Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

razvedchiki

Erudite
valerie is good as she is,buff her with belts/heroism etc and she will be ok.

frajaq

Erudite
Thanks for all the help earlier, just one more question: at which difficulty do you ACTUALLY need to worry about optimizing your party? My first run of this game I want to be kinda chill and just enjoy how the story unfolds, and then worry about hardcore stuff in a future run

Yosharian

Arcane
Thanks for all the help earlier, just one more question: at which difficulty do you ACTUALLY need to worry about optimizing your party? My first run of this game I want to be kinda chill and just enjoy how the story unfolds, and then worry about hardcore stuff in a future run
You should run at the difficulty below Challenging, if you have some knowledge of D&D. Maybe it's called Normal? Can't remember

panda

Savant
Does the Bloodhound's damage stacking work for you guys?
Not sure, maybe i'm missing something obvious, but dmg rolls logs in my game stay the same even for consecutive hits.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

I think at Challenging you still don't NEED to optimize much. Of course, with some optimizing it would be smoother sailing. Hard and above, I'd say some degree of optimization is very advised (definitely not necessary to absolutely min-max on Hard though - probably needed for Unfair).
If you want to play it safe, simply pick Normal.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I played on challenging and didn't use custom companions, didn't even multi-class anyone except Valerie to stalwart defender, just played normally doing whatever. The first act can be rough at times but it gets easier after that. There were some difficult encounters after that but nothing you can't solve by resting and using different spells or tactics.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Hotfix:

Hotfix 1.3.1 – April 3rd, 2019

Please, be aware of plot spoilers in the description below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!

Areas
  • Improved area transitions in Pitax.

Quests
  • A dialogue bug used to make it impossible to complete Kimo Tavon's quest "Affairs of the Heart". Resolution: fixed.

Classes & Mechanics
  • The Tactical Acumen ability of the Tactical Leader (Inquisitor Archetype) did not work. Resolution: fixed.

• Even after getting to level 12, Tactical Leader's Swift Tactician ability would still take a standard action to use. Resolution: fixed.

Items
  • Bonuses from Professor's Hat weren't attributed to it. Resolution: fixed.

User Interfaces
  • In the trade window, the "Non-magical" and "Masterwork" checkboxes didn't work - the "Offer" button wouldn't offer to sell said types of items. Resolution: fixed.
  • Starting character creation, then returning to the pregen selection, and proceeding to the creation again would result in a character missing their starting equipment. Resolution: fixed.
  • When levelling up, different spells could start overlapping. Resolution: fixed.

Misc
  • When entering the Global Map from the throne room, the party would consist of all characters that were picked the previous time, even if the player actually changed the party roster. Resolution: fixed.
  • Recruiting companions while the main character is the last in party order could lead to a crash. Resolution: fixed.

A friendly reminder: while we deeply admire the contribution that mod authors make to our game, we would like you to remember that running custom modifications can lead to unexpected bugs and crashes. Unfortunately, if you encounter any issues while playing with mods, our team will not be able to help you. If this happens, please, report these issues to the mod's original creator. Also, remember that after each game update, there is a high probability of previously installed mods not functioning properly. If you wish to play with mods anyway, disabling auto-updates might prevent your save files from becoming corrupted.

How does the difficulty of Varnhold’s Lot compare to the base game? I’m near the end of chapter 2 and finding the game pretty cakewalky on challenging. Wondering if I should up it for the DLC or if it actually is significantly harder as the release notes imply.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I noticed something new. Probably came with 1.3. All villages now have a priest inside that sells priest scrolls and components like diamonds.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I'm at level 8 and found a dragon named Crag Linnorm in a cave and after buffing my party with a ridiculous amount of buffs, I easily defeated him... sorta... kinda. He just rolled over on his back and layed there in a coma healing himself 10 points every few seconds but never rising while my party continued to beat the shit out of him. His color remained red-outlined as if he was still alive. Since the game wouldn't recognize him as dead, I couldn't leave the cave and had to reload. Anyone else experience this? I'm assuming it's a big-ass bug. It sucks because I let out a loud cheer (i mean, he's a fucking dragon!) when he fell thinking he was dead.

jRpVqSs.jpg

Terra

Cipher
You need a Cold Iron weapon to remove a Crag Linnorm's regeneration effect (other stuff can take it off too) otherwise it won't die.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
You need a Cold Iron weapon to remove a Crag Linnorm's regeneration effect (other stuff can take it off too) otherwise it won't die.

Hmm. I tried acid and fire and that didn't work. Hey, it works for trolls (the normal ones) so I figured 'why not dragons?' I ran an Inspect on him but got no useful data. Sometimes it's just hard to figure out these things.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
How does the difficulty of Varnhold’s Lot compare to the base game? I’m near the end of chapter 2 and finding the game pretty cakewalky on challenging. Wondering if I should up it for the DLC or if it actually is significantly harder as the release notes imply.

Varnhold’s Lot is pretty merciless for 5-9 lvl campaign but in the same time it has 4 characters to make (3 other are mercs bit later into story) and allows some serious power building.
Also, my impression that difference between Challenging > Hard is more prominent than for Normal > Challenging.

Still, DLC campaign is doable on Hard, when you are prepared for "homicidal GM in bad mood" design approach.

Hmm. I tried acid and fire and that didn't work. Hey, it works for trolls (the normal ones) so I figured 'why not dragons?' I ran an Inspect on him but got no useful data. Sometimes it's just hard to figure out these things.
There is loading screen hint about them. I was always dragging around my first +1 Cold Iron knife in weapon slot on MC after reading it.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
No way to find out. ~30-40 should be enough but all skill DC upped by difficulty sliders. Inq-Jaethal is worked for me with skill in this range on Hard&Unfair, but all my party has points in Perception.
EDIT: you need to look for Tomb manually anyway, projects only reduce DC, but I never waste time on them.

Last edited:

Ruchy

Scholar
Also makes sure to give her the new pet cat that dropped in a recent update for +2 to perception.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom