Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The first obvious slip-up is that back In December 2011, I expected Dragon Commander to ship in 2012 whereas now it turns out that it’s going to ship only in may or june 2013.

In case you are wondering (and you didn’t read the memo), Divinity: Orginal Sin was initially also scheduled to be released in 2012. Nobody believed us, but that didn’t really matter – we (well I) believed it until… well until we all fell in love with our own RPG and then went completely berserk on its features, leading to a big scale increase with all the inevitable delays as a consequence. Not that I’m worrying – the game really is turning out to be a gem and if we can manage to keep on finding the funds to support its development, so we don’t have to scale down again, we could have a hit on our hands. Obviously, we should aim to release it in 2013

The two obvious predictions are that Divinity: Original Sin and Divinity: Dragon Commander are going to ship. We have target dates for each and we’ll have to see if we manage to reach them. Obviously, the delays are costing us cash, so we cannot delay much more, but looking at the games, I don’t think the need to delay further will be there.

I assume everybody knows that we pretty much invested everything we have in Divinity: Original Sin and Divinity: Dragon Commander, meaning that we’re betting the entire company with these releases. That’s a risk but also vote of confidence in the abilities of this team to bring this to a good end. I’m really counting on writing about the fantastic reception both games had when the date will be december 2013 and I’m absolutely looking forward to the day that I’ll be playing the final versions of both games.

Like that thing I mentioned.

Zeriel

Arcane
Yeah, that is a little scary seeing them say stuff like that. I love their games (unlike you), but it's always a bit... unsettling when someone says they're literally going to go out of business if one product flops. Hell, especially if you like them, that's bad.

Still, this is what people are always wishing developers would do, right? Make the best game they can, and damn the consequences?

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
550721_555704257789244_599878529_n.jpg

This^ is fucking retarded, because they made the armor two times bigger, than the actual body size. They should made fitting armor for women breasts instead and not be suggestive jerks to hustle their stupid bikini armor.
facepalm.jpg

Are you really that dumb?

Renevent

Cipher
These two games are among my most anticipated games of the year. I hope they come through and yeah, risking the company on these games releases stinks but from what I've seen so far I think they will do fine.

Renevent

Cipher
I think the picture was purposely made that way to start the discussion, not as an accurate representation of what they are going to put in the game. Especially the heavy armor one, that's so purposely exaggerated it's obvious.

This was made on their official forums to spur a debate...they do this stuff fairly often.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
tumblr_lnmmntsTa01qexd7wo1_500.jpg

There^ you go fucktards.

:4/5:

Armor concentrated where it will protect vital organs. Not so bulky you'd be too tired to fight after walking through the wilderness for days in it. I approve. Could use a chain coif for 5/5 rating.

:incline:

Wasteland 2
"Yeah bikini armor is not realistic, but looks good, right boys?"

It is exactly what it is. Both armors are ready assets, they've just shopped her onto that dude's armor for comedy value.
Whether bikini armor is a good thing, or not, doesn't matter in this context, since Larian is not going to abandon their bikini armors for sure ;)

I for example, cannot into this kind of lighthearted art direction aimed at 12-15 y.o. boys anymore.
But characters are going to be tiny here, so at least it'll be easy to not pay attention to that.

Black

Arcane
:4/5:

Armor concentrated where it will protect vital organs. Not so bulky you'd be too tired to fight after walking through the wilderness for days in it. I approve. Could use a chain coif for 5/5 rating.

:incline:
I'd chain her if you know what I mean:smug:

Murk

Arcane
That video of in-game footage looks fucking great. I'm stoked as fuck for these two games.

Zeriel

Arcane
Gotta say, this European thing where you just mysteriously conjure money out of thin air and self-publish your own games seems like it might result in some real gems with Age of Wonders 3 & Larian's forthcoming projects.

Gotta say, this European thing where you just mysteriously conjure money out of thin air and self-publish your own games seems like it might result in some real gems with Age of Wonders 3 & Larian's forthcoming projects.

Yeah, because it worked so well so far.

ancient_marble_head_and_greek_flag_-_greece_GC-24-ACS-1054.jpg

But I'm just kidding. At least it's not as bad as what happened to Banner Saga.

Murk

Arcane
Oh. I thought some weird drama unfolded from jew master's comment.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I thought Banner Saga went pay to win, but I haven't been following the project closely.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom