Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
I really want to enjoy this, but I already skip dialogue in most games I play, so I can't really justify myself getting this game when almost all the gameplay revolves around reading dialogue

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
One of the more remarkable accomplishments of the game is that I never want to skip any of the dialogue. Most recent cRPGs cannot boast this same quality.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is this what the people want?

2019-10-17_1518_15ykhe.png

Prime Junta

Does anyone know how accurate disco elysium is in it's representation of the detective/police work?

More accurate than you might think. One of the writers' dad was a detective in Soviet times so there's some personal connection to it too; some writers have also worked police procedural screenplays and similar. IMO it's better than a lot of fairly highly-regarded crime fiction in this respect. They also did some serious research on many of the key scenes -- the autopsy for example. And they're very familiar with police shit like various mindfuck interview/interrogation techniques you can use.

The big difference is that the RCM (Revachol Citizens' Militia) doesn't quite have the status of a regular police force and in fact there are a lot of people in Martinaise who simply don't accept police authority at all; it's also really thinly resourced so you can't just call for backup or do all that kind of stuff. So it's a bit like being a Wild West lawman in some ways.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can anyone tell me
where to find the key to the door in the kitchen? I read the note that said where it was hidden, but I've failed my IRL memory check and the game won't let me read it again. I need that key, for... research purposes.

They also did some serious research on many of the key scenes -- the autopsy for example.
It shows. Speaking of highly-regarded crime fiction, that autopsy in its graphicness read like something straight out of a Nordic noir novel, thrown off-kilter by the hilarious skill interjections and the deliberation on the gunshot wound I'd inflicted trying to shoot the corpse down. Brilliant stuff.

vota DC

Augur
Day 2 I can't sleep....don't have enough money and time stopped even if I talk.....it is a bug? How can I reach day 3?

Jezal_k23

My opinion is, don't waste money to fix your piece of shit. End result of that is, you still got yourself a piece of shit. Odds are it'll fuck up again in a few weeks or months. And you've wasted precious funds.

At some point, recognize that it's time to save money to buy a non-piece of shit laptop or PC.

vota DC

Augur
Day 2 I can't sleep....don't have enough money and time stopped even if I talk.....it is a bug? How can I reach day 3?

Rumour has it you can

sleep on a public bench

It is hinted by my character, problem is that I need Kim to go to sleep....but he doesn't even if I go near his room or on the balcony where I did case recap at the end of day 1. And I didn't case recap for day 2 too. Seems game breaking.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

Rumour has it you can

sleep on a public bench

It is hinted by my character, problem is that I need Kim to go to sleep....but he doesn't even if I go near his room or on the balcony where I did case recap at the end of day 1. And I didn't case recap for day 2 too. Seems game breaking.

How did you squander the money he gives you? Though I agree, it should be possible to just sleep on the bench.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom