Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Prime Junta

just to clarify, i’m not arguing that things are swell for natives, because that would be dumb

just taking issue at kwa retardation where they think the frontier+genocide is the only way it can go

indonesia is another relevant example btw

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
news flash you kwa retard

deadfire is not modeled on murica

maori and polynesians are still around and not in reservations
Yeah, just 70% of Maori were killed off, lost nearly all their land, and became a tiny minority. All in the span of ~60 years. Maori were referred to as the "the great survival story of modern times" — that was a best case scenario for natives that happened to luck out and get colonized far later than other civilizations.
Things turned out so swell for them. At least they're not on reservations!
:deathclaw:
Who the fuck cares??? If they die,then they die....nature.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Another Gameplay of the Edgewater Quest , but now show part the third alternative.
Edit: English version

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
The Pomade Worlds - Obsidian's trendy genZ hair styling RPG from Cain & Boyarsky

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
it's risky to say but Greedfall can outmatch this game.

Well, shit. People are really rooting for that one, eh?

Greedfall is a magnet for retards.

Clearly, all those people who haven't played it still feel compelled to comment on it

But, a fault confessed is half redressed, you're on the way to overcome your retardation

Clearly, all those people who played it and loved it cannot overcome their retardation.

Neerasrc

Learned
Inspirations from Dos.. A good choice for those who want to play alone. And the number of perks is not bad.

MaZMB0N.jpg

Link: https://imgur.com/a/a8t5Gio

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Booooooring.

These free-roaming CRPGs are actually more fun as isometric games, a`la Fallout or Arcanum. The trend nowadays is inverse: Isometric RPGs with TB-combat confined in tiny maps versus open-world first/third-person hiking sims.
Yeah, people are still trying convince themselves that this game will somehow be above average, despite everything else, just because it's Cain and Boyarski at the helm. It's sad to watch, that's why I stopped coming to this thread.

It's funny how in POE2, the natives are kind of fucked whether they embrace the influx of foreign culture or pursue isolationism. There's no stupid "oh obviously one of those is 100% right".
I'd attribute this to the good parts of Josh's worldbuilding.

Wow every time i see a mention of this fucking game i'm reminded of the DIVERSE companions and can't help but get excited for the moment i put a bullet in their heads. If this game fails to deliver on that then help me god.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Maybe everyone looks the same to escape facial recognition AI. Everyone in the otter worlds look like a dude from earth, and he's always getting his shit kicked in by gook cops for their crimes.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, people are still trying convince themselves that this game will somehow be above average.
Speaking personally, I have no expectations above "average" - but a "just average" first person RPG with branching story decisions, different approaches, and meaningful build choices is enough for me to at least check it out.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/video-the-first-40-minutes-of-the-outer-worlds/

Video: The first 40 minutes of The Outer Worlds

40 minutes of The Outer Worlds PS4 gameplay has been published on VGC’s YouTube channel.

The footage, captured at Tokyo Game Show this month, shows the opening moments of the Obsidian RPG, following the game’s intro cinematic and character creation scene.

The Outer Worlds won the Game Critics E3 2019 award for Best Original Game and is being co-directed by original Fallout creators Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky.

The game’s story has players lost in transit while on a colonist ship bound for the furthest edge of the galaxy, eventually awaking decades later in the midst of a deep conspiracy threatening to destroy the Halcyon colony.

In a recent Outer Worlds interview, the game’s senior narrative designer Megan Starks said Obsidian is “absolutely interested” in fleshing out The Outer Worlds with future games, following public support from the studio’s new owner Microsoft.

The Outer Worlds will release for Xbox One, PC and PS4 in October. You can pre-order those versions of the game now on Amazon or Game UK.

Finally something I can post.

Neerasrc

Learned
Yeah, people are still trying convince themselves that this game will somehow be above average.
Speaking personally, I have no expectations above "average" - but a "just average" first person RPG with branching story decisions, different approaches, and meaningful build choices is enough for me to at least check it out.

I agree. Dialog systems, ARPG, adequate mechanical systems (skills, perks, stats) Enough for me. There hasn't been a game that's put this together for a long time. (In the ARPG.)

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Yeah, people are still trying convince themselves that this game will somehow be above average, despite everything else, just because it's Cain and Boyarski at the helm. It's sad to watch, that's why I stopped coming to this thread.

I don't think is hard to understand that people that are excited for this are looking for something like FNV but actually funtions, don't break itself every 5 seconds and the gunplay is trash without mods.
There's nothing like that game and obviously that's have a demand for it , just like Greedfall to Bioware games (hence being top 1 selling game on Steam rn).
I can't think of one RPG FPS with good system , good dialgoue system and CnC other since FNV , that's almost 10 years.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Wow every time i see a mention of this fucking game i'm reminded of the DIVERSE companions and can't help but get excited for the moment i put a bullet in their heads. If this game fails to deliver on that then help me god.

And somehow you love greedfall ... exemplifying the mental prowess of an avocado.

And somehow you love greedfall ... exemplifying the mental prowess of an avocado.
Now now, there's not reason to be an absolute fucktard. I never said I "love" that game.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Now now, there's not reason to be an absolute fucktard. I never said I "love" that game.

walks like a duck, talks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a fanboi.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom