Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is cyberpunk 2077 going to be good

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
Skyrim is more of a game than Dicksgo Onision

Semiurge

Cipher
To know if any game will be good in 2020 and beyond google the developer and see how many women they've hired.

If one of those women is Amy Hennig, you can breathe a sigh of relief.

If the women are allowed to bring their pets in to work or have colored hair, you're about to see a real shit game come out.

All commies have bad hair. Furthermore, if the ratio of women to men is 1:1 or greater, the men will soften and adjust their social behaviour, i.e give in to women's demands easier. This is very predictable social behaviour, but the real reason for libtastic games lies not in gender ratios, but in the greedy executives. They think they can have the rainbow moneys as well as keep the old fans, and virtue signalling is good PR.

tindrli

Arcane
well im playing games for more than 30 years now and despite that games tends to be more and more retarded i still hope.. hope dies last

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
All I know, is that it will trigger another 100 page long discussion about whether it can be called a RPG or not.

Then it will become local GOTY and everyone will pretend it's shit to sound smarter. Happens every year.
Oblivion and skyrim are both rated 94 and 97 on metacritic, they are obviously RPGs and masterpieces like everyone says.
As always let's be like casuals and do not try to be critical against those games.

If there's one thing lacking on the codex, it's criticism of Oblivion. :roll:

frajaq

Erudite
ok but for real I think its gonna be a good game but probably pozzed to some degree, which will be a huge turn-off for people around here :/

Duralux for Durabux

If there's one thing lacking on the codex, it's criticism of Oblivion. :roll:
I was trying to simulate his mind :roll: but i agree it should have been witcher 3 instead of Oblivion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want Cyberpunk to be good. But all the leaks and news coming out have slowly dwindled away my optimism. Leaving a sad husk of a man who can't get excited for anything any more. We'll see. But I don't think we are getting a good game.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
All commies have bad hair.
27724-1557980037561.jpg

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Maybe but I doubt it would be awesome enough to justify spending over a grand on a graphics card.

Pegultagol

Erudite
I don't rightly know, but I've an impression Witcher 3 was more than the sum of its parts on the strength of a renowned author and his well established fantasy lore that explored traditional / medieval trappings that the developer might be familiar with. And they had iterated on the source material before. Cyberpunk 2077, on the other hand, having somewhat outdated tabletop RPG (apparently with 'a lot of typos') as primal source material, will ultimately be less than the sum of its parts, but CD Projekt will try to present the best face anyway with neon bling and technical prowess. And moar sex.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Well, all movements need their poster boys +M
Cope.
Maybe but I doubt it would be awesome enough to justify spending over a grand on a graphics card.
It's not the problem of just spending over a grand on a GPU. It's the problem of said GPU being not very good investment. Previously Nvidia dropped a 699$ GTX 1080 Ti as an answer to Vega 64 (shouldn't have to but even Novideo fell for the hype and they did, who's greedy now?!), and it wasn't matched for another three years in price/performance ratio. 1200$ still uncapable into ray-tracing RTX 2080 Ti on the other hand is meh. If all rumors regarding RTX Ampere turn out to be true, RTX 3080 alone would be great.

Last edited:

alyvain

Learned
Honestly, I think it'll be boring (for me, anyway), but with insane production values. Which is a good thing I guess .

Dramart

Learned
I hope so, that way they can forget about that stinky turd of Witcher, boring characters and generic shit lore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom