Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
women should look average in videogames!
meanwhile, every male looks like this:
PItT9bc.png
I approve. Looking at fit men in movies and games actually motivates me to exercise. Weird huh, maybe I should be feeling offended instead, like the fatty schoolgirls do when they see a camera close up on a tight female ass?
Yeah,watching manly stuff increases the testosterone levels in men. I too prefer manly characters over some bitch slapped losers.

Sannom

Augur
So apparently this chick is another companion in the roster. So far out of six we have 3 strong women and one generic guy. Cant wait to see the other two
Well, Obsidian's last game with six companions, Tyranny, had 4 ladies out of the 6, so there is a precedent.

Quillon

Arcane
Only 2 ladies and 1 dude confirmed tho what's the problem? Hope the ladies outnumber the dudes in the roster, base PoE was so much fun with a bird lady, a mother and a wannabe mother out of 8 companions, right :D

MCA denied us the fiery hot Cadegund :negative:

/also a nun-human comp. pretty much confirmed

Last edited:

Terenty

Liturgist
Theres a black girl with red hair hanging out in your ship in the gameplay video, short haired dyke and this new one. So thats three. One guy we know and two more left.

Quillon

Arcane
Theres a black girl with red hair hanging out in your ship in the gameplay video, short haired dyke and this new one. So thats three. One guy we know and two more left.

We don't know if she's a companion, maybe she's just crew, Nyoka was her name.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Time to rename this thread to "Outer Dykes" it seems.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It’s probably been discussed to death, but I don’t mind that the game is 15-40 hours. It worked for many rpgs before. I don’t see why it would be a problem here.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
[Editor's Note: Private Division followed up after our publication of this article to correct their earlier statement, clarifying that The Outer Worlds will indeed come to physical retail on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, but will be digital-only on PC.

muhahahahahaha

Deleted Member 16721

It’s probably been discussed to death, but I don’t mind that the game is 15-40 hours. It worked for many rpgs before. I don’t see why it would be a problem here.

Agreed, especially if it will be hub-based like Vampire Bloodlines and have a lot of replayability too.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
[Editor's Note: Private Division followed up after our publication of this article to correct their earlier statement, clarifying that The Outer Worlds will indeed come to physical retail on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, but will be digital-only on PC.

muhahahahahaha
No surprises here, PC retail is dead in North America and in Europe you'd just get a Steam-DRM game that will need extensive patching anyway.

jf8350143

Liturgist
I think 30 to 50 hours(with a 15 to 20 hour major story line) is a reasonable length for a RPG, shorter than 30 might be a little unsatisfying, while longer than 50 the game feels drag on.

Ivan

Arcane

She looks like she's your ship's cook or something.

Tron, wasn't this the old gameplay video they released a good while ago, the same one they mention in the rapid fire interview with people in the comments calling out how bad the commentary track is?

Wunderbar

Arcane

She looks like she's your ship's cook or something.

Tron, wasn't this the old gameplay video they released a good while ago, the same one they mention in the rapid fire interview with people in the comments calling out how bad the commentary track is?

infinitron just pointed out that black girl is your ship's cook.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom