Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gather your questions for an Outer Worlds leads interview

Risewild

Arbiter
will there be mod support so we can fix the bugs in a game we paid for?
No.
I4dXS1f.jpg

Vladimuar

Savant
What about sneak attacks? Will it be possible to plant bombs on sexy NPCs with round butts? Their pants are so tight...

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Will it have gay transexual romances? For example, will i be able to start with a male character, make a sex change operation, and date females as a trans female character?
The real question is whether you can be a trans-nigger or not, you transracephobe. We need to be able to both change our sex and our race, and we also need to have an explicit entry on our sheets for sexuality, so that too can be changed explicitly.

I am also interested in whether or not we'll actually be able to be """morbidly""" obese this time around, and whether we're able to play as the differently abled, and if so, if we'll be able to actually make ourselves trans-abled if we aren't already

End thin priviliege and pave the way for trans-ableism, it's time to dethrone well-adjusted and psychologically sound white men!

Edit: Pomenitul and Infinitron both confirmed to be thin-privlieged ableists transphobes that hate diversity. They should be banned and lose their jobs.
Follow-up question: Will we be able to tie the game to our Twitter accounts to make updates every time we change pronouns, so we can virtue-signal in real time?

This is important.

Jinn

Arcane
It's a matter to be despairing about - how fucked in the head most of this godforsaken industry is, that people who should be educated, intelligent and reasonable see talking on a purely free forum with free discourse as a threat. And there are rats like you who want to "tone it down" - tone what down? You want this to be dime-a-dozen forum where everything is moderated, and people like Infinitron engage in mass PR operation to castrate all forms of thought for brownie points with AAA developers?
Codex is supposed not to scale to your level.

I was mainly referring to stuff like alluding to jerking off to feet pics of someone who is a coworker of Cain, etc. I'll admit, I'm a dirty rat who prefers open discourse with a developer over high-caliber foot-fetish humor.

Either way, do you think I would have stayed on the codex for so long if I didn't appreciate its environment of free speech? You can still show some discretion and self-control in such a realm though. That's ultimately up to the individual, and I greatly respect that freedom is in place here.

Like I said, it's too bad on both sides. It's terrible that someone working in the political climate of the United States right now has to ever be concerned about their intentions and beliefs being misconstrued based on where they chose to have their discussions. That is the bigger tragedy. But just like in any conversation in life, I'm willing to compromise on a way of communicating that is going to allow a conversation to begin and keep going, rather than make some dirty joke that'd probably be fun to say, but make the majority of those around me shake their head and walk away.

Last edited:
The Real Fanboy
Thanks so much for doing this AwesomeButton! You're totally awesome lol! Ok, here are my questions:

1. Do you like Brockhampton?

2. Since i’m a girl irl (in real life) and also like to play girls afrl (away from real life), can you give your girl protagonists space buns (a super trendy irl hairstyle fyi) with pastel hair tips in the outer worlds character creator?

3. Can you change your characters appearance after character creation?

4. How many hairstyle options are there and how long can you make your characters hair?

5. Did you learn anything from watching the development of Deadfire that helped you in the development of The Outer Worlds?

6. Tim and Leonard you are such relationship goals! What is the secret to keeping such a long friendship for so long?

(Bonus question: Which do you think is better Kanye’s MDTF (my beautiful dark twisted fantasy) or Yeezus and why?)​

Thx, :heart emoji:

Last edited:

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
...people who should be educated, intelligent and reasonable see talking on a purely free forum with free discourse as a threat.
The real question is whether you can be a trans-nigger or not, you transracephobe. We need to be able to both change our sex and our race, and we also need to have an explicit entry on our sheets for sexuality, so that too can be changed explicitly.
God, yeah, I really wonder these educated, intelligent and reasonable people don't want to come to this forum. Why would they not want to take part in such enlightened discourse!

Did you ever think that maybe they just don't want to deal with a bunch of stupid ass fucking morons who act like ADHD high schoolers?

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
...people who should be educated, intelligent and reasonable see talking on a purely free forum with free discourse as a threat.
God, yeah, I really wonder these educated, intelligent and reasonable people don't want to come to this forum. Why would they not want to take part in such enlightened discourse!
As opposed to your own high-quality trend-setting in the public consciousness as a consummate purveyor and consumer of high-minded intellectual discourse in the great public venues of our time, where agreement is rigorously enforced by fellow echo-commissars such as yourself. Far would it be for me to disagree or question such an imposing personage such as yourself.

My deepest, most sincere and most heartfelt apologies, I humble myself and beg forgiveness, groveling at your most magnanimous feet in an appeal to your endless generosity and enlightenment. Truly and in truth, your wit is legendary and unquestionable, and the language of the peasantry and the sarcasms of the bourgeois is an affront to all good taste; an insult to you and yours divine academia. I am not worthy even of your condemnation, let alone stand in the shadow of your most illustrious greatness.

:negative:

Fag.

Big Wrangle

People pretending to be smarter than what they are will always be the funniest sight on the internet.

TheShadyLurker

Scholar
Thanks so much for doing this AwesomeButton! You're totally awesome lol! Ok, here are my questions:

1. Do you like Brockhampton?

2. Since i’m a girl irl (in real life) and also like to play girls afrl (away from real life), can you give your girl protagonists space buns (a super trendy irl hairstyle fyi) with pastel hair tips in the outer worlds character creator?

3. Can you change your characters appearance after character creation?

4. How many hairstyle options are there and how long can you make your characters hair?

5. Did you learn anything from watching the development of Deadfire that helped you in the development of The Outer Worlds?

6. Tim and Leonard you are such relationship goals! What is the secret to keeping such a long friendship for so long?

(Bonus question: Which do you think is better Kanye’s MDTF (my beautiful dark twisted fantasy) or Yeezus and why?)​

Thx, :heart emoji:

You are easily the greatest gimmick poster in this forum at the moment.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
there's just something about your post that lets me know your under 5'9" but tell everyone your actually 6'0"
Even less, actually. I only manage to be 5'9 on Saturdays.

There is something about your posts that makes me go for dumb jokes. It's not anyone's fault.

Corvinus

Arcane
Enough with the useless questions already! There's only one that craves an answer: Will it feature tasteful rape?

Quillon

Arcane
Saw some Rapetidons in the gameplay vid, don't know if they taste good.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Some questions about the challenges obsidian faces:

FPS combat is notoriously hard to get right, with even experienced developers often failing to provide a "kinetic" feel to the action, Id being the exception with the recent doom and wolfenstein series. Isn't it a huge risk to devite from obsidians traditionally more stat/skill driven combat for an outright action fps combat system?

Sandbox open world games are the industry standard for rpgs and action adventure games, with developers from AAA to indie having trouble with filling huge worlds with compelling content. Obsidian on the other hand is known for making tighter narrative driven experiences, with new Vegas being an outlier. Small worlds are usually easier to fill and design around, how is obsidian going about making sure their world is filled with interesting quests instead of boring busy body work?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here's an important question. We know a bit about who the game's writers are. But who are its area designers/quest designers? Just as important if not moreso.

Oracsbox

Was making Unreal Engine 4 look utter shit a challenge ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom