Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN 2: mask of the betrayer is out now.

Monolith

Prophet
The Walkin' Dude said:
The fort of githyanki is actually one of my most favourite areas. You got a lot of dialog there and the dungeon itself is rather small. You can even "kill" a boss with your words there.
Well, shit is all I can say to that because I had given up before I even got that far.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Burrie, Starwars, thanks for answering. It's great to finally have an influence system that works properly. It probably could go even further but it's a big step forward anyway. Knowing all this I'm definitely going to get MotB.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Could someone comment on non-linearity or the lack of it?
I don't necesseraly mean Fallout style non-linearity (although that'd be nice aswell :D), Im speaking more in terms of Baldurs Gate 2 non-linearity: Are there completly optional areas you dont need to visit if you just stick to the mainquests?

How linear is the mainquests presented? Is it just like huge parts of NWN 2 OC where you felt as if you were railroaded from one checkpoint to the next or is it a bit more open, at least creating the illusion of non-linearity?

Thanks in advance.

burrie

Scholar
I don't necesseraly mean Fallout style non-linearity (although that'd be nice aswell ), Im speaking more in terms of Baldurs Gate 2 non-linearity: Are there completly optional areas you dont need to visit if you just stick to the mainquests?
There is one entire module in the game(with an elaborate quest and storyline) which is completely optional, but the player does have a good reason as to why he'd want to go there.

How linear is the mainquests presented? Is it just like huge parts of NWN 2 OC where you felt as if you were railroaded from one checkpoint to the next or is it a bit more open, at least creating the illusion of non-linearity?
It felt logical to me. Much like PS:T, actually. Following a string of clues to find out more about the curse and a possible way to cure it.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
This sounds really nice, but I don't want to buy NWN 2 since it sucks, no offense. Maybe when it does not cost 70$ anymore here (seriously, 50 EUR).

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Jedi_Learner said:
Vault Dweller said:
You are making an idiot out of yourself. Thought you might want to know that.

And how am I making an idiot out of myself?

The kind of hatred that wasn't justified.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Jedi_Learner said:
Vault Dweller said:
You are making an idiot out of yourself. Thought you might want to know that.

And how am I making an idiot out of myself?
First, visiting developers give us a rare opportunity to discuss things with them, to ask questions and have them answered. You ignored this opportunity and mocked Anthony instead.

You simply attacked him for no reason, finding faults in every sentence. Not sure what it looked like to you, but to everyone else it looked like a lame attempt to be cool. At very least, you should have asked some questions the answers to which could have given you something specific to discuss, i.e. what were the mistakes, how did you fix them, what are the major improvements, etc.

Second, have you played the game? No. So, you have no idea if Anthony is telling the truth or not, but you assume that he's lying because...?

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Because of our famous irrational hatred for all new games and their developers. You'd know that if you read the professional gaming media.*

*Not to be confused with the professional media.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
Vault Dweller said:
You simply attacked him for no reason, finding faults in every sentence. Not sure what it looked like to you, but to everyone else it looked like a lame attempt to be cool.

Lame attempt to be cool? Fucking idiot(s).

Monolith

Prophet
Jasede said:
This sounds really nice, but I don't want to buy NWN 2 since it sucks, no offense. Maybe when it does not cost 70$ anymore here (seriously, 50 EUR).
Actually, just 40 at amazon and much less at ebay. If nobody outbids me then I'll have it for less than 10 Euro.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Jedi_Learner said:
Vault Dweller said:
You simply attacked him for no reason, finding faults in every sentence. Not sure what it looked like to you, but to everyone else it looked like a lame attempt to be cool.

Lame attempt to be cool? Fucking idiot(s).

You have gained 170 cool points

JoKa

Cipher
hey jedi, not to kick you in the groin when you're already on the ground, as that's really not my intention. but i have to say: calm down. i know we're all tired of the hype and PR-doublespeak and are cautious when a dev comes around to talk about his game - but let them say what they want to say and attack them only within close boundaries and with arguments. it's the codex way (as far as i can tell, i've been not that long around) to let them hang them with their own words - if they're full of shit it becomes plain for all to see within a few pages of discussion (see the infamous deadairis....). if they can argue their point - respect ++ (d.gaider, for example)

sorry for the OT, back to MotB, please.

Micmu

Magister
Ok, I got a question:
Can I finish the OC (using the latest patch for it), then later install MoB and continue with existing savegame/party?
By backing up the save files, uninstalling the game, reinstalling it, installing that "magic" patch, canceling it,, installing MoB, restoring the save files ?

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
Aditya said:
@jedi_learner:

Just shut the fuck up you bitter whiny bitch. All the while you have been trolling on all the NWN2 threads saying NOTHING constructing and/or logical but just attacking either the fans or devs in pathetic attempts of scoring "wow points" from codex coz apparently you 10-yr old cunt seem to think codex is only about illogical stupid whining not discussions.

Didnt others kick your butt in other NWN2 thread already? Dont you ever learn that no one is liking you??!

Its clear that you do not like ANYTHING in life in general and you are just filled up with hatred, poison, bitterness and anger. Your life sucks. Just stop posting in these threads if you dont like NWN2 UNLESS you have something constructive and/or logical to say. This thread was going really fine with discussion between devs and fans until your rotten self intervened. We are tired of your incessant annoying whining and we get that you dont like the game! Its understandable that some people wont like the game and criticism is fine but urs is just WHINE WHINE ATTACKS WHINE....
SO JUST STOP THE FUCK UP AND GET LOST.

I just noticed this. I'll go and get my coat then since nobody likes me. :cry:

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I want to give a big thanks to burrie, Trash, Starwars and any others for giving their impressions on the game. When it comes to RPGs, I value the opinions of the guys on the Codex more than anyone else. I'll probably wait for a more formal review on the Codex before making my final decision, but I'm definitely liking what I hear.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
micmu said:
Ok, I got a question:
Can I finish the OC (using the latest patch for it), then later install MoB and continue with existing savegame/party?
By backing up the save files, uninstalling the game, reinstalling it, installing that "magic" patch, canceling it,, installing MoB, restoring the save files ?

Just finish the OC. Is there some specific reason you want to install MotB?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom