Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Parabalus

Arcane
Hexes are the new goblins.
Fuggen bullshit.

With around 60ish resolve Bros seems to have pretty high resistance to charm though, would be interested in the exact formula.

Not sure how to best deal with them though, since they have high initiative + charmed bodyguards (and chug night owl potions) you can't really gun them reliably before they act.

If they charm just one of your melee bros heads can easily fly + they block your archers.

SmartCheetah

Arcane
I had no problem with Hexe + Unhold with my level 3-4 bros on day 30 I think?
Fought the alps for the first time today, ambushed by them. The weakest part of the expansion, definitely. They are "hard" to kill (is difficult to reach them), but also it's very hard to die from them. It's an exercise in tedium, and there doesn't seem to be a way to "speed up" or improve the killing process.
Alps... They are tedious, yeah - but if you want those battles over very quickly just run 5-6 dogs with your brothers. It gets easier and ends much faster.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
So I bit 5 of them with all my brothers armed with shields and fists(plus one armored stick) and two archers.
Still bullshit and I get random amount of hexes on this fight- from 4 to 8. Dunno what about it.
Dunno about resolve resists as they pretty reliably charmed my almost 100 resolve monk and I see little difference between low and average resolve brothers. Still it was only one fight and I regret getting rid of all this sticks and not buying dogs.

Overall very mixed about this DLC.
Not only about Hexes. I didn't meet them so I don't really care about them- until this point.

Anyway some general things.
>medium and light armor is rarely useful, you either go for heavy battle forged brothers or no armor HP nimble tanks.
It really feel like a waste and immersion breaking. They add all this medium&armors and helmets and I don't even think they are worth buying even if some looks cool.
>try out option is just a wasted opportunity - even lower than Veteran hall, both pretty irrelevant to be honest
>map generation is really even more important than before and on same retarded level
I really wish for some hand made maps or even map editor so people can make and share their own made maps
>most monsters that I fight were pretty good outside hexes, didn't meet kraken yet
On the other hand crafting feel like bullshit. Prices are kind of wonky and crafted items sell for pennies.
>attachments are nice but pricey
Attachments the one you can buy in shops are too pricey to be honest and the same goes for all stuff you buy in shops.
Outside some early cloth armors or 2nd hand mail and shields spears and literally buy only food, supplies and medicines with some one use items. That is all.
Whole economy is just plain bad. All my weapons and armors come from looting enemy and that also works terrible.

DLC add some new content and that is nice. Balance is little shit right now - more in economy and perks that actual fighting.
But things that was bad still are bad and its not look like they are even will to fix them.
Dunno what I expected but I am already tired with all this shit.

I will also add that new Nimble is extremely cheap to run - not only no need for costly armor but you don't sheed tools like crazy.

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
is hedge knights and master archers sporting uniques still a thing in this build or should I stop my savescumming efforts at 3949th try?

Parabalus

Arcane
Fought the alps for the first time today, ambushed by them. The weakest part of the expansion, definitely. They are "hard" to kill (is difficult to reach them), but also it's very hard to die from them. It's an exercise in tedium, and there doesn't seem to be a way to "speed up" or improve the killing process.
Alps... They are tedious, yeah - but if you want those battles over very quickly just run 5-6 dogs with your brothers. It gets easier and ends much faster.

It gets much harder with more Hexes, try 5 Hexes or 3 Hexa + 12 Wolves.

is hedge knights and master archers sporting uniques still a thing in this build or should I stop my savescumming efforts at 3949th try?

They removed savescumming for stuff, restarting a fight gives the same enemy gear composition.

hivemind

savescumming that hard is as autistic as ironmeme tho

btw do direwovles mantle's stack? like if two adjacent lads are both wearing them will someone facing them both get a -10 on their resolve?

hivemind

also I'm having a considerably harder time unironically calling this game garbage when I have been practically glued to it for the past 3 days, fuuark lads

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
thinking.png
What if next DLC/expansion would have a system where your bros could a have practice matches in towns with practice halls with wooden weapons.
Change to be hit unconsious, low change for broken bones; perhaps even death if really unlucky.
Those places could have tourneys or gladiatorial fights for experienced bros to show off.

Murk

Arcane
thinking.png
What if next DLC/expansion would have a system where your bros could a have practice matches in towns with practice halls with wooden weapons.
Change to be hit unconsious, low change for broken bones; perhaps even death if really unlucky.
Those places could have tourneys or gladiatorial fights for experienced bros to show off.

You'd have to be careful with this, it would have to be for very minor gains and have some kind of limiting factor I think. Games like Fire Emblem typically have an Arena and it is the easiest way to cheese/break the game by overleveling your characters.

If they had a chance to be exhausted and so couldn't participate, and losing = just injuries but no death, then I guess that's fine. There are already events for fighting (dogs, brawlers, archery competition, knight tournaments), could try to flesh that out a bit where it's an actual thing you participate in rather than just RNG bet.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, the devs gave any update on what they're up to? I really hope to hear from them regarding either a brand new project or if they're going to make another dlc.
It's a good question. It also does seem like the DLC was a success, judging by the number of people playing the game since the release and its reception of course. That would mean that more BB content is a good possibility.
Maybe rapsdjff would like to offer a vague comment on the subject?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
So, the devs gave any update on what they're up to? I really hope to hear from them regarding either a brand new project or if they're going to make another dlc.
It's a good question. It also does seem like the DLC was a success, judging by the number of people playing the game since the release and its reception of course. That would mean that more BB content is a good possibility.
It could also be "flash in the pan"; where they only sold for a limited number of hardcore fans and not much else.:M

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
It could also be "flash in the pan"; where they only sold for a limited number of hardcore fans and not much else.:M
But it was actually in the top 5-6 globally sold for a day or something. Not a small thing for a DLC of a niche turn-based tactical game.
At least my feeling is that it did pretty well..!

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
There are so many things they can do with it... Personally my top priority would be to make human factions more "juicy".
That or even better, make all enemy groups etc persistent - so if I injure some guys and meet the same group later, they'll have injuries etc.
The most amazing part would be to actually have 3-4 persistent mercenary bands other than the player controlled one who will be able to do the same things you do. Would make the whole game so much more alive and interesting

vazha

Arcane

It gets much harder with more Hexes, try 5 Hexes or 3 Hexa + 12 Wolves.

They removed savescumming for stuff, restarting a fight gives the same enemy gear composition.
So whats the point in fighting mid-lategame raider groups then? (the roaming ones)

Unwanted

Soulstones

Unwanted
The results speak for themselves.
I dont know what kind of strawman you are fighting but its semi entertaining. Winner: me, from the get go.

Here is what happened to your strawman though:
Hand
m951Z7b.png

Lars, the expensive gaylord
Hktongm.png

Now Lars got lucky on the offensive rolls, and on game reload he seems to have gained stars in fatigue hence the 20 points diff but otherwise he would have been so close to the hand as to be explained away by variance, my friend. The only thing tier 3s have going for them is the ranged off.

My disagreement is with the idea that, say, a Sellsword or Hedge Knight are not objectively better than any (and I mean any) tier 1 recruit.
You see, I dont have so much adoration for this game that I would actually try 66 recruits to collect all the dragonballs but ANY is delusion. In before only cripples are tier 1. Objective winner: me.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
But it was actually in the top 5-6 globally sold for a day or something. Not a small thing for a DLC of a niche turn-based tactical game.
At least my feeling is that it did pretty well..!
Yeah, these indirect numbers that we have seen have seen have been pretty good so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom