Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So, how to win that Bald Hilltop fight with a lot of fuckers spamming fear and immobilizing my party?

Freedom of movement has been mentioned, but I think if you rank up high priest you'll eventually make a decision about selecting a patron God of some kind, I selected Cayden Cailean the drunk.

If you complete the related project, you will get immunity to fear on your territory.
Level 1 bards also get a spell that makes you practically immune to fear for caster level amount of rounds.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Kingmaker is full of "typical cliches and tropes," but it's unpretentious.

It's not what I meant - more like I mean typical game in general, emasculated game crated created by patterns / checkbox design, mediocre in everything.
And Kingmaker not like that at all - it has new mechanis for RPG, new writing - because what is typical/mediocre writing we can see on example of PoE/Numazuma, and everything that is i the game is above mediocre level. And bugs too, yes.

The codex will never admit it because of strong anti-obsidian sentiments.

I thought Codex loves Obsidian... You know, all these games - Fallout, NVN2 KOTOR2 NewVegas...
:hmmm:

I finally started playing this. The character creation alone is worth the full price. :obviously:

Rolled an Inquisitor first, looked "Too Gestapo". Playing a Sword Saint with estoque now, so far most fun I had with any vidya for months.

:incline:

Elex

Arbiter
In the City House on the Edge of Forever Time does the mist always teleport you into the other reality or does it sometimes just teleport you to a different map or different part of the map?
both.

but you actually need to use the mist only for teleport to other reality.

so keep the lantern up, use the mist requip the lamp and explore the same level again.

I hope it's not bugged for you.

Elex

Arbiter
It's not what I meant - more like I mean typical game in general, emasculated game crated created by patterns / checkbox design, mediocre in everything.
And Kingmaker not like that at all - it has new mechanis for RPG, new writing - because what is typical/mediocre writing we can see on example of PoE/Numazuma, and everything that is i the game is above mediocre level. And bugs too, yes.

I thought Codex loves Obsidian... You know, all these games - Fallout, NVN2 KOTOR2 NewVegas...
:hmmm:
pathfinder kingmaker have new mechanics?

cw8

Cipher
s2c783Z.jpg

nice weather for a picnic.

Sure is:
o73ig6.jpg

Sykar

Arcane
Bought it after much deliberation but I really want to play something new at the moment and 32 bucks is not really much anyway. Installing will take up to two days probably, if my shitty Wifi connection is even more unstable than usual it might take three days nonstop DLing.

:x

Sharpedge

Prophet
Somehow a town from my first playthrough managed to magic its way into the stolen lands in my current playthrough, I have not killed the stag lord and yet this town is here:
unknown.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Anyone else thinking that wizard is pretty useless as damage dealer later on? Octavia is constantly missing and doing almost no damage at all....she is at 30 int. The best magic damage dealer is Tristian for me. I am not talking about buffs and debuffs here,pure damage.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Ravenous queen exploded before doing anything. That was... disappointing.

Secret lich was a bit harder, but with Nok-Nok everything takes seconds. Doesn't feel right, this high level insta-kill combat.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Somehow a town from my first playthrough managed to magic its way into the stolen lands in my current playthrough, I have not killed the stag lord and yet this town is here:
unknown.png
Can you enter it? Also always put your towns next to water,it gives bonus buildings and thus bonus points.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Anyone else thinking that wizard is pretty useless as damage dealer later on? Octavia is constantly missing and doing almost no damage at all....she is at 30 int. The best magic damage dealer is Tristian for me. I am not talking about buffs and debuffs here,pure damage.
Sirocco

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

Not really.

Midget magic smuggler gave me Empowered + Maximized masterpiece rod before pitax. Chain lightnings etc. are pretty amazing with it.

But with Bugfinder sneak attack mechanics, there's no reason to go pure wizard when you have arcane trickster. Level 10 sneak attack gimmick sounds insane.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Into Sirocco they go. Disintegrate and Finger of Death can work too.
Have no idea what sirocco is. As for the other two,yeah i know about them. Still doesn't change the fact that all the elementals i have invested a lot of feats are useless. That is poor design for certainty,it makes wizards useless. I build her to be a firewizard and now she is useless,even the magic missiles miss :roll:.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Into Sirocco they go. Disintegrate and Finger of Death can work too.
Have no idea what sirocco is. As for the other two,yeah i know about them. Still doesn't change the fact that all the elementals i have invested a lot of feats are useless. That is poor design for certainty,it makes wizards useless. I build her to be a firewizard and now she is useless,even the magic missiles miss :roll:.
What kind of "late game firewizard" doesn't have Sirocco?
http://legacy.aonprd.com/advancedPlayersGuide/spells/sirocco.html
Get this spell immediately and you'll stop complaining about Wizards being "useless."

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Not really.

Midget magic smuggler gave me Empowered + Maximized masterpiece rod before pitax. Chain lightnings etc. are pretty amazing with it.

But with Bugfinder sneak attack mechanics, there's no reason to go pure wizard when you have arcane trickster. Level 10 sneak attack gimmick sounds insane.
Not the point i am making,i know how to chease around it and make a op character,the other 5 are doing just fine. It is just disappointing that wizards are useless as damage dealers. BG1&2 are a lot more fun with mages. The only way they could be fun is by playing on the lowest enemy stats,that way they could actually hit and some damage. Being able to miss with a fireball to the face is retarded concept.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom