Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Codex Year of the Donut
Also little funfact to show how far ahead Bethesda plans. Or not.

Remember that legendary mask you could get from the early quest? Making it, and only that thing, a 6th armor piece? Bethesda realized that it is now the "best in slot" item for player's heads. And since they swore to only sell cosmetic items without stats in the cash shop... nobody will ever buy any headwear anymore!
Solution: mask gets retroactively downgraded to a clothing item without stats for everyone.
:hearnoevil:
How hard would it be to give it a makeshift vanity slot so you can wear the mask but have it look like cosmetic helmets?
The head slot already is a vanity slot for everything but power armor. Some dev just accidentally ticked a box when creating the item that he shouldn't have.
It was the only head slot piece in the game that had a bonus at all, rewarded from a quest you can complete in like the first hour of playing, and people were surprised when it was fixed.

And they already do what you suggested for 'outfits', btw. They override whatever gear you're wearing to show an outfit instead.

Codex Year of the Donut
If they saw a way to make money with it they'd probably do it. It's likely near the top of their list of shit to do now.

Gregz

Arcane
Bliblablubb I got told this is a 'god roll', thoughts? What's it worth?
0v1IU8N.png

woops, cropped out the name/type
It's an Unyielding Robot Right Arm(Study, I think?)

This is pretty handy https://fed76.info/armors/

Gregz

Arcane
The only "meta" that is in question would be bloodied (and maybe junkies), because bloodied just outclasses everything. If I use the LMG I posted above from stealth, I deal 5 digit dmg numbers and Beth's shitty PvP "anti cheat" dmg cap is triggered, locking them at 1hp for a while. Even before the VATS bug that does that all the time now.

But that's independent from what weapon you want to use, so you can safely pick whatever you want (unless you are a min/maxer). And commando with a silenced handmade is very meta right now. Went through too much 5.56 ammo for my tastes tho, so I did not opt for it.

I'm confused, you get better ammo economy with an LMG than you did with a handmade?

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I'm confused, you get better ammo economy with an LMG than you did with a handmade?
Heh nooooooo, of course not. The only weapon with even more appetite is the minigun. It's just MY specific LMG is B25 (bloodied + 25% firerate), so it just blurts out shots so fast, the first 20 or so shots count as sneak attack. That's a lot of dakka.
LMG is the sportscar you only drive on a sunny sunday. I love that gun, but I wouldn't recommend ANYONE to use it as a main weapons. The .308 ammo can only be build in.. 24 or so batches. For the resources you would get 500 5mm for. I ONLY primed it, because I get 96 ammo per batch. At the cost of having to hunt for fluorescent flux like junkie. Sad.

The handmade has FAR better ammo efficiency. But since you VATS for the head and let "concentrated fire" work it's magic, depending on the legendary mods/enemy you can plan with 3-5 or so shots per enemy. As opposed to 1 shot 1 kill with single shots.
BUT, if that's your only weapon you can easily feed it with newly made ammo. I already had to feed "Mai Waifu" and "Fiddycal", there was no way I would craft ammo for yet another auto weapon. :hahano:

This just dropped off the SBQ, is it worth respeccing for?
Why respec? It's a great weapon for the SBQ, you would only need "power user" to get 999 shots per core. The dmg is relatively low on those guns, so the heavy gunner ones are not THAT important. I only use the 3 in their base version.
The spinup and low dmg makes it a bad general use gun, but excells against the SBQ where endurance is the key. It will break halfway in tho, those things are fragile. Bring a repair kit (from the SBQ).
Don't put a beam focuser on it tho, or it will turn your beautifuru green lasers into the standard red ones. Because... Bethesda. :argh:

Codex Year of the Donut
You guys, losers using guns:
"bla bla bla my ammo economy bla bla bla this fires faster bla bla bla need to make ammo bla bla bla aim for the head..."

Me, a patrician melee user:
"HIT THING WITH GROGNAK AXE"

Bliblablubb

Arcane
THIS is what happens if Bethesda makes a MINIgun: it comes with only one barrel, extra barrels need to be bought seperately. You can't make this shit up. :hahano:
tG7ULKS.jpg

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Is the Gauss minigun good?
Let me recap the first thought I had while testing it:

"Mommy! I am scared." :cry:

Seriously WTF. That thing has the legendary mods "assplosive" AND "furryious" already built in. Enemies splatter apart.. well actually how they should when hit with a minigun. It's pretty frightening at times how easy you go through them.
And ammo isn't as bad as all the whiners constantly say. Sure, 5 lead and 15 steel for a meager 27 shots (which equals to 1 second of fun) is not much, but it does not need gunpowder. Anyone wants to buy 600 acid? I might kinda sorta not need it anymore. :hahano:

10/10, would cheat grind to get again.

Gregz

Arcane
Is the Gauss minigun good?
Let me recap the first thought I had while testing it:

"Mommy! I am scared." :cry:

Seriously WTF. That thing has the legendary mods "assplosive" AND "furryious" already built in. Enemies splatter apart.. well actually how they should when hit with a minigun. It's pretty frightening at times how easy you go through them.
And ammo isn't as bad as all the whiners constantly say. Sure, 5 lead and 15 steel for a meager 27 shots (which equals to 1 second of fun) is not much, but it does not need gunpowder. Anyone wants to buy 600 acid? I might kinda sorta not need it anymore. :hahano:

10/10, would cheat grind to get again.

Where are you getting all that steel?

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
The uranium fever event is a good way to get weapons to scrap, btw. There's a weapons bench right outside of the area it happens in to scrap things.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Where are you getting all that steel?
'dexi is a professional looter. Strips corpses down in 0.5 seconds flat. :obviously:
Well, in FO4 she could, including clothes.

But seriously, it's just looting weapons/armor and picking up everything remotely steel-ish, using a silenced 10mm to save the good ammo. Especially low areas you can quickly breeze through, like Camden park.
A quick round around "Top of the world" takes 15 mins or so. 20-30 scorched/molemen, weapons lying around, pencils/weights for lead and ski sticks for aluminium. Some plans from the raider market street as bonus.
If I have another 15 I do a speedrun of West-Tek. After a few times you know exactly where every mutant stands and can do it with your eyes closed.
And if I reallllllly need lead I go to the Lucky Hole mine. Tell the interloper I said "hi".
Also half of my ammo comes from super duper I guess.

The uranium fever event is a good way to get weapons to scrap, btw.
Just be a team player and only tag the supervisors and inform the others to do that too. Everyone is there for the extra legendaries to scrip after all.

Funfact: apparently I blew through 15k fiddycal ammo when I played through the DLC. While counting the 2mm EC ammo I noticed 'dexi carries 3 50cals around.. but only 500 shots of ammo. WTF? :hahano:

Codex Year of the Donut
Someone asked in chat why they didn't nuke whitesprings, someone else said maybe they just missed. It reminded me of my (very old) professor I had in a university mathematics class and a one-off story he talked about during class. He worked for the pentagon at one point during the cold war, we had nukes accidentally aimed directly at norway because the calculations didn't factor in the rotation of the earth
honkhonk.png

No idea if it was true, but the guy never made anything else up so I'd assume it was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom