Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
BRAINWORMS

is this a metaphor for LARIAN fans???

Jezal_k23

If the maps aren't too linear, this has quite a lot of potential. The writing is going to be cringe, no doubt about it, but everything else looks fine. This being an AAA game is surreal.

Yeah doom and gloom is annoying. As long as they've moved on from their mistakes in DOS2, I think they have potential to make a competent game.

Aemar

Arcane
It’s anything but Baldur’s Gate.
The only thing this game seems to have in common with the previous games is the name itself. Other than that what we've been shown here is pretty much generic Larian gameplay. I'm expecting Realms Beyond and the next PF release to be much closer to the BG spirit.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The combat looks like a faithful adaptation, why are you people not content? The set-up is too epic, but you win some, you lose some. I'm hoping you get to do more typically adventurous things after you get away from the illithids.

Just the fact the games STARTS with the Illithids is retarded in itself.

Even the interface has a Lovecraftian aesthetic. It's industrial fantasy syndrome at work. Everything in it has to scream "fantastic" there's no room for anything normal or mundane which would make the Illithids feel fantastic within the world itself.

I mean, with the Drow and Giths as playable races we have already crossed that threshold a long time i ago but it's just amusing how they spent not even a micro second of time trying to play on the nostalgia of the original.

ADL

Prophet
c2dmyvO.png

deuxhero

Arcane
So you already have two companions sharing your fate of 'ocular penetration'.

I'll say one positive thing about this: Putting the party members under mutual impending doom is a great way to justify working with characters who would normally be out of character.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Now I'm mostly curious if the map feels "theme-parky" like in original sin... hard to tell so far.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
They haven't answered the two most important questions yet, will there be romances, and where's Minsc?!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom