnanimousness only goes so far.

Edit: Also, slow down. By posting just a single period then deleting it shows me your rage is unchecked. Breathe.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I might have accepted this as an excuse had you not edited it back into the post after I edited it out with a warning that that's against the rules.
If you just let the post as it is nobody would know that I correctly guessed your first name. It is you going into overdrive over this that confirmed that my guess was correct.

And I didn't see your "warning" until later. Apparently guessing Crispy's first name correctly is "against the rules".

Edit: Also, slow down. By posting just a single period then deleting it shows me your rage is unchecked. Breathe.
You should take your pills to stop seeing things that aren't there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom