Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
But you haven't seen it from me,far right nazi bastard and anarchist.

Not yet. Still wouldn't trust you with that knife. Happy to toss down a beer any time though!
Nah junta,i am not like all the modern right wingers. I won't play your political games and all that garbage,won't fall to your level. If i decide to come for you,you will see it a mile away. I am more of a hammer to the face than dagger in the back. Still as long as society still exist i am just walking along,not one of those retards that end up shooting shit :). That is all talking for real life tho,in the codex i really couldn't care less. It is place for shitposting and overreacting :). Don't know about beer,but wouldn't mind throwing a political banter over a bottle of rakija and nice salad :).

Got bored and left

You: posting tirades on unimportant bullshit, like politics.
Me, an intellectual: just got a bug where Harry's shirt disappears and refuses to come back on, so I have him prancing around Martinaise, his chest hair showing proud.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
For whatever reason, Marxists seem particularly unable to relate to other human beings as actual human being
The fascination with isms goes hand in hand with a belief in one's own intellectual and moral superiority over the majority. This line of thinking goes back to the French revolution, traces of it can be seen in antiquity I guess.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You: posting tirades on unimporant bullshit, like politics.
Me, an intellectual: just got a bug where Harry's shirt disappears and refuses to come back on, so I have him prancing around Martinaise, his chest hair showing proud.
I had this one too. Loading the game fixes it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
For whatever reason, Marxists seem particularly unable to relate to other human beings as actual human being
The fascination with isms goes hand in hand with a belief in one's own intellectual and moral superiority over the majority. This line of thinking goes back to the French revolution, traces of it can be seen in antiquity I guess.
While nobody remembers the fence sitters :). Ideological fights are the way humanity evolves,it is only natural. One group believes that only X will help them survive as a tribe,while other group believes that only Y will help them survive. Then they fight till only one group is left.

AwesomeButton

Patron
While nobody remembers the fence sitters :). Ideological fights are the way humanity evolves,it is only natural. One group believes that only X will help them survive as a tribe,while other group believes that only Y will help them survive. Then they fight till only one group is left.
In the long run, nobody remembers anyone. But this isn't something we should be thinking about in our everyday lives. We need some kind of religion to keep us going.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
In the long run, nobody remembers anyone. But this isn't something we should be thinking about in our everyday lives. We need some kind of religion to keep us going.
People still remember Gilgamesh,King of Kings! This is just excuse that cowards give lol. Nobody is remembered my ass,there are a lot of great people trough out history. Centrists are the worst,even fucking commies are ten time better than centrist trying to drown everyone in their mediaocracy.

AwesomeButton

Patron
People still remember Gilgamesh,King of Kings! This is just excuse that cowards give lol. Nobody is remembered my ass,there are a lot of great people trough out history. Centrists are the worst,even fucking commies are ten time better than centrist trying to drown everyone in their mediaocracy.
There are great people in history, but they are exceptions, that's why they are remembered. And they have all paid the price of being remembered after death, during their lifetimes.

For most of us, you and me included, from the moment you have to take care of a child, your biological programming will take over and looking after your own will out-prioritize any intellectual luxuries and indulgements such as ideologies. I guarantee you this.

Prime Junta

So... Any indication of how the game is selling?

Is it a success? A flop? Middle of the road?

Going by the indirect evidence I think it's safe to say it's not a flop flop. I have no idea what the actual numbers are, nor what ZA/UM expected.

I have a hunch their expectation/hope has been that this is one of those "long tail" games, that it'll sell by word of mouth.

Whether it's enough... we can only hope.

I do think that the game has been successful enough that ZA/UM has proven their ability to make a game. That means that getting funding for another one shouldn't be impossible -- although what strings would be attached is a different matter.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
There are great people in history, but they are exceptions, that's why they are remembered. And they have all paid the price of being remembered after death, during their lifetimes.

For most of us, you and me included, from the moment you have to take care of a child, your biological programming will take over and looking after your own will out-prioritize any intellectual luxuries and indulgements such as ideologies. I guarantee you this.
LoL do you see me as a Disco caricature of a man? I don't go around the streets and screech my own ideological slogans lol. Ideology is part of life,and life is what shapes us a human beings lol. I won't abandon my believes just because is have a kid,most likely will try to make him a honourable human being....and a good thief :).

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron

Going by the indirect evidence I think it's safe to say it's not a flop flop. I have no idea what the actual numbers are, nor what ZA/UM expected.

I have a hunch their expectation/hope has been that this is one of those "long tail" games, that it'll sell by word of mouth.

Whether it's enough... we can only hope.

I do think that the game has been successful enough that ZA/UM has proven their ability to make a game. That means that getting funding for another one shouldn't be impossible -- although what strings would be attached is a different matter.
I'm currently considering buying it another time. It's just a game that deserves it. Let's see if I still think so after I finish it.

AwesomeButton

Patron
LoL do you see me as a Disco caricature of a man? I do go around the streets and screech my own ideological slogans lol. Ideology is part of life,and life is what shapes us a human beings lol. I won't abandon my believes just because is have a kid,most likely will try to make him a honourable human being....and a good thief :).
You can't explain hunger to a sated man. Good luck. :)

Prime Junta

Hey, this was one of the better discussions I've had here. I clearly ought to leak people's secrets more often.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

It’s been on sale for less than eight days and Steamspy says they’ve sold 50,000 to 100,000 copies. Given the $40 price tag, that’s $1.4 to $2.8 million after Steam’s cut (although obviously less than that given regional pricing). Doing pretty well on GOG, too. No idea how much it cost to develop, but it seems to be selling about as well as you could reasonably hope. Whether their hopes were reasonable is another question.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Would you like paper or plastic?"

[DRAMA - Easy Success]
He is obviously telling the truth given the mundane tone in which he asks, almost like he's done this before.

1. You decide, comrade!
2. Do I get a discount if I don't take a bag?
3. Fuck Immigrants! Plastic.
4. Both. I am greedy and entitled.

"The weather today is nice, don't you think?"
PERCEPTION - The weather is nice today.

1. Yes, beautiful weather comrade, such a lovely day for worker solidarity!
2. The real question is how I can turn this weather to my advantage...
3. The weather is controlled by immigrants! Immigrants, I say!
4. Fuck off.

here's your "thought provoking dialogue"

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

It’s been on sale for less than eight days and Steamspy says they’ve sold 50,000 to 100,000 copies. Given the $40 price tag, that’s $1.4 to $2.8 million after Steam’s cut (although obviously less than that given regional pricing). Doing pretty well on GOG, too. No idea how much it cost to develop, but it seems to be selling about as well as you could reasonably hope. Whether their hopes were reasonable is another question.

You can't really put the revenue like that because the game has some very aggressive regional pricing.

The game cost 15 USD in my country and somepart of Asia had the game at 20 - 25 USD.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom