Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Now, having found out how to check info on modals, the medium shield modal gives a flat, no questions asked, 30% resist (meaning: complete ignore) to all melee attacks. Holy shit. That's better than 30 deflection! Maybe, I am reading it wrong but it certainly looks this way.

It does indeed work that way, and it also applies to a lot more than just melee attacks. Natural ranged attacks from monsters like wurms, for example. Don't know if this is a new bug or if it was just never fixed.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Oh shit. Still, standing in melee with 8 Con would be tough for me. But I guess with some Pally in there, or something to boost survival would be nasty.
Its tough to look up all those bonus stats on chargen. I actually looked at Streetfighta and havent seen those Sneak and Speed boni. For me, it only showed +30% to crit dmg. Gotta doublecheck.

With the above blunderbuss dual wield streetfighter/barserker combo you can go with low Con cause you are not necessarily fight in frontline. Also easier to trigger bloodied with low con.

Eh, that's a bit too much "On the Edge" for my taste.
Berserker Rage will continuously damage you and the damage will scale with Might. Plus now you're debuffing both Perception (Powder Burns) and Intellect (Berserker Rage).

I definitely prefer to multi a Streetfighter with a Helwalker Monk. Still takes more damage from attacks, can use Mortification to self-damage, but won't kill himself without you even noticing.
Duality: Int will make BB aoe-s large and effect durations long. Dual BB Stunning Surge is pretty awesome. Extreme Helwalker Might helps in the damage department. Dance of Death ups Accuracy.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
So, anyone figured out a perfect combo of god challenges to play with? I'm thinking about doing a news run, but doing a ful challenge combo seems like too much cancer.

RaptorRex888

Learned
Is Maia's quest still bugged? Do the assassinations occur even if you sabotage the agents? Is the only way to stop it to ignore it completely?

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

Gosh very little to do and share before sailing off to Ukaizo as it was just Orange tying up incompleted quests right? So that was it and selling lots of junk and just cleaning out the stash. During the adventure Orange had not found one single unique pike which was the same problem from Pillars of Eternity for a long part of the story and with Ukaizo a sail away Orange needed one. Finding an equipment guide it seemed not an easy task to simply fall into while out and about rather than trying to follow a walkthrough Orange just plays naturally based on her choices and what she comes across. A ship was the target which was a quest Orange opted not to even receive so that ship was still there for Orange to attack. Then Orange finished up the Splintered Reef because it was difficult the first time she found it and she gathered her party before venturing forth to Ukaizo!

- exploring the Splintered Reef and hunting for Menzzago!

pcIJ5jF.jpg

fTH2vlY.jpg

1fJp3SF.jpg

- oh Orange sailed back to Neketaka and went down to the Old City to finish off that mass of creatures that proved far too difficult the first time around and low level. Result? See for yourself! :cool:

78cVLVH.jpg

- The new ship combat screen that you get now in the latest update! :hug:

ZMDQRpB.jpg

- Ukaizo is soon upon Orange and the crew!

b9IDzMv.jpg

okay so come back tomrrow for Ukaizo and the wrapup of Orange we are just about finished okay? Okay! :hug:

Thanks,
Sherry

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
So, exploity stuffies.
I ran into a pyramid and there were 11 gays that I could not rape at level 3.
Experiment time: at level 5 the Rogue gets an ability that is basically designed to be an exploit.
Gouging Strike to the eyes (boo) - enemy takes dmg until end of combat.

Well, combat does not end if you Gouge someone, Smoke yourself and run away. They just shuffle in place and take 1 raw dmg/sec until they die. And then combat ends...
Or, you can Gouge them, let the your rogue die near them and the rest of your own group is standing around in stealth - combat does not end either until enemy is dead.
They shuffle around, try to heal, withdraw, but the grim reaper is coming.
muOUhZ6.jpg

And thats not even all of it... Gouging applies to a single attack. And Serafens handcannon has AOE... And it applies to AOE.
So even if you rogue dies (and he wont cause you have like 3 smoke veils at level 3), he still take 3 people with him.
9HaL9UK.png

Infact, he might take them all with him. Just place a trap well so that all of them come check it out ^^ and fire a single Gouging handcannon shot on on top. Even a graze applies the unstoppable death.
rEr8MmF.png

Why make abilities like that? In real combat 1dmp/sec is not usable, its pointless. The only way to make it work is to exploit it.

Alright, no exploits. Scrolling through modals looking for synergies with crits saw the Axe modal.
So, a 50 dmg axe crit, and 20 ticks bleeding for 5 dmg each (100 dmg), adding the arterial strike's 100 and we get a cute 250 dmg in 60 sec. I dont think Bleeding can be resisted even... 2 crits like that and a boss is down, no? Then again, fucking random Skuldarks have 200 hp... and they are level 9 too...
t8xHBRc.png

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
Stealing exploit: the ability here from the boots does not break stealth.............................................................................
Even worse, when your char jumps into the air, you can pause at the right moment, steal from whoever and cancel the animation without losing the charge... .. .
The leap has more than 12m range.
7Ugx8f3.png

Of course you can use Sparkles as well, to move NPCs, but the boots are even easier.

Stealth is retarded and probably intentionally broken.

Mechanics as well... Thats Serafen at level 3. Now my char is a rogue with 2 in mechanics and with the rest bonus -> 3. And party assist gives us the whole 11+3=14 to open up the highest difficulty lock in Neketaki. After 2 levelups kek.
gk0GD4U.png

And of course Potions of Invisibility exist and give a Backstabbing Rogue an economy tied number of backstabs...

POE1 > POE2

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
Does Obshitian know that | is borderline universal for logical OR?
Or are they saying that they are AGAINST us OR EVIL OR BOTH for good measure?
MPQgbqy.png

Political figures you dont wanna see in your arpeegees for 100 pls
vKhSytG.png

Wow, sometimes POE2 actually impresses a bit. There is a tribe of Xaurips in a pyramid, living next to oozes.
With careful pulling in stealth you can make them fight!
tMnn7rr.png

The Great Ooz War
XtRNfbt.png

Only the champions remain! Unfair help from Xaurip side, the Troll would have won.
AF9QpqN.jpg

But war, war never changes.
6e9ieVE.png

Another exploit. If you fill up space where you char needs to be to open a chest, than the game will let you open it where space is available roffles...
YytPof4.png

Archamge the poorfag. Random starving children in the Gullet have more money. And better security. The whole Vault breakin is so fucking trivial.
QTkar9G.png

Troll at Obsidian, placing Body potions next to lung-rot victims. kek
QrbRCYX.png

A Duel, good Sir! En garde!
NfaQKVS.jpg

up40qey.png

... .. . alas I wish he surrendered.
Xb9LiwI.png

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
3 blights stuck in one dimension
g3wpBxn.jpg

Long Range Cruise Missile
n0NJVrv.jpg

ixrzzgX.jpg

Also, barrels are like level 10 and get the +15 PotD acc bonus vs everyone, thats why they are so deadly.

Giant Grubs that dont fit through doors, dont have a ranged attack and dont hide if attacked constantly are shit design - no way around it...

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
So, anyone figured out a perfect combo of god challenges to play with? I'm thinking about doing a news run, but doing a ful challenge combo seems like too much cancer.
Where do you pick God challenges? Do you have to be through the game once?

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
You might not like it but this is what Peak AssAssIn looks like!
Statuesque Aesthetics
1HRuw9F.png

Obsidian (get it) bugs on point for once!

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Making monsters fight each other doesn't give you XP.

The logical "or" is two vertical lines. The bitwise "or" is just one vertical line.

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
Making monsters fight each other doesn't give you XP.

The logical "or" is two vertical lines. The bitwise "or" is just one vertical line.
Well, WW[_UW doesnt sound nice. And XP is really not a problem.

[spoilers]
BOOM!
HEADSHOT!
BOOOM!
H E A D SHOT!
cmLUgIS.png

poorfag has nothing on him but his grimoire
easy to kill, no contingencies, no see-invisible...

Random lvl10 risen mage is about 5 times harder to kill than an archmage...
gPc00eO.jpg

At first I though the 3 Shades would the priority targets, they zoom around engagemnt, do strong dmg etc
But no, risen mage starts throwing fireballs...
So, I thought I start the fight on the left with everyone but the assassin and gib the mage from behind.
What I didnt realize is that a Risen Armsman is a ranged rogue (worst enemy ever) with 100 acc! Who is doing what I have been doing...
nbsH4YF.png

Anyway, worst problem is that I dont have good enough bows to hurt the skellingtons.
[/spoilers]

I dont get the difficulty spike in Berath Temple, there isnt even any good loot in there. But Risen Champs though.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

So here we are at the end of this journey and lots of time has gone by since Orange was brought back to life and she has done so much and met so many people! Ukaizo requires the best sails and best hull and the best captain and Orange delivered so here we go the last big gasp before the leap okay? Okay!

- Lots of story screens leading up to ship battles with choices to be made but here is the start of it all.

uTrKbNT.jpg

- Orange commands Sherry to rush forward and assist her allies against the approaching pirates!

lfiSQ8b.jpg

- Brace gosh boom the battle has begun and Orange barks orders as Sherry zips through the raging sea to attack those who get in her way!

q13B7nE.jpg

lCQqEVo.jpg

IdUGuOh.jpg

FMimIxo.jpg

But just when Orange thought it was clear was there a loud splash and the waves churned even higher and sprayed the crew of Sherry! The one destined to protect Ukaizo had arrived but it was not expecting Scyorielaphas! :o

7j5afiQ.jpg

zJ9So6v.jpg

gPAeujS.jpg

GXM3k93.jpg

ikr! That is what happens when you mess with Orange friends to all Dragons they are there for her and her legend grows but it would have been fun to fight an Dragon made out of Adra right? :? And now Orange steps foot into Ukaizo the island of legend, myth and wonder where Eothas has gone to break the Wheel.

UcjeKP0.jpg

Gosh Ukaizo was kinda sparse but there were some nice final interactions with the entire party that Orange had support from and some battles along the way too before finally confronting Eothas but that will be next time okay? Okay! This is the last leg it is a shame this adventure has come to an end.

Thanks,
Sherry

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

The last stretch is here okay? I was like gosh not again when the large adramats approached it just reminded me of those hammer-handed giants from White March that were so utterly tough but these two were just the final guards of Ukaizo and unlike those hammer-handed giants Orange was able to spit the party up and take two on at a time here. Okay these are the last of the game spoilies okay?

- Orange splits the party up to tackle the two Adramat guarding the docks of Ukaizo.

z262XI0.jpg

- The storm Orange has to rid before being able to walk and meet Eothas one last time and the moment Orange turned to her party and let them share their thoughts.

ZiM446o.jpg

- Ukaizo is more about dialog than action but even so it was a nice touch to still get to see the layout of this once grand city!

QiOZHGB.jpg

- Orange at the engine driving the storm and protecting Ukaizo with Eothas in the distance pounding on the Wheel!! :o

5tJ6XSF.jpg

abaxgIX.jpg

- Gosh even the Gods want to parlay with Orange before Eothas so they go and have their say too just like the party did.

EsIb9M8.jpg

- The last attempt at stopping Orange is from none other than Captain Furrante and possibly where whatever faction is considered your largest enemy will show up here. In Orange's case it was the pirates. Serefan found it tough to swallow. :(

bPhf8Xl.jpg

- Orange finally arrives to meet Eothas and it was a treat to get to see this up close again just like our first encounter. Orange picked her choices as well as she could based on the nature of how she changed over the course of both games during this final dialog scene. Even members of the party get to have their say!

Z4d7zNW.jpg

vyy2usz.jpg

mBRqP0o.jpg

ySh8jFV.jpg

Nq8pSOh.jpg

gosh that is it minus the ending slides based on the choices made by Orange for another day along with some final thoughts okay? Okay! tu for following my play right from the start :hug: and hope you have fun playing DEADFIRE too or whatever game it is you are playing right now.

This is the end of The Wheel and Eothas. For now. ;)

Thanks,
Sherry

PsychoFox

Educated
Will i like this game if i didn't enjoy PoE 1 (found it boring and overall disinteresting, soul-less, with shit combat)?

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
Holy fuck, it hurt saying that.

At first I didnt mind the writing, since I was not reading the gray descriptions and mostly reading my replies only to know what to click so that I get the best rewards. But now the dialogue is getting fucking painful, ekera! Ekera, oh my God! IT IS VOICED TOO EKEEERA! PLS GOOBY MAKE IT STOP! PLS

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom