Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I think the first Victoria was near perfect.
I haven't had much interest in the newer versions. They look like downgrades to me.

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
If its historical, the following epochs were not covered by Paradox Games so far:

- Copper Age
- Bronze Age
- Bronze Age Collapse
You sure?

513148-chariots-of-war-windows-full-cover.jpg

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
If its historical, the following epochs were not covered by Paradox Games so far:

- Copper Age
- Bronze Age
- Bronze Age Collapse
- Early Iron Age (pre-Alexander era, I suspect Alexander will be a I:R DLC)
- Late Roman Era (AKA Post I:R era, through I highly suspect that will be I:R DLC too)
- Dark Ages/Late Antiquity (say, from the Crisis of the Third Century to Charlemagne)
- Cold War

Paradox games also only cover East Asia n the EU timeline, so this could easily be a East-focused game in the era of say, CKII.
Copper, Bronze and collapse of bronze are boring because you practically have one form of govenment, no variation in trade and stuff like this. It will be literally a map with hundreds of tribes with the same trade and govenment. Even military will be somewhat the same.
If you check early proto-empires, like pre-Chathrage, it was basically a bloated tribe, with grossly ineffective territory control methods.

i wish paradox could see the gigantic leap between your average boringass total war and its warhammer counterpart and act accordingly.
crusader warhammers.
middle earth universalis.
wheelctoria of time.

a man can dream.

Saerain

Augur
Patron
I'd like to believe it's a Triumph property or a new original IP from Paradox itself, but I'm expecting BattleTech or a Vicky/EU/CK sequel.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
FYI the announcement show starts at Saturday 19th, 10AM CET: https://pdxcon.paradoxplaza.com/agenda

Known things:
  • New grand strategy game by PDS
  • Surviving the Aftermath
  • Stellaris mobile MMO
  • Bloodlines 2, Empire of Sin, and probably some DLCs for released games
There will be exclusive demo session for Emperor Ticket holders a day before. They'll be under a "strict" NDA, but who knows.

Honestly, I think whatever they will do, it will probably be fantasy or post-apoc. Something telling me.

I would bet something historical, but:

- I've read somewhere they will never cover modern day, so yeah Cold War game is not happening ever.

- vicky 3 ain't it.

- What is left? Bronze Age, Early Iron Age, Dark Ages.

I think Paradox is too chicken to cover the Dark Ages, partly because of the whole "Muhammad" thing, but also because we really don't know much about the time - which is notable in the horribad Charlemagne start in CKII, which is pretty much a fantasy scenario.

Bronze and Iron Ages aren't popular enough. Most people's knowledge of history in the West starts with Alexander or Rome.

Vatnik Wumao
Honestly, I think whatever they will do, it will probably be fantasy or post-apoc. Something telling me.

I would bet something historical, but:

- I've read somewhere they will never cover modern day, so yeah Cold War game is not happening ever.

- vicky 3 ain't it.

- What is left? Bronze Age, Early Iron Age, Dark Ages.

I think Paradox is too chicken to cover the Dark Ages, partly because of the whole "Muhammad" thing, but also because we really don't know much about the time - which is notable in the horribad Charlemagne start in CKII, which is pretty much a fantasy scenario.

Bronze and Iron Ages aren't popular enough. Most people's knowledge of history in the West starts with Alexander or Rome.
Guess they could go for a more detailed, but geographically restricted CK spinoff focused around Japan or the British Isles akin to Total War Shogun and Thrones of Britannia respectively. The CK model has the most potential of all Paradox titles in moving beyond being a map painting simulator.

Aemar

Arcane
Jihadi/Ghazi Sultans: Payback is a bitch!, a spiritual successor to CK 2, since Crusader is no longer a viable term in Cuckland.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Society.Inc - custom make your own corporation, from fast-food to construction to mass-media to cornflakes to robot makers, and conquer The Market(s) using all assets, yours and not yet yours. Make World your loyal bitch customer!

End Goal: Dethrone The Mouse and make SW expanded universe cannon again

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
FYI the announcement show starts at Saturday 19th, 10AM CET: https://pdxcon.paradoxplaza.com/agenda

Known things:
  • New grand strategy game by PDS
  • Surviving the Aftermath
  • Stellaris mobile MMO
  • Bloodlines 2, Empire of Sin, and probably some DLCs for released games
There will be exclusive demo session for Emperor Ticket holders a day before. They'll be under a "strict" NDA, but who knows.

Streaming schedule: https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

(All times are in local Berlin time (CEST))

Saturday
twitch.tv/ParadoxInteractive
10:00 ANNOUNCEMENT SHOW

11:30 New Title from PDS
12:00 TBA
12:30 Europa Universalis: An Alternate History of the Game
13:00 Cities Skylines City Builder Premier and “Inside the episode” Panel
13:30 War stories - from the frontline of game development
14:30 Planetfall: World Building for the Future
15:00 Romero Games will make you a game you can’t refuse…
15:30 Those Metaling Kids: A Look at BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
16:00 Rome wasn't built in a day
16:30 The World of Darkness
17:00 Bloodlines 2 Development update
17:30 Hearts of Iron IV: News from the Front
18:00 Stellaris: A Signal from the Future
18:30 The High Council of Grand Strategy

twitch.tv/PDXCON
12:30 To Be Announced
14:00 Stellaris: Ark of Asciension Clash
16:30 Age of Wonders: Planetfall
18:00 Prison Architect
19:30 BattleTech: Heavy Metal

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Makabb right again in 3... 2....1.....

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom