Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Old question, I'm sure -
Do we have a sense of how many hours of play they're shooting for? Unlike most games I feel like I would be delighted to spend 80+ hours on this.

Troika didn't even do that much and you think these people will get anywhere near that?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Do we have a sense of how many hours of play they're shooting for? Unlike most games I feel like I would be delighted to spend 80+ hours on this.
Troika didn't even do that much and you think these people will get anywhere near that?
I have no idea - that's why I'm asking :)

Seriously, I really don't have a sense of how big Hardsuit is, or how much money is being thrown at B2, or what kind of length they're shooting for. I don't know if they even want to make an epic, or if they're going for "shallow but wide" branching, or a quick linear story with cosmetic changes based on faction, or what. But hell, look at Sinking City - I would never have guessed it could be a 50 hour game and yet that's how long I spent on it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Seriously, I really don't have a sense of how big Hardsuit is, or how much money is being thrown at B2, or what kind of length they're shooting for. I don't know if they even want to make an epic, or if they're going for "shallow but wide" branching, or a quick linear story with cosmetic changes based on faction, or what. But hell, look at Sinking City - I would never have guessed it could be a 50 hour game and yet that's how long I spent on it.

Oh, well the answer is 30 hours, about the same as the first.

user

Savant

Oh, well the answer is 30 hours, about the same as the first.

That would suck if it also doesn't have the first one's replayability.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The absolute best we can hope for is a mechanically average game with a story that is only mildly woke. Like TOW. Forgotten about in 3 months. Like all those recent vampire/Lovecraft walking sims.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Lou Grand, buxom leader of the Pioneers:

vtm-bloodlines2-cosplay-guide-v01-5510-dfe53b.jpg

DAMN SON

1100-boobs.png
LoL you naive summer child,it is tranny/trap!
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
That's like saying catching an Std is good because it's so rare.

Codex lulz and all that, but I don't get the analogy. Deus Ex/Bloodlines/Prey style games are good things, STDs are not. If STDs were enjoyable then yeah, I'd take herpes over nothing. Can't always shoot for full blown AIDs.

But you're presupposing the game will be good purely because it belongs to a certain genre. Or claims to - We've not seen actual gameplay so it could be anything from a faithful recreation of Bloodlines 1 to a first person popamole to a walking sim with Stat checks.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
That's like saying catching an Std is good because it's so rare.

Codex lulz and all that, but I don't get the analogy. Deus Ex/Bloodlines/Prey style games are good things, STDs are not. If STDs were enjoyable then yeah, I'd take herpes over nothing. Can't always shoot for full blown AIDs.

But you're presupposing the game will be good purely because it belongs to a certain genre. Or claims to - We've not seen actual gameplay so it could be anything from a faithful recreation of Bloodlines 1 to a first person popamole to a walking sim with Stat checks.

There's plenty of gameplay here

My biggest complaint is the camera zooming out to third person at random times. I hate it so much.

user

Savant

As I see it, these blood feelings bonuses or whatever they call them, hint to the latter unfortunately. Hopefully drinking blood will be more about your survival and less about having to get the right buff for a stat check.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

It can't possibly be worse than Deus Ex: Invisible War, and that game was worth playing (and even replaying) for the same "immersive sims are rare" reason.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron

It can't possibly be worse than Deus Ex: Invisible War, and that game was worth playing (and even replaying) for the same "immersive sims are rare" reason.

Funny you should mention that. I'm the one person who liked that game and I was just thinking a few minutes ago that when I finish my GMDX run I'll replay it and then write a post defending it. Or maybe I'll finally see how shit it is. Who knows.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Recently visited Seattle. Not thinking about it, I just rewatched that gameplay from August. Was neat to see the King Street Station clocktower after I was just there a couple weeks ago :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom