Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age - official Codex verdict

Lumpy

Arcane
Guys, I was away for a couple of days and I don't feel like reading a 30 page thread.
So what's the Codex consensus?

Andhaira

Arcane
From what I can gather the codex is pleasantly surprised and thinks its a better game than the witcher. Only flaw ppl have mentioned is the graphics.

relootz

Scholar
AndhairaX said:
From what I can gather the codex is pleasantly surprised and thinks its a better game than the witcher. Only flaw ppl have mentioned is the graphics.

I think this is still in debate. Some people say its better, some say it isnt.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Better than Witcher is not an achievement. But yeah I can see why - TW wasn't mature enough to show animated fucking.

Black

Arcane
Another biowhore turd, except this time ea had also something to do with it.

Most people disliked it vehemently. Trash and Vault Dweller especially loathed it and, in a nutshell, declared this to be the CRPG's final degradation.

Dionysus

Scholar
relootz said:
AndhairaX said:

I think this is still in debate. Some people say its better, some say it isnt.
Yeah, but only Polish nationals dispute the superiority of DA. They don't really count.

Imbecile

Arbiter
I think that rather than looking for a Codex perspective, you're probably better off looking for the views of a few codexers that you share RPG tastes with. The Codex seems a little schizophrenic at the moment. :P

CrusaderTemplar

Liturgist
I say, find a relative or friend who works in EA games and get the discount :P Also it's good for one shot playthrough then throw out all replayability out the door. I also advice being drunk beforehand.

Vibalist

Arcane
let's hope morons like Black, Racofer and Skyway pack up and leave soon. Any semblance of a good discussion regarding this game is ruined by their constant bitching. Anyway, good game. Pretty standard Bioware fare, but with certain improvements in areas that matter, such as a very detailed and interesting Codex, characters that are definitely a notch or two above those in Kotor or Jade Empire and some interesting opportunites for roleplaying with some c&c.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's like NWN 1.5 -the D&D license. Bits are good (companion interactions, some quests) other things are pure shit (combat, lame uninspired loot, level scaling, loot)
other things are worse than shit (Joining, Terminator 2 Golem shenanigans, Three Dog like skill use in dialog)

Texas Red

Whiner
It's simply a great game, though I have played for about 10 hours only. It is a major improvement over ME or any other Bio game. I'd go so far and to say it's much better than Witcher. The scope is truly surprising and the game is huge. The Origins, specifically, are a great addition to the genre and perhaps the first time they have been actually done. You will probably have a new beginning every time you'd want to replay. No more retarded tutorial dialogs.

I didn't bother reading those megathreads because, as usual, they've been ruined by skyway and his gang. Not to sound cliche, but get a life and stop your constant reposting. Ban them.

Play through it yourself and decide if the cutscenes and dialogs are good or bad. Don't listen to others before you play as it is going to spoil your experience.

Silellak

Cipher
Vibalist said:
Anyway, good game. Pretty standard Bioware fare, but with certain improvements in areas that matter, such as a very detailed and interesting Codex, characters that are definitely a notch or two above those in Kotor or Jade Empire and some interesting opportunites for roleplaying with some c&c.

Vibalist

Arcane

Black

Arcane
Vibalist said:
Hi there. Do you ever get tired of not having a life?
How could I get tired of something I do not have?
Do you ever get tired of not playing soccer?

Joe Krow

Erudite
Since you can't be bothered to read the X^2 threads on the game, I thought I'd offer a neutral observers, uhhh... observations. Thus far it seems to boil down to:

DA is a linear soap opera with a plot that may or may not make any sense [extreme nit-picking has ensued]. Opinions on the quality of the abundant dialogue seem to vary. Most agree that it is an improvement over Bioware's more recent offering [fans being fans]. Of course Dragon Age offers the typical Bioware innovations-

Choice\
Choice>Next Set Piece
Choice/

~or (on rare occasions)~

Choice>Flavor Text>Next Set Piece

As far as I know there is no way to alter the character's lot in life. Once your origin ends you board the next train and either enjoy the ride or come here and bitch.

As far as I know no one has finished the game to see if there is any real variety in the finale.

The real question is: Is this game good enough, enough of a return to form, to warrant a purchase by someone who has lost all interest in Bioware's little dramas. Nothing in any of the threads suggests the improvement is that dramatic.

PS: Vault Dweller seems to have lost all perspective and replaced his "how does it compare to Arcanum" standard with a vague "it's good for what it is" criteria. A clear decline. Money may be involved. He is no longer to be trusted.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
LOLOLLOLOL CONSOLE KIDDIES THINK IT IS LAME THAT WE TELL THE TRYUTH ABOUT DRAGON AGE BEEING A PEACE OF SHIT I CALLED IT MONTHS AGO AND I AM RIGHT LIKE MY BRO SKYWAY YOU GUYS WANT REASONS HERE IS SOME HARDCORE LOGICAL FOOLPROOF REVIEW!?!??!!?

COMBAT IS SHIT GRAPHICS ARE SHIT STORY IS BANAL BORING SHIT GRITTY NEXT GEN CONSOLETARD BUT NOT IN A COOL PRINS OF PERSIA WAY IN CONCLUSION IT IS OBVIOUS THE GAME IS A PEACE OF SHIT YOU FUCKERS CANT HANDLE FACTS AND LOGIC

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom