Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Please invest in your Potato Computer Citizen. NOLF looks really good with high details and resolution.

Psychotoxic

A replay made after years of playing it on Windows XP. The only thing that isn't working are the movies, that are made in .avi format, but they use a strange codec bundled with the game. It isn't the most amazing FPS from 2004, but was speed running it without any problems and the gunplay is quite good for indie title. The enemies tend to group on you in corridors, and if someone finds you, usually other nearby foes will come as well. The pile of corpses combined with badly implemented psychics, where they freeze like in the stasis made me chuckle a little bit. You can "help" them by shooting a couple of times. After that, they finally lay on the ground. As for the weapons, the pistol with the silencer was my favorite for the first part of the story. It has the same sound, like in Terminator 2, when T1000 first encounters T800 and shoots him in the back :autism: .

It's year 2022, when the humanity faces the danger of total nuclear holocaust. The evil mastermind behind all this is Aaron Crowley, who looks like Caleb. If he was designed by Tim Burton for "Nightmare Before Christmas". We are playing as Angie Prophet, who looks like a goth chick who really likes Underworld movie and tight clothes :sweats: . The level design is really something. Apart from typical bases, offices and similar areas we will be introduced to some totally crazy ones, in the other dream realm. Each one is unique and makes Psychotoxic more unique. I've never had a problem finding my way through, as I was seeking colored cards like in a good old Doom, or keys/documents/etc. to move onward. We also find some superpowers, like shield/health regeneration/invisibility, and last but not least - slowing time. It's funny how in the same year later on we've got F.E.A.R who used it as well. Slow motion changes you into a total beast, and I was just obliterating enemies.

Overall, it was a really smooth replay. All the events that we are witnessing in the game, are during Christmas time. I didn't remember it, so it was a perfect timing, even if it wasn't intentional. Also, some of the music holds up and kicks ass.

psychotoxic2019-12-22oqkc2.jpg

psychotoxic2019-12-23qijlh.jpg

psychotoxic2019-12-239pkqy.jpg

psychotoxic2019-12-23vxj7b.jpg

psychotoxic2019-12-22cqj7a.jpg

psychotoxic2019-12-2327jp3.jpg

psychotoxic2019-12-23ujjpo.jpg

psychotoxic2019-12-23irkj7.jpg

psychotoxic2019-12-237vk9t.jpg

psychotoxic2019-12-238yjt0.jpg

psychotoxic2019-12-23mjjjv.jpg

psychotoxic2019-12-230mkt1.jpg

psychotoxic2019-12-237oj63.jpg

psychotoxic2019-12-232ykfx.jpg

psychotoxic2019-12-23ookn7.jpg

psychotoxic2019-12-23w9jvj.jpg

psychotoxic2019-12-23nvk7f.jpg

psychotoxic2019-12-237ek9b.jpg

psychotoxic2019-12-237ikiz.jpg

psychotoxic2019-12-23zkk9q.jpg

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's Age of Barbarian yet again

f7ayQNZ.png

Slavers Fortress
GPycZok.png

Bf6R0fO.png

SdXkc5n.png

PCpzmhz.png

bSct9BB.png

asaVOQZ.png

Oh, that's right, there were survivors from the village.

der8iQk.png

dbQ4Z7j.png

Hardest fight in the DLC. Kills you in 2-3 hits and can do 2 attacks in a fast sequence that are very hard to block.

7vX7o54.png

25lc4hb.png

We rescue the kids then go back to kill the slavers.
qZDwSzL.png

Ez40QNl.png

j0mbtGV.png

M7BNUHC.png

Final boss. He's not very strong.

BFpwzVa.png

BnQJ7B2.png
KsK2cJ7.png

qQcnG1g.png

pwgb4ty.png

The Spider God
ZKrXwXq.png

NsYfqQH.png

This one has a village with NPCs you can talk to, and a quest

ekXfA3g.png

RSxl0Ec.png

Undead must be killed with a fatality or they get back up, same as in the last area in the base game.

4suGb81.png

FxhXIl8.png

LCQo6aq.png

qyHhgxA.png

Shadows are cool enemies

eSyIjAp.png

jC3AoKL.png
Now I can go to the temple
bxfu71B.png

jUAeLEM.png

DY3HzFZ.png

These cultists suck.
fTlGoFt.png

lOLD63T.png

Dyo4FFh.png
Z4qfPjj.png

VQkFsAf.png

vOvxONd.png

n63N2hc.png

SbckWoj.png

eK8UWm3.png

Tough boss. He keeps summoning spiders that can entangle or knock you down, he shoots fireballs and he's not bad with the sword either.

wi9l9DQ.png

Still.

00gPezQ.png

aOBqKcO.png

0lYLpzi.png

The Spider God was pretty weak though. Maybe if you let him shoot the lasers, but I got close fast and chopped him with the axe.

mjlBYQK.png
aMbNBge.png

25EOYgU.png

Puukko

Arcane
Vampyr shenanigans. No real spoilers.

U9l7tE0.png

There WAS a corpse here when I went to sleep...

lk8oXzc.png

Part and parcel

w2zeP6V.png

mBjNCRb.png

Can you tell this is a boss arena?

pwR9hIP.png

DYDcbKA.jpg

Can you tell THIS is a boss arena?

Yto1wBk.jpg

Fucking furries!

9LHO08i.png

I met janjetina in-game.

UU2sWvZ.jpg

blVFNAe.jpg

Sldx4IX.jpg

OSVsBGo.jpg

khhkv7H.jpg

He was, dare I say, based and redpilled.

O0tkRFF.png

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
time to PURGE xDDD

This is Inquisitor: MArtyr, or whatever the WH40k diablo clone was called, right? Is it any good? I think people havent been very positive of it.
It got a patch that reworks a lot of the gameplay after people complained about it. I have no idea how it compares to other modern Diablo-like games because I haven't played any of them. It's nothing special, I probably wouldn't play it at all if it wasn't for the warhammer 40k setting and the fact that there aren't many non-strategy/tactical games set in that universe.

Citizen

ifbFQx.jpg

ifbfAk.jpg

ifbUnH.jpg

ifbc51.jpg

ifbbTc.jpg

ifbwOK.jpg

ifbxcZ.jpg

ifb5ZP.jpg

ifbGsm.jpg

ifbaDi.jpg

ifw2Ao.jpg

Finished, what a cool game. Sadly I didn't have enough balls to start the game on superspy, but even on hard it was pretty challenging in some places

Citizen

I though Turok was supposed to be a n64 casual popamole, why does this game rapes me so hard then?
iFEjoi.jpg

iFEZJ9.jpg

iFErxv.jpg

iFERp5.jpg

iFEkIT.jpg

*does a victory dance*

Edited: Weird thing about this game: regular enemies are much harder than bosses. Most bosses have preatty clear counterplay, you can dodge their attacks, etc. BUT! Regular RANGED mobs are a pain in the ass, they are like hitscan killing machines that melt your hp bar in second without any way to dodge their attacks. Melee monsters and bosses are a cakewalk compared to ranged mooks

Is that a PC remaster thing, or the n64 original was also like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I though Turok was supposed to be a n64 casual popamole, why does this game rapes me so hard then?
iFEjoi.jpg

iFEZJ9.jpg

iFErxv.jpg

iFERp5.jpg

iFEkIT.jpg

*does a victory dance*

Edited: Weird thing about this game: regular enemies are much harder than bosses. Most bosses have preatty clear counterplay, you can dodge their attacks, etc. BUT! Regular RANGED mobs are a pain in the ass, they are like hitscan killing machines that melt your hp bar in second without any way to dodge their attacks. Melee monsters and bosses are a cakewalk compared to ranged mooks

Is that a PC remaster thing, or the n64 original was also like this?

I loved this remake, and the gun you get for this fight specifically. Easily one of my favorite plasma rifles.

Turok runs at Doom-guy levels of speed if you move forward and strafe simultaneously. So fun.

Beggar

Cipher
Can't believe how well this game still holds up. It's as dynamic and menacing as I remember it to be
20200102001813-1.jpg

Probably my favorite part of any action game - hiding in the house while zombies are banging at the door and crawling through the windows
20200102005412-1.jpg

And the peak of nerve wrecking terror is just up ahead
20200102012118-1.jpg

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Really good Chinese RPG. About 50hs long, entirely linear and VERY story-focused, but the action-RPG combat is great (far better than Witcher 3 or Greedfall) and the Wuxia setting & writing makes for a very different experience. It definetly stands out from western & japanese RPGs. After Disco Elysium, it's my #2 RPG of the Year.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom