Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information You Will Believe a Golden Baby Can Fly: Grimoire on Indiegogo

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Cynic, I'm brofisting you for your sig. If you don't mind, I'm also adopting mine to a similar one so others can see what I'm also playing.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Frayed Knights just wasn't all that interesting with its cartoony style and that webcomic humor. So sorry to say it's true. And yes, believe it or not, graphics and style count otherwise if all I wanted was stats, I'd play an MLB or NFL game.
This.

The mentality is that if it is already released, the price will go down, so everybody waits. Not so with KS. You either support it or you risk it dying AND you also don't get potentially cool stuff like ingame NPCs named after you.
There is no reason not to combine both; you can KS a indie game for 8-10, release it for 15 and then lower the price to 10 after 3 months and perhaps 5 after a year or so... that "everyone waits for lower prices" logic is wrong, each price range reaches for a different audience, from the "early adopters" that are willing to pay extra money for beta/day-one purchases to the people buying your game for almost nothing at a Steam sale.

As thirworldian marketing graduate I was trained to fully understand & respect product life & prices reduction... they are responsible for some unbelivable stuff, like how the game console that sold more in Brazil in 2012 was the... MASTER SYSTEM, oficially available here for ~20 dolars! :lol:

Charles-cgr

OlderBytes
Developer
Project: Eternity
Deuce Traveler I brofisted you because of your sig too. MM FTW.

I agree with Jaesun. It is really too bad this isn't going on in a place where I wouldn't feel like I'm hogging an esteemed competitor's thread to talk about my overpriced clunky game ;) .

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Cynic, I'm brofisting you for your sig. If you don't mind, I'm also adopting mine to a similar one so others can see what I'm also playing.
Why not go all the way and stick one of those animated Mass Effect signature bar things along with posting your 1337 rig specifications?
You're outdated, commie... 1337 rig specifications requires you to have a rig, nowadays people just post their achievment points on Xbawks Live...

Cynic

Arcane

It's fine, just remember - you imitate that which is greater than yourself.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I do not have Mod powers here

thank God

As for Frayed Knights, I remember it was not only overpriced, but its full cost was not even visible on the site. When buying, you'd suddenly get greeted by SURPRISE VAT RAPE that took the price even further up. That's just bad psychologically speaking - you see all these dorra you have to pay and once you are finally like 'HNNNGGGGG OK I'LL DO IT', you see you need to give even more dorra, which leaves you 'OH ACTUALLY YOU KNOW WHAT FUCK YOU:keepmymoney:"

Dorateen

Arcane
I thought KotC was worth the asking price, as were the other indie titles I've purchased. The demographic these games are targeting should be working adults anyway.

That's the business/marketing problem with these indie developers. Not enough dwarves in the world.

Harumph!

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
I thought KotC was worth the asking price, as were the other indie titles I've purchased. The demographic these games are targeting should be working adults anyway.

That's the business/marketing problem with these indie developers. Not enough dwarves in the world.

Harumph!
KotC was indeed worth the price. And it has a demo which is also a prerequisite when selling an indie game. But now, KotC is getting old. And people who were ready to pay full price already have bought it. Now to make some real money, the only sensible thing to do is to sell it on a fairly mundane support like steam or gog and with a very low price (like 10 bucks). History proves it's were the money is easily made.

Johannes

Arcane

Harumph!
It's not really about what you deem its worth to be, but how low the threshold to buy the game is for someone who just stumbles upon it.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
You could put a Beta build(even a old one) link to download. It works wonders for the FTL kickstarter, could be good to you.

DashiDMV

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Like 1 or 2 dungeons with limited character options. That shouldn't be so bad. Give people a taste and hopefully get the pledges going.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
You could put a Beta build(even a old one) link to download. It works wonders for the FTL kickstarter, could be good to you.

Thinking about it but don't want to spoil the finished game for people.

Modify it so that they can only play in the first few levels, or something.

Seriously contemplating this. It was the purpose of the original beta back when dinosaurs roamed the earth. Just to give people a look at the first area.

I think nowadays I would have to be able to install the real version over top of it and use the existing savegame to continue. Anything else seems like you'd be spoiling it for the player. This was the original purpose of the "shareware." (Remember shareware?)

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Like 1 or 2 dungeons with limited character options. That shouldn't be so bad. Give people a taste and hopefully get the pledges going.

Of course, time spent preparing this limited version as a secondary build is also time away from completing the game in May 2013.

I see more likely that certain individuals like Codexians of Great Justice will be given an advance copy to review.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Even if you give it to a select few Codexers, I'll be happy as I trust the opinions of (most) people on this site. I still want to donate to your Indiegogo site come Christmas time as I always feel more confident about this game after having some of the beta testers step forward and vouch for its quality.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom