Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Started Heroes Chronicles: Clash of Dragons.
Just completed the second map, where the objective is to get the Vial of Dragon's Blood, but the bloody thing ended after I captured Red's castle and his second hero suicded against its walls. :argh:

So checking with a YouTube LP I there was actually a Vial on the map and I didn't free Valita from the prison..

jRup1Qt.jpg

Octavius is not amused.
I'm gonna be pissed of if I need Lolita Valita to actually complete this campaign...

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Started Thief Gold today - I hope there is a good reason for me to bear the game's seeming clunkiness and terrifying visuals.

No. Fuck off. You don't deserve this
So you're arrogant and prideful and think so high about yourself just because you played certain games back in the day which someone didn't? Look I'm sorry (actually not) that my innocuos and absolutely fair remark about Thief looking hideous in the year 2019 hurt feelings of a grave and bitter old fart with a mind and emotional development level of a 15 years old youngster. I don't mind ugly graphics and clunkiness (otherwise I would've discarded Thief the very instant I saw screenshots from it), but like with any old game, there must be something of absolute gaming value within it that makes it worth to be played today and that would compel one to choose exactly that one game and not its modern counterparts and not other games (and If we're speaking about games in general, there must be something that would draw player's interest and make him curious to familiarise himself with that specific game, whatever the reason it may be).

And I read someone saying that people here on Codex *are* able to take criticism about their precious old games - what criticism mind you, if it is so painful for them to hear tiny negligible remarks not even dealing with the actual quality of a game. :roll:

Last edited:

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Xenoblade Chronicles X on botw emulator still has some issues but I've already spent 30h with it, debuff/attack cycle seems to work well enough on enemies your level which is what you'll find during story missions, lots of classes, skills and equipment to try tought I don't know how shallow or profound it is yet.
Exploration is better than in twitcher it has purpose tied to the storyline you don't get waypoints for chests and when you find them you mash A for 3s and what you get is always useful, while the sense of scale can be overwhelming sometimes and feel unnecessary the game does a good enough job at keeping your missions accessible early on where regions are more human friendly and you don't feel much need of a vehicle.

Will play again/10

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
And I read someone saying that people here on Codex *are* able to take criticism about their precious old games - what criticism mind you, if it is so painful for them to hear tiny negligible remarks not even dealing with the actual quality of a game. :roll:

Some of us are.

But not all.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Red dead redemption 2. I quite like both the online and story modes, though i hope they add in additional features in online soon, like new missions, or gambling.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I just finished Nier: Automata.

Never played a game where the end credits were the final boss before.

Next up I've got three RPGs on my plate. Two of them are games I first tried and dropped shortly after release, and am giving another chance to. One is Twitcher 3, now with all the patches and DLC, and the other is Dragon's Dogma. I'm also starting on Atelier Sophie, my first Atelier game. I haven't gotten far enough to form an opinion but the girls are cute.

On the fighting game front, I'm working through the Blazblue games' story modes, nearing the end of Continuum Shift now. Online I've been playing Soulcalibur 6 still, 2B has brought more players into the game but whether she will ultimately be good or bad for it remains to be seen.

The Decline

Arcane
Finished Hollow Knight and started to play The Surge. It really is a poor man's Souls clone, but until From makes a sci-fi Souls this will have to do.

SpoilVictor

Educated
Grabbed Sky Force Anniversary on Steam Sale.

Some nostalgia trip to SWIV on Amiga. For now seems really nice, even with modern/mobile "enchantments" (collecting Stars to buy upgrades, kind of grind: get stronger to beat levels). Still I have fun blowing shit up. Best value for 1$ for a very long time.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Finished Vampyr aka Vampire:The Hipstering an action rpg by the makers of Life is Strange.From a technical standpoint the game is ok,nothing bad but nothing great either,it's obvious this game wasn't made by a AAA studio.Story and characters are again ok,serviceable although the main romance was less interesting than the one in VtM:Redemption,there are obvious sjw influences here with the developers packing as many non white characters as possible in here,way too many for an 1918 London .Gameplay is also just ok,nothing to give anyone a boner methinks.The main innovation the game has to offer is the whole npc-district influence thing where if you kill/suck the blood of npcs in a district for fun and profit(xp) then the district goes down the toilet.All in all just ok,recommended only for a sale if you are hungry for a vampire game and you are too bored for another Bloodlines run

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I tried ATOM and the first area bored me so much I had to switch off the BGM and just play youtube music over it.

uhC1Tur.png

I do hope it gets better. I also play with random people in Dawn of War Soulstorm. Should really pick it up on sale, it's one of those unique RTS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom