Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo Immortal - MMO ARPG for mobile platforms - massive butthurt at Blizzcon

Generic-Giant-Spider

I still find it of great amusement that the series which inspired the term "Diablo clone" has become a clone of a Diablo clone.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
http://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/179794841406/thoughts-on-the-diablo-immortal

Essentially, Blizzard "doesn't shirk on quality" and a few people said they liked it. Somehow this makes the game's quality good in GameDev's eyes.
I almost threw up after the ass licking first paragraph and couldn't continue. Like Blizzard is infallibe. Let's just forget about the decreasing quality of the new World of Warcraft expansions, splitting Starcraft 2 into 3 parts and writing ridiculous stories to the games and of course making lootboxes mainstream and popular with Overwatch. Yeah, Blizzard is the God of game developers.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I was disappointed when my father said that he was just going to get some cigarettes, and never came back, but this is on another level of disappointment.
Yikes my bros.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I saw this on the blitz forum:
Apologize me if I'm posting in wrong section. I can't find forum for DI.

Blizzard please consider this. I don't play games on mobile device. They're kinda too small in visual and inconvenient in controls. Will you consider adding mouse and keyboard support for this game so I (and surely many others) can play this game in more familiar way to Diablo franchise? Also Android TV Box and/or Bluestacks support is appreciated.

I actually installed that blustacks to my bros laptop. It worked but I was barely interested. I guess it brings mobile to your computer. Like an emulator I guess? I haven’t booted it up as I bet you must be online for it to work. So, it’d be like a lame D3 if support for blue stacks was enabled.

Bleh!

I don’t suppose there was good support for mod loading or front end loading for Diablo 2 on Win10? It’s been 4-5 years since my xp machine bit the dust and I just don’t recall how well D2 hold up today. Best mods still available.

I’ll have to face the facts, after watching vids on D3, that it looks too happy/friendly and I’m not fond of its mechanics. and DI... just
acs%20duck.png

NO!!

Last edited:

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I saw this on the blitz forum:
Apologize me if I'm posting in wrong section. I can't find forum for DI.

Blizzard please consider this. I don't play games on mobile device. They're kinda too small in visual and inconvenient in controls. Will you consider adding mouse and keyboard support for this game so I (and surely many others) can play this game in more familiar way to Diablo franchise? Also Android TV Box and/or Bluestacks support is appreciated.

I actually installed that blustacks to my bros laptop. It worked but I was barely interested. I guess it brings mobile to your computer. Like an emulator I guess? I haven’t booted it up as I bet you must be online for it to work. So, it’d be like a lame D3 if support for blue stacks was enabled.
Yeah, Bluestacks works pretty well. I used it for a while, when developing for mobile.
But the only reason to get it outside of development is when you want to play a game on your PC that is only on mobile. ?????

GrainWetski

Arcane

Wunderbar

Arcane
they said Twitcher3 was inspired by Skyrim so you're not far from truth.
no, it is inspired by Gothic.
but in the end it was more like Skyrim.
Yes, it was like Skyrim just with superior writing, superior characters, vastly superior quests. So not skyrim at all.
"superior" doesn't mean "not like skyrim". Gothic games were all about small, but highly detailed open world and using enemy placements as progression roadblocks.
Both skyrim and witcher 3 are all about lame autoleveling.

Aemar

Arcane
I still find it of great amusement that the series which inspired the term "Diablo clone" has become a clone of a Diablo clone.
If only the people in charge of Blizzard these days could read this line. Such an embarassing state of things for a company that played a crucial role in the PC gaming industry.

Aildrik

Savant
If only the people in charge of Blizzard these days could read this line. Such an embarassing state of things for a company that played a crucial role in the PC gaming industry.

It is a sad cycle, but it seems no company is immune. You look at early Blizzard and it was, top down, game loving devs. When a company gets really successful the way Blizzard did you end up with design by committee, clueless bean-counting soul sucking accountants and number crunchers in positions of authority and the vision is just lost. You can see so many examples looking at Vanilla compared to later expansions. Dungeon design really stands out. The dungeons in Vanilla were much more epic in scope. BRD looked and felt like a city, or part of a city. It wasn't designed with a 30 minute cap in mind, or "oh no... players might get lost!" nonsense that gave us linear dungeons later on.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane

It is a sad cycle, but it seems no company is immune. You look at early Blizzard and it was, top down, game loving devs. When a company gets really successful the way Blizzard did you end up with design by committee, clueless bean-counting soul sucking accountants and number crunchers in positions of authority and the vision is just lost. You can see so many examples looking at Vanilla compared to later expansions. Dungeon design really stands out. The dungeons in Vanilla were much more epic in scope. BRD looked and felt like a city, or part of a city. It wasn't designed with a 30 minute cap in mind, or "oh no... players might get lost!" nonsense that gave us linear dungeons later on.

Yeah, you got that feel of worldbuilding, now it feels like design by flowchart and checkboxes

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Yeah they're just using Blizzards reputations and IPs to sell Tencent garbage, its a complete bait and switch, not a single person fell for it going by the photos that came out of blizzcon.
Come release day a huge amount of Blizzard fanboys are going to be downloading this game. Mark my words.

Mazisky

Magister
Official response from Blizzard on Reddit and both EU\US forums:

Basically they are saying that Diablo 4 is being worked on but they can't announce it officially, at least in my reading.

"Hey, everyone,

We just wanted to let you know, there are still ongoing discussions as we’re studying your feedback; stay tuned for further thoughts.

We’d like to seize this opportunity to comment on something that’s important to us. Nobody is ‘deleting negative posts’ (just look at the first pages of the forum). Actually, we have been diligently poring over ‘negative feedback posts’ these last days as they are really useful for our reports. We read every thread, every sentence and we relay your sentiment so that informed decisions can be made. Personally, I must admit it’s frustrating to witness disappointment, while the future for Diablo is honestly so awesome. You are still missing important pieces from the bigger picture right now and there’s a reason people are repeating the ‘multiple projects’ line. ;)

However, posts that might be deleted are, as always, posts that ignore our Code of Conduct and that would hinder the forum’s purpose as a communications platform: troll posts, harassment posts, low-effort and meme posts, posts with profanity (masked or not), advertisement posts or spam posts, etc. Those posts help no one.

So, please (please!) keep sharing your feedback and be as articulate and civilized as you can. This forum is your stand, your choice to make your voice heard (and every voice matters). Use it wisely and constructively."

J1M

Arcane
"We are not deleting posts, unless they are funny or true." -blizzard customer service

GrainWetski

Arcane

Many of us over the last few years have shifted from playing primarily desktop to playing many hours on mobile. We have many of our best developers now working on new mobile titles across all of our IPs.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom