Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh wow Obsidian would 1000% have gotten this if they hadn't screwed up Paradox relationship with Tyranny funds

Hardsuit was signed to do this game before Tyranny was released, I'm pretty sure.

Reinhardt

Arcane
This time batshit insane hot girl will have a dick.
And you will have to suck it in order to progress game.
First you will see her cute animu userpic in Tender app and only then you will meet xir in real world. One of the many bad ends.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
After 20 pages of mocking shit i ended with the conclusion that the game will be shit and i will just replay the old ones on release. I also watched the trailer and all the NPCs looked like the hipster faggot type. The great thing about bloodlines was how they decided to ditch real world shit and just focus on the dark side of it.

Delterius

Arcane
At least VV has purple hair so she's a good fit.
pink and im disappointed at you, son

latest

Egosphere

Arcane
Bloodlines 2 has been announced and I still don't feel hyped. Am I undead or do others feel the same?

It's being made by people whose brains have been marinating in queer theory and intersectional victimhood for the last decade. How captivating can the characters and the quests be? Literally everything that made Bloodlines, well, Bloodlines is no longer politically correct. Portrayal of mental problems among the homeless, women trading sex for power, ethnic tension with the Chinese, crazy Malkavians, ugly Nosferatu on the fringes of society, low humanity dialogue options mocking the downtrodden, copious quantity of stereotypes etc.

GrainWetski

Arcane
Can you play as a Malkavian?
“It’s fifteen years later and things have changed,” Mitsoda said. “We have to be very sensitive about how we handle things like mental illness and that was a concern for us and for Paradox, in how we can make a mature story but if we do anything, we do our homework and make sure that we are punching up and not punching down.”

This garbage will be a mess of virtue signalling.

Egosphere

Arcane
Can you play as a Malkavian?
“It’s fifteen years later and things have changed,” Mitsoda said. “We have to be very sensitive about how we handle things like mental illness and that was a concern for us and for Paradox, in how we can make a mature story but if we do anything, we do our homework and make sure that we are punching up and not punching down.”

This garbage will be a mess of virtue signalling.
Which Mitsoda said that? Actually, don't answer. We already know. :negative:

Dexter

Arcane
She also said that they’re trying to broaden Bloodlines 2 from the more masculine power fantasy of the original, so that it appeals to way more people this time.

Bloodlines was shit - Cara Ellison
rating_citation.png

From Kotaku: http://archive.is/brWfk
The World of Darkness can be fraught at times. The original game traded in careless depictions of sex work and some tired writing about mental illnesses like disassociative identity disorder. You could play as a member of the mentally-addled but prophecy-gifted Malkavian clan, with altered dialogue that, while humorous, danced a fine line in terms of taste. There was even some racial stereotyping for good measure. Meanwhile, White Wolf’s management of the World of Darkness setting has not been without controversy. Last November, the Paradox subsidiary drew criticism for using the real-life persecution and murder of Chechnya’s LGBTQA population as a plot-point in the setting’s vampiric politicking. Paradox fully integrated White Wolf after this incident. When asked about their approach to the setting, the team outlined how they wanted to handle the World of Darkness in 2019.

“It was very of its time,” Ellison said of the first game. “It approached certain topics differently. How we look at stuff has matured since then.”

“We talk about these issues constantly,” Ellison added. “Because we care about including people, we want them to feel powerful and sexy, and we don’t want them to feel like it’s not for them.”

I’m cautiously optimistic about Bloodlines 2. The gameplay’s emphasis on exploration and Hardsuit’s goal of building a vibrant Seattle are compelling. The team’s willingness to talk about the first game’s stumbles was good to see. And it’s exciting to have a Vampire game that appears to play well. It could be the expansive vampire RPG that players have craved for over a decade, even if they’ll have to wait until 2020 to play it. There’s challenges to the World of Darkness setting and plenty of baggage from the first game, but also a lot of potential for engrossing stories. Also, I might get to smooch a vampire. Or at least use my Seduction skill from time to time.

“We have lots of conversations about who is everyone’s ship,” Ellison said.

From RPS: https://archive.fo/sQ2rw
“I often look at like, how would someone feel sexy in this situation?” she explained, and said that there are definitely characters in there that will be shipped like mad. “Everyone in the studio is like ‘Yeah I would definitely go for that one. He’s my bae,’ kind of stuff. They’re often very unusual choices.”

She also said that they’re trying to broaden Bloodlines 2 from the more masculine power fantasy of the original, so that it appeals to way more people this time.

At least they admit why they're shilling for it that strongly:
Disclaimer: Cara Ellison wrote things for us years ago, and has been known to make Alice O’Connor, our news editor, cups of tea (they’re flatmates).

jf8350143

Liturgist
Oh wow Obsidian would 1000% have gotten this if they hadn't screwed up Paradox relationship with Tyranny funds
I doubt that's the case, according to the interview they started working on this back to 2016, where Tyranny is almost complete at that moment.

Duraframe300

Arcane
It’s fifteen years later and things have changed,” Mitsoda said. “We have to be very sensitive about how we handle things like mental illness and that was a concern for us and for Paradox, in how we can make a mature story but if we do anything, we do our homework and make sure that we are punching up and not punching down.”

“We talk about these issues constantly,” Ellison added. “Because we care about including people, we want them to feel powerful and sexy, and we don’t want them to feel like it’s not for them.”

:prosper:

Turbo normie

Scholar
Can't wait to fight the patriarchy with my powerful night creature, because within the Masquerade, with such political tensions in the underground world... My first concern as a vampire is to be sure that faggots in Islam aren't stoned anymore.

juNoDxT.png

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I told you we are going to play as thin-bloods as a representation of the oppressed minority! It was so obvious. It looks nothing like Bloodlines, it looks like Vampyr in first-person. The trailer misses the point so much, VtM isn't about drowning the world in blood, it's about you being drowned in blood.

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I never really cared for any of the whitewolf properties, so I never even bothered playing Bloodlines. Vampire going down the SJW rabbit hole isn't exactly a huge leap to me, although I expect the paradox DLC death crush to be way more disruptive to the RPG experience than anything else. I guess if I ever do hanker to play a bloodsucker game the good one is still out there untainted for me.

Prime Junta

If it offends nobody, it's not a VtM game.

It looks very much like Mitsoda & co are dead set on not offending anybody.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom