Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

JDR13

Arcane
Meh... I'd much rather have something like Horizon Zero Dawn or Days Gone.

*Edit* Awe... did I evoke some butthurt among the Kojima fans?

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
So is there any worthwhile games for this waste of 400 bucks, aside from Bloodborne?

j2inQvs.jpg
The Last Guardian (2016), successor to Ico (2001) and Shadow the Colossus (2005)+M

ZLIFy6h.jpg

RqLKCIa.jpg

Non-exclusives: Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir (released on PS3), Nier: Automata (released on PC), and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (released on PC).

Gerrard

Arcane
When is PS5 coming out again? I thought it would be coinciding with that, but "early summer" doesn't seem likely.

Sentinel

Arcane
So is there any worthwhile games for this waste of 400 bucks, aside from Bloodborne?

j2inQvs.jpg
The Last Guardian (2016), successor to Ico (2001) and Shadow the Colossus (2005)+M

ZLIFy6h.jpg

RqLKCIa.jpg

Non-exclusives: Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir (released on PS3), Nier: Automata (released on PC), and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (released on PC).
I have to agree. I didn't like SotC despite liking Ico. Last Guardian was a lovely experience that'll remain with me for many years to come. My favorite Ueda game.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

j2inQvs.jpg
Only for people who are not edgy, stuck up Codexians.

Do share a couple of those titles with us, then!
I'm not gonna. Just look up PS4 exclusives, they all turned out great (with Days Gone the exception). Of course people here hate them because muh monocled Codexian taste!!!44434343

Egosphere

Arcane

j2inQvs.jpg

I'm not gonna. Just look up PS4 exclusives, they all turned out great (with Days Gone the exception). Of course people here hate them because muh monocled Codexian taste!!!44434343

I have a ps4 and the only game worth playing really is Bloodborne (though I'm not really disappointed, Bloodborne is phenomenal imo)

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

j2inQvs.jpg

Why are you like this J_C?
Horizon Zero Game Awards was completely overshadowed by BotW.
I already gave a detailed explanation, in their threads, why Last of Us and God of War are bad and mediocre games respectively.
Uncharted 4 is another Uncharted game - a fun, casual and linear game that while certantely better than the rest of the "cinematic" experiences available is still a game you just play once then throw in garbage bin.
Aside from Yakuza 6, every game of the series can be played on PC.
The SMT series has been in non-stop decline since Nocturne, so there's no reason to pick up Persona 5.
Spider-Man plays pretty much like the Arkham games.
Ratchet & Clank and Shadow of the Colussus are remakes.
Last Guardian is Team Ico's worst "game" yet. And it has even less replayability than their other titles.
So again, besides Bloodborne what worthwhile games are we left with?

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Only superficially. And only someone who only watched gameplay on youtube can say this. The gameplay is much worse than Arkham Knight. Both combat and stealth.

I played a bit on a friend's PS4. When I said it plays like the Arkham series, I wasn't just talking about the combat, despite the similarities being most apparent there (both in controls and enemy design). But even how mission, skills and levels are designed and their progression was very reminiscent of my time with Arkham City.

Tehdagah

Arcane

j2inQvs.jpg

I already gave a detailed explanation, in their threads, why Last of Us and God of War are bad and mediocre games respectively.
Uncharted 4 is another Uncharted game - a fun, casual and linear game that while certantely better than the rest of the "cinematic" experiences available is still a game you just play once then throw in garbage bin.
The SMT series has been in non-stop decline since Nocturne, so there's no reason to pick up Persona 5.
Last Guardian is Team Ico's worst "game" yet. And it has even less replayability than their other titles.
Ratchet & Clank isn't a remake.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
besides Bloodborne what worthwhile games are we left with?
Bloodborne is alright. Good art design and enemies and shit. But, game is lacking.
Also runs like utter ass even on a PS4 pro with constant stuttering. There is no PS4 exclusive that is actual worth owning a PS4 for. Though Lost Legacy was a decent Tomb Raider.

Egosphere

Arcane
Cool to see that Yoji Shinkawa worked on it. Might get a cool sumi-e artbook out of this. Although their mgsv one had 3d renders slapped all over the place lol

Ezekiel

Arcane
I'm betting the characters are awkward, like Kiefer Sutherland in MGS5. Snake was so quiet in that game. There's no way they had these expensive stars in the recording booth as much as normal voice actors.

I'm not excited. I think Kojima's stuff has been kinda weak since MGS3, fifteen years ago. Personally, I liked his worlds better when the consoles weren't so powerful and he had to make the environments more linear and tight. I also find his style more pretentious than it was fifteen years ago. The fame changed him creatively.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

j2inQvs.jpg

All the games you listed are good to great games. So what if they are not the best ever, or you remakes? If you have a PS4, you will have a lot of fun with them. Basically it is a lie that Bloodborne is the only game worth owning on that system.

JDR13

Arcane

You realize your "detailed explanation" is nothing but your opinion, right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom