Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kastle. Fortress. Dwarf Fortress.

hello friend

Arcane
Grimwulf said:
various exploit explanations
Thanks for the explanation, that was interesting and also very gamey. Ended up reading up on repeaters, wave repeaters look pretty cool. Are you planning to automate anything at a later date? Perhaps a job for Sukha?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Grimwulf said:
various exploit explanations
Thanks for the explanation, that was interesting and also very gamey. Ended up reading up on repeaters, wave repeaters look pretty cool. Are you planning to automate anything at a later date? Perhaps a job for Sukha?

Aye, we will definitely need power. Building a waterwheel or a windmill isn't difficult at all, but power generation is useless if we have nothing to power up.

Later on we'll see Sukhavati going full engineer on Redlabored, putting those skills to good use. Right now we should focus on more pressing matters, like Kommissar's Quarters.

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
Keeping such a spreadsheet updated would require major effort, I imagine.
It doesn't need to be constantly up to date. RL censuses are done once in a decade. Once per DF year should be more than enough and you can limit records to skill lvls 3-5+.

Not to mention it would kill the fun of making decisions based on raw intuition.
This is Grimwulf, a legendary wordsmith. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces with spikes of drama. On the item is an image of dwarves in vain. The dwarves are laboring.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Farkin' RL messing with my free time, piece of

My current plan is therefore to try to fudge/misrepresent the numbers or manipulate the minutes of various meetings in such a way to get Grimwulf to open up all priority jobs to everyone, or at least to as many unskilled dwarves as needed to complete them. Failing that, I'll suggest something he can't refuse: total equality. All jobs are equally enabled and prioritized to everyone!

You need to convince either Grimwulf or Helly. Won't be easy.

Roll a d6 with an advantage. If you roll 6, all workers in Redlabored except military dwarves will be assigned to all labors (everyone is free to choose whatever job they want). Otherwise we stick with Helly's algorithm.

advantage means you throw two d6, only one of them needs to be 6 (since you are trying to convince Grimwulf OR Helly

The effect will last one Season.

Also, you have about 12-16 hours to do it before I finally get drunk enough to play next Season.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
q7Ib9ho.png

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
1st Granite, 126, Early Spring
The Outpost
Late Night

TWOnKLq.png
Evruthang iz FINE! Relax Grim! Live a littul, have a drink! See... Iz a problum of motivaishun ok. Not dat im lazy... u just havun challenge me enuff. IF ah bust ASS training the fucks 1) my get TIRED 2) mite sprain ankul kickin butts 3) don see anutha dime! If u wan DEATH DRILLS ah wan BONUS when trader cums, snazzy shit!

lLtAqSI.png
A BONUS? Not only I will cut your wages IN HALF, but I will also close the fucking KITCHEN for you AND your sorry squad! I will make you eat SQUIRREL CORPSES RAW!

KuUlcLF.png
*grumbles* Still better than horse-eye lasagna.

TWOnKLq.png
As for Marko - cant spare him, vitul for oppraishuns an sheit... Guess he CAN kraft sum woodsie weapuns tho - but DAS IT!

lLtAqSI.png
It's all fun and games until the deers come. Then we'll see if you can keep your smug attitude.

TWOnKLq.png
SMAK DIS *grabs crotch*

lLtAqSI.png
HURLY! I want to hear your plan NAW!

1tkud7F.png
So, we're missing all our miners, our carpenter and out kitchen makers. Great. Great indeed.

4o6H0Qw.png
If you're gonna be prissy about it, I could release Mustawd from internship, due to his ineptness, then take on Baud, who is sure to be just as bad, if not worse. Ah, the joys of teaching!

DUelvJM.png
Actually, I had a chat with Baud just recently, and he thinks that Reinhardt should see you more often, doctor Azira. She doesn't seem to mind, judging from her moanings. Hard to tell for sure.

4o6H0Qw.png
What, a volounteer? Of course, I did do a bang-up job with the plastic surgery, so no wonder she comes back for more. What say you, Helly? Ready to make a little exchange?

1tkud7F.png
Well, I know a good deal when I see one! Reinhardt will be a great doctor one day. Now give me back my miner!

4o6H0Qw.png
He's all yours.

lLtAqSI.png
Still waiting for that PLAN, Hairy!

1tkud7F.png
We need people to keep creating the wood factory, I reckon.

4o6H0Qw.png
That's not how we voted. Food District comes first, Kommunalka next, and only after that we focus on "wood factory".

1tkud7F.png
According to our Honored Leader, My global goal is to make all three facilities happen this year. As the manager, I say we start with wood processing facilities.

lLtAqSI.png
After you finish my Quarters, damn you!

1tkud7F.png
Naturally. I will assign Sukhavati and Wayward Son to work on the Wood District. It's their full job for now.

4o6H0Qw.png
What a shame. Your husband was just starting to get good at making charcoal.

dHpW0VV.png

DUelvJM.png
I'm with Helly on this one. Redlabored has more than enough charcoal.

4c6B35u.png

DUelvJM.png
Not to mention we don't even use it.

1tkud7F.png
Thank, you deary. Now... Friend and Baud will be our new carpenters. One of them is bound to get good, eventually. Baud did tell me he wanted to master some craftdwarfship too. And Friend sounds like a creative-minded, dedicated fellow. They'll do.

4o6H0Qw.png
We only have one carpenter's workshop, Helly.

1tkud7F.png
Then it's high time we set up another. Right on the surface.

JpurDe1.png

1tkud7F.png
All. Trees. Must. Be. Mutilated.

4o6H0Qw.png

1tkud7F.png
Processed, I mean.

4o6H0Qw.png
Riiiight.

DUelvJM.png
There is but one way to save our stalling fortress. Remember that this is Kommunism! All this talk of selecting the best worker for the job is missing the point. In Kommunism, everyone must have a job! We don't need no capitalist "beauty" and "functionality" from kulak-like skilled carpenters! Here in KKK, the means of carpentry production is owned by everyone equally!

4o6H0Qw.png
What are you implying, Sqeecoo?

DUelvJM.png
I suggest something you can't refuse: total equality. All jobs are equally enabled and prioritized to everyone!

4o6H0Qw.png
1tkud7F.png
lLtAqSI.png
TWOnKLq.png
KuUlcLF.png

DUelvJM.png
Brilliant, right? Komrades? Dwarves?

4o6H0Qw.png
Hey, Spigot. Why are you not brewing?

KuUlcLF.png
My still is currently occupied. Reinhardt decided she can make some fucking beer from horse eyes and her own tears.

4o6H0Qw.png
I can relate. This morning I was about to tend to Storyfag's wounds - there was an incident involving his foot and Brother Frank's axe, - but alas, I was too late. Wayward Son was already there, trying to stop the bleeding with paper and charcoal.

KuUlcLF.png
Fucking communism, eh? WELL THEN, guess I'll go BUTCHER SOME PUPPIES! And TAN THEIR FUCKING SKINS, because HOW HARD CAN IT BE?

4o6H0Qw.png
Go for it, friend. Meanwhile, I'll build some levers and mechanisms, just to see Sukhavati's reaction.

lLtAqSI.png
Why is nobody building my Quarters?

1tkud7F.png
Ah, you see, nobody feels like building today. Maybe next... year?

DUelvJM.png
Sooo, you don't like my idea..?

4o6H0Qw.png
1tkud7F.png
lLtAqSI.png
KuUlcLF.png
NO!!

TWOnKLq.png
*scratches ass*

lLtAqSI.png
AWRIGHT, that concludes our meeting.

Posting this for those who wanted to see spreadsheets and more hard info. This is what you get. This is what I deal with every day, and I'm not even using this fancy-ass plugin when playing the game. I'm using this instead:

XoD3IZ3.png

Anyway, if you really need to know skill levels and current assignments, here is a little quest compass:

OLBnLNp.png

Are we done here? GOOD.

GODDAMN YOU NERDY FUCKERS, are you REALLY trying to understand this shit?! If that is the case, OF COURSE you have questions! And now I have to chew it down. Fuck me.

I hate my life with passion.

1. Why did you assign Tindrli to stone detailing?

Because he is doing jack shit otherwise. After tinkering with his "don't want to mine" issue, I figured it is what it is - he is not in the mood for mining. Assigning him to stone detailing will make him engrave walls and smooth floors in the barracks. This will increase the created value of our fortress and make third parties more interested in raiding us, which will inevitably lead to Kalin's death and Vazha's entertainment.

2. You forgot to turn off some labors for Kalin's recruits.

I did not. They are allowed to haul stuff and construct walls/floors using stone blocks. If I turn it off, they will be loitering when not training. Which will happen a lot due to Kalin's Speshul Vizun of the training schedule. Most of the dwarves NEED to work, otherwise they get bad thoughts.

3. Helly is assigned as a Farmer ? Why?

Because there is little sense in cutting more trees than we already did. I designate trees for cutting occasionally, but honestly, we have more than enough logs for now. What we don't have is planters. Helly has been assigned to this labor since the day she arrived. Like most our dwarves, she is also hauling and constructing stuff.

4. Reinhardt is a mason?

She is Azira's little helper. Whatever he does - she does as well. Except diagnosing, which is the main purpose of CMD's existence. And butchering/tanning, because she sucks at this. Can't afford to have amateurs working on delicate matters like these. Surgery, though? Totally allowed.

5. Nobody's assigned to milking/beekeeping/lye making/whatever-other-shit

Because we have nothing to milk, no bees to keep, whatever-other-shit to deal with. The only exception here is clothesmaking and weaving (Helly's assignments) - I thought of building a clothier's shop at some point, then reconsidered and forgot to unassign Helly. Made the screenshot, noticed too late, couldn't be arsed to re-crop the whole thing again, WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?! Seriously, GO BACK TO THE FARKIN' UPDATE!
JYXmiA9.png

lLtAqSI.png
And Harry, here's the new order list. Added some commentary so it could sink into yer thicc skull faster.

hurr durr, forgot to add Lagole Lon's training war hammer when taking that screenshot. Already fixed.

rcCoF7W.png

1tkud7F.png
That is a long list of orders, my Kommissar.

lLtAqSI.png
Not as long as THE FUCKING TIME I'VE WASTED HERE TEACHING YOU BRAINLESS BASTARDS HOW TO DO YOU GODDAMN JOB, now GET FUCKING TO IT ALREADY, piece of

8th Granite, 126, Early Spring
Redlabored, Barracks

JqfLGsi.png

TWOnKLq.png
Next lessun. Marko!

PV80FJy.png
*lets out a heavy sigh* Yes, Kommander?

TWOnKLq.png
Ye'r surrunded. In front of ya stands a FAG!

3xGOOtN.png
Hi.

TWOnKLq.png
Behind ya is KALIN, SON KALIN, da gretust skullbasha of dorven race!

PV80FJy.png
*looks around in confusion* So?

TWOnKLq.png
I want ya to use dat pussy-tingler ya call FIST to PUNCH the fag, then TURN ARUND and DEFLECT Kalin's WAR HAMMAR!

PV80FJy.png
Got it. PUNCH *hits Storyfag right in the face*

3xGOOtN.png
Ow.

PV80FJy.png
Then, uh--

TWOnKLq.png
*kicks Merc's butt* I am BEHIND YA, stupid asshole! TURN FASTAR! Again!

PV80FJy.png
*punches Storyfag*

3xGOOtN.png
OW!

TWOnKLq.png
*kicks Merc again* Y U NO TUUUURN?!

PV80FJy.png
Dammit, Kalin! What do you want from me?!

TWOnKLq.png
TURN! TUUUURN! I WANT TUUUUUUUURN!!

Meanwhile in Muddy Chapel

VOw3VAr.jpg

3xknlxr.png
*whispers prayers to Uzol the Copper Boulder-Gravel, God of metals*

4o6H0Qw.png
5BFS6k5.png
*enter the Muddy Chapel*

4o6H0Qw.png
Your prayers have been answered, Tindrli. I came here together with my lovely intern to bring joyful news from your God himself: your future will be glorious! But only if you take the pick and start mining.

3xknlxr.png

4o6H0Qw.png
Reinhardt can confirm.

5BFS6k5.png
B-hgn-br-br-br

4o6H0Qw.png
See? But if you need even more stimulation, I invite you to the Hospital. Right now, if you will.

3xknlxr.png
No need. *takes the pickaxe and goes outside*

Tindrli is mining again, thankfully

4o6H0Qw.png
What is wrong with you, Reinhardt? I need you to play along while we talk to the patients.

5BFS6k5.png
I-I-I-hhhnnnnggg

4o6H0Qw.png
Hmmm. Seems like your speech is impaired by chronic and highly intense rectal discomfort. Which isn't difficult to fix. *pulls a dirty sock from his pocket*

5BFS6k5.png
N-n-n-n

4o6H0Qw.png
Smell it. Take it aaaaall in.

5BFS6k5.png
H-HA?! GHAH, that smells HORRIBLE!! MY GODS!

4o6H0Qw.png
See? Wasn't difficult. Like I told you, medical art is a ladder.

wLRNn4p.png

5BFS6k5.png
My, ah, bottom parts still hurt like hell, doctor, and als-s-s-hhhnngggg

4o6H0Qw.png
Alas, the effect does not last very long. How do we..? What if... no, that won't work. Maybe another--

5BFS6k5.png
D-d-d-o-gh

4o6H0Qw.png
OF COURSE! Do you have a piece of string, by any chance?

5BFS6k5.png
GGGGNNNHHHHH

4o6H0Qw.png
No matter. *pulls a hair from his beard* Just a moment now...

5BFS6k5.png
M-m-m-ak-gn th-th

4o6H0Qw.png
There you go! A doctor mask.

sG7GS0v.png

4o6H0Qw.png
Doesn't make you more attractive, sadly, but I am a simple Kommanding Physician, not a wizard.

sG7GS0v.png
The smell is... undescribable.

4o6H0Qw.png
This is why I only use Kalin's socks in my practice. There is something unique about this dwarf's feet, truly so. I want you to wear it at all times, as every beginner doctor does.

sG7GS0v.png
Why does a doctor need a mask?

4o6H0Qw.png
So that the patients don't see when we smile.

16th Granite, 126, Early Spring
Redlabored, Entrance Area

PeN7xRP.png

KuUlcLF.png
*hauls gneiss cabinet, grumbling and cursing all the way*

punqU5x.png
Spigot! Spigot!

KuUlcLF.png
What NOW, you little brat?

punqU5x.png
I saw a caravan! The merchants are coming!

KuUlcLF.png
I got no time for your fucking pranks, boy!

punqU5x.png
I saw them coming here, I swear!

KuUlcLF.png
Who did you see? Dwarves? Humans?

punqU5x.png
Elves!

KuUlcLF.png
Fucking WHAT now?!

F6i0HOJ.png

KuUlcLF.png
*drops the cabinet* ALRIGHT, YOU BEARDED SLACKERS, I WANT YOU TO HAUL 3/4 OF OUR FOOD AND 3/4 OF OUR DRINKS TO THE FUCKING TRADE DEPOT! MOVE IT! Until the damn caravan leaves, I AM IN CHARGE HERE!

Most of the dwarves have "haul trade goods" enabled, and this job is coded as high-priority in DF.

TWOnKLq.png
*walks out of the barracks* Doncha forgit to buy me a SNAZZY armor, old cunt.

KuUlcLF.png
These are ELVEN merchants, you halfwit. If you want a wooden armor - go ask your errand boy Merc to craft you some.

Meanwhile on the surface

PJTDdPI.png

mjsEmRG.png
I've never been in a dwarven fortress before.

Vd7LnM4.png
They prefer "Dwarf Fortress", barbaric as they are.

RXrsZxi.png

mjsEmRG.png
I've heard their giant halls are made of stone, and walls engraved with intricate images of-- Oh, Gods. This is not real. This can't be real!

Vd7LnM4.png
Merciful flowers...

sjCjxZS.png

mjsEmRG.png
They killed all these trees!

NrhmvH1.png
*comes out of the Outpost* 'sup, elves!

Vd7LnM4.png
What's happening here? Why did you butcher so many trees?

NrhmvH1.png
*shrugs* I dunno. My dude Wiseau was burning logs.

mjsEmRG.png
B-BURNING??

NrhmvH1.png
Aye. Now I'm carving chairs and stuff. Oh, since you are here, do you think this chair is finished?

SGAH2An.png

NrhmvH1.png
Been working on it for three days at least. Looks finished to me.

Vd7LnM4.png
Just tell us where is your fortress?

NrhmvH1.png
Oh, use the slope over here.

Vd7LnM4.png
Slope? This hole in the mud is where you live?

NrhmvH1.png
Yup. You'll find the trade depot right at the entrance. Have fun! *sits on the newly-crafted chair*

oKXp32J.png
*cracks and falls apart*

NrhmvH1.png
Guess it needs more polishin'.

Meanwhile in the Barracks

PV80FJy.png
*makes a pathetic swing at Kalin using the training axe*

TWOnKLq.png
*doesn't even twitch upon being hit*

RMOQAMd.png

PV80FJy.png
Oh, COME ON! How am I supposed to fight with THIS?

5HEvMMu.jpg

PV80FJy.png
See, THAT what happens when you replace a real carpenter with someone like Baud!

tBsSvb1.png

TWOnKLq.png
Yer problum is not the absuns of wepun, but the absuns of BALLZ. In fack, NUN OF YA has ballz!

o44H4SR.png
I have.

TWOnKLq.png
Heh heh, PROVE IT!

o44H4SR.png
*raises her training axe*

TWOnKLq.png
Dis gonna b gud. *grips his war hammer and takes a battle stance*

f8RGQ4l.png

o44H4SR.png
*with a war cry of a fucking banshee, launches a frenzied assault on Kalin*

TWOnKLq.png
*masterfully avoids every attacks, performing counterstrikes at the same time*

pS4h3WW.png

o44H4SR.png
*panting*

TWOnKLq.png
Heh. Lives lik a pussi, fites lik a pussi!

o44H4SR.png
AAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEE

iPExCfY.png

PV80FJy.png
Take it easy on her, damn you! You are going to kill the poor girl!

o44H4SR.png
*desperately tries to catch breath after taking a blow to the abdomen*

TWOnKLq.png
Wutch 'n learn, Marko. Dis gurl is more of a dorf dan ya'll evar be!

o44H4SR.png
*points the axe at Kalin* I will fucking chop your nipples off!

TWOnKLq.png
DAS RITE! ANGER! SHOW ME SUM FARKIN' ANG-- AAW, FUCK!

iLG79JR.png

o44H4SR.png
EEEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

TWOnKLq.png
Cunt belib you akshully GITTIN' GUD!

PV80FJy.png
Right. That's exactly how you fight with an axe. *sigh*

o44H4SR.png
I'm not done with you yet! *attempts another assault*

17th Granite, 126, Early Spring
The Outpost, Trade Depot

KuUlcLF.png
*enters the Depot*

Vd7LnM4.png
Greetings, dwarf. Allow me to introduce ours--

KuUlcLF.png
I don't give a shit. You here to trade? Let's trade.

bxkbmUJ.png

mjsEmRG.png
*stares at the barrels in horror*

KuUlcLF.png
What?

mjsEmRG.png
Vd7LnM4.png

KuUlcLF.png
WHAT?! Da farkin' carpenter is too busy being gay! Other carpenters suck ass at making barrels. So maybe my barrels are leakin', who cares?

64Nqiph.png

KuUlcLF.png
I'll give ya a discount.

mjsEmRG.png
Vd7LnM4.png

KuUlcLF.png
Oh, for fark's sake!

MAKE YOUR KEY CHOICE, SPIGOT

I have to halt this update because I Spigot fucked up.

a bear named spigot, only now you remember that elves will freak out if you try to sell them anything made of wood. That includes wooden barrels.

Due to DF being weird at times, it's easy to forget that moving goods out of barrels is impossible during trading. You can sell, let's say, toys stored inside wooden bins without selling the bin itself. But selling cookies stored inside a barrel without selling the barrel? Madness.

The Kommissar won't scream at you too much if you find a way to fix your mistake and get us out of this ass. Here is the full list of goods the elves brought:

EA9wOTA.png

You might notice there is no price. You can evaluate weight of goods, but not the price. This is because you suck at trading (zero Appraiser skill). And yet you were elected as the broker.

For a moment you wonder what kind of hypocrite sells wooden barrels, but considers making wooden barrels in general to be a crime against nature? But then you notice they sell grown wood barrels - a material only produced by elves.

Elves in DF are like vegetarians dressed in woolen sweaters in RL. Shearing doesn't kill the sheep. Peeling off some bark doesn't kill a tree - that kind of stuff.

You try to find something valuable among the goods. Redlabored has no use for wooden weapons and armor, or anything else made of wood. We can make this stuff ourselves.

We can certainly use new clothing. Kalin is running out of socks.
We can always use edibles for cooking and brewing.
Acquiring more barrels wouldn't hurt, since our worthless carpenters can't make them fast enough.
Musical instruments would be useful in the Grand Hall (when it's done) and temple (praying is one thing, but religious music is also important for religious dwarf).

You also notice a toy boat (maybe it will keep that annoying brat Shorast busy) and a puzzlebox.

Ge5qTn3.png

Finally, you take note of animals: cockatiel, dingo, warthog, anole, and lion tamarin (not LION, but lion TAMARIN).

The elves are waiting. Make your KEY CHOICE:

1. I suck at this shit. No trading for today. Elves will be disappointed, you say? AS IF I GIVE TWO SHITS

2. I fail to see the problem. Sell them BOOZE AND FOOD, buy whatever we can use! Barrels, my ass.

3. Two unarmed elven girls come to a fortress full of dwarves. Sounds like a joke without punchline. I say we SEIZE some/all of their goods, consequences be damned! (specify which goods do you want to sieze, e.g. "all clothes / all edibles / jute left glove, etc")

I'll give it a day and throw a d3 in case you don't reply. You seem like a random-decision person anyway.

KyGZyot.png

As a final note, no other key choices are present, because Spring has just begun.

Last edited:
This is because you suck at trading (zero Appraiser skill). And yet you were elected as the broker.

FpUrDu3.png

nonsense! so maybe my ethusiasm for trading is more in the abstract, and less from any practical skill or experience, but I think I can make this work!

now, I can't actually see anything in our list of stock that isn't in a barrel, so what exactly is available for trade on our end?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
now, I can't actually see anything in our list of stock that isn't in a barrel, so what exactly is available for trade on our end?

Not a damn thing. :lol:

I mean it. Unless you want to start selling boulders, everything we have is either made of wood, or stored inside wooden barrels.

Okay, there is also assorted collection of seeds, pieces of string and cloth, a few bags we use for storing seeds, aaaand that's it. In other words, everything we have is worthless.

Not a damn thing. :lol:

truly unfortunate! "seize" is a similarly unfortunate choice of words for what would more reasonably be considered a fair redistribution of wealth. what would be the likely consequence of "talking" these elves into "lending" us some of their goods in the spirit of fair-play?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
what would be the likely consequence of "talking" these elves into "lending" us some of their goods in the spirit of fair-play?

It all depends on what exactly you are going to seize. The possible consequences vary from a mild insult to a full-scale war with elves.

Since you are UNABLE TO DETERMINE VALUE of goods, I can't even guess how much can we "safely" take.

What a fabulous start of a broker career.

:hero:

Since you are UNABLE TO DETERMINE VALUE of goods, I can't even guess how much can we "safely" take.

nonsense! Spigot is an old dwarf, seen a lot, time to put his many years of respecting commerce from a distance to good use, I think I can safely speculate as to what we can take with an IOU in return

let's grab that puzzlebox, the lion tamarin, all the socks, gloves and mittens, and those cherries and walnuts

sqeecoo

Arcane
My ploy failed! Still, I'll be better at it next time. I feel the crew should have responded better to the THIS. IS. KOMMUNISM! idea even if they didn't take the actual suggestion of total equality... Could it be that they lack ideological conviction? Something to note in one of my books, surely.

But my basic desire to enable more unskilled carpenters looks to be happening, which was the basis of the suggestion. See, I'm bending both the character Grimwulf and the REAL Grimwulf to my will while they gruffly make fun of my apparent failure!

Next step: BINS. You cannot have a fortress without BINS. Ffs we have insane capitalistic luxuries like beds but we don't have simple BINS to put the fruits of the workers' labor into? BINS. They are important. BIN there, done BIN. I'm not a fan of Bin Laden, but I'm a fan of LADEN BIN, etc. etc.

War with elves makes no sense. We should plant the seeds of revolution in fertile elvish soil first (if you get my meaning), and use force to bring Kommunism to them only as a last resort.

Andnjord

Arcane
Seize the bourgeois Elven means results of production!!! :outrage:

Assuming we were to find a source of metal for our weapons (whether through honest dorfen mining or ''shudder'' bourgeois trading) and our military was even half trained, how threatening are elven sieges considering they only have wooden weapons? Back when I played it I never got into wars with elves so I really have no idea :D

Also, I'm assuming there shall be no premature candy extractions, correct?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
how threatening are elven sieges considering they only have wooden weapons? Back when I played it I never got into wars with elves so I really have no idea :D

Some would consider this information to be spoilery. I'm not gonna dive into much details, but consider this:

1. They don't' normally "siege" you like goblins, but rather ambush your fortress. At one point it's all fine and dandy, the next moment half of your dorfs fall dead with their throats slit. Dominions players have a saying:
BbrQ72s.jpg
2. Elven bows are naught to be underestimated.
3. Elven armies are often supported by a great variety of tamed beasts.

Also, I'm assuming there shall be no premature candy extractions, correct?

No comments :M

Unless you're asking about Reinhardt. In which case no, her candy won't be extracted prematurely.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom