Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Monster Hunter World - G-rank edition. Now on PC.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
It's an unwritten rule that whenever Capcom starts doing something that pleases fans they have to do something retarded in order to maintain the balance.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Probably still going to be at least 3 months until I begin legitimately considering downloading this due to waiting for patches and dlc that always comes from MH games.
The most important thing however, for longevity in order to be able to archive a definitive copy of the game that I can always reinstall and play offline independently, is to have a download/mod that someone archived all of the timed exclusive stuff in. I want to be able to do kulve taroth and all quests ever released without any regard to the current year. Also interested in having access to those timed exclusive festival events. Is there a mod or download that holds all of these things?

Perkel

Arcane
There are mods already to get timed exclusive stuff. Though it is wonky at times.
Kulve Taroth fight is either way shit and no one loses anything by not doing it.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
There are mods already to get timed exclusive stuff. Though it is wonky at times.
Kulve Taroth fight is either way shit and no one loses anything by not doing it.
You don't understand. I have to fight Kulve Taroth. I own the plush.
94778c50c6634eefbb2dc8dd82a2b8f1.jpg

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
spicy pickle took some work to track down a seller for
don't enter the plushie market, it's unforgivingly competitive, it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a glavenus for less than a few hundred dollars

Probably still going to be at least 3 months until I begin legitimately considering downloading this due to waiting for patches and dlc that always comes from MH games.
The most important thing however, for longevity in order to be able to archive a definitive copy of the game that I can always reinstall and play offline independently, is to have a download/mod that someone archived all of the timed exclusive stuff in. I want to be able to do kulve taroth and all quests ever released without any regard to the current year. Also interested in having access to those timed exclusive festival events. Is there a mod or download that holds all of these things?

You may already be aware that both Kulve Taroth and Safi'jiiva have non-scaling HP bloat, along with mechanics that highly encourage multiplayer, but I'm going to go through the motions for everyone else not in the know. All of the 'sieges' that World/Iceborne have introduced have been varying levels of shit so far, especially if you're forced to play with random people who can either be competent or massively retarded (nothing in between). I'm not going to bother detailing Behemoth or Ancient Leshen.

Kulve Taroth is a massive slog either way, solo or multiplayer, as you have to gather tracks first to raise the pursuit level while also focusing on breaking her parts (more easily done after raising the pursuit level).
That's right, you need to sniff her fucking tracks and forgo fighting her at the beginning if you want the siege to progress, as choosing to fight her as she waddles away will take even longer.
You don't even properly fight her until the higher pursuit levels (can't slay her/only break off her horns), so if you're really going to brave it solo, prepare to call it quits after several long and boring sessions.
Her relic weapons are also obsolete with Iceborne's introduction, and the promise from the developers to give them further use in Iceborne hasn't been actualized yet.

As for Safi'jiiva, aside from the non-scaling HP bloat, its fight mechanics are also geared towards multiplayer, and can be very annoying/time consuming if you only have your cat and no other players to divert his attention.
It's at least more engaging than Kulve Taroth, but it's also another fight you cannot complete in a single run. Each session is capped at 20mins, so you'll likely spend over several hours solo just trying to slay it once.
Safi also uses the enmity mechanic from Behemoth, so solo players will constantly be targeted by its attack flurries, which are designed to help other players deal more damage while the target tries to survive.
At least the relic weapons (less RNG than Kulve/also customizable) and armor are nice, but it's still another shitty siege design that doesn't take solo play into account at all.

Maybe everyone will get lucky with a magic mod that drastically revamps both fights, removing all of the bullshit, but unfortunately they're both over-tuned for multiplayer by design.
It's a sad and shitty trend, and certainly not the Monster Hunter of old.

P.S.
Valky,
The video you posted of the solo Kulve run is not as easy or achievable as you may think. Disregarding the skill involved:
1. They're using a Kulve relic weapon, which means you'll need to successfully complete the slog fest first, and even then you're not guaranteed to get the most optimal weapons. Unless you're willing to beat the RNG...
2. The pursuit level is already level 6, which means they've crawled through level 1-5 with who knows how much time spent. This was set up as a speedrun showcase.
3. Their setup uses several rare decorations, which you may never acquire with several hundred hours of play. Of course any sane PC player will simply 'gift' themselves with every decoration needed, but if not, prepare for RNG hell.

If you still go through with it, and somehow enjoy Kulve Taroth's waddle/gacha simulator, then more power to you. But for everyone else, stay away unless you want to get burned out and bored early on.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet

You may already be aware that both Kulve Taroth and Safi'jiiva have non-scaling HP bloat, along with mechanics that highly encourage multiplayer, but I'm going to go through the motions for everyone else not in the know. All of the 'sieges' that World/Iceborne have introduced have been varying levels of shit so far, especially if you're forced to play with random people who can either be competent or massively retarded (nothing in between). I'm not going to bother detailing Behemoth or Ancient Leshen.

Kulve Taroth is a massive slog either way, solo or multiplayer, as you have to gather tracks first to raise the pursuit level while also focusing on breaking her parts (more easily done after raising the pursuit level).
That's right, you need to sniff her fucking tracks and forgo fighting her at the beginning if you want the siege to progress, as choosing to fight her as she waddles away will take even longer.
You don't even properly fight her until the higher pursuit levels (can't slay her/only break off her horns), so if you're really going to brave it solo, prepare to call it quits after several long and boring sessions.
Her relic weapons are also obsolete with Iceborne's introduction, and the promise from the developers to give them further use in Iceborne hasn't been actualized yet.

As for Safi'jiiva, aside from the non-scaling HP bloat, its fight mechanics are also geared towards multiplayer, and can be very annoying/time consuming if you only have your cat and no other players to divert his attention.
It's at least more engaging than Kulve Taroth, but it's also another fight you cannot complete in a single run. Each session is capped at 20mins, so you'll likely spend over several hours solo just trying to slay it once.
Safi also uses the enmity mechanic from Behemoth, so solo players will constantly be targeted by its attack flurries, which are designed to help other players deal more damage while the target tries to survive.
At least the relic weapons (less RNG than Kulve/also customizable) and armor are nice, but it's still another shitty siege design that doesn't take solo play into account at all.

Maybe everyone will get lucky with a magic mod that drastically revamps both fights, removing all of the bullshit, but unfortunately they're both over-tuned for multiplayer by design.
It's a sad and shitty trend, and certainly not the Monster Hunter of old.

P.S.
Valky,
The video you posted of the solo Kulve run is not as easy or achievable as you may think. Disregarding the skill involved:
1. They're using a Kulve relic weapon, which means you'll need to successfully complete the slog fest first, and even then you're not guaranteed to get the most optimal weapons. Unless you're willing to beat the RNG...
2. The pursuit level is already level 6, which means they've crawled through level 1-5 with who knows how much time spent. This was set up as a speedrun showcase.
3. Their setup uses several rare decorations, which you may never acquire with several hundred hours of play. Of course any sane PC player will simply 'gift' themselves with every decoration needed, but if not, prepare for RNG hell.

If you still go through with it, and somehow enjoy Kulve Taroth's waddle/gacha simulator, then more power to you. But for everyone else, stay away unless you want to get burned out and bored early on.

:decline::decline::decline:
This is immensely upsetting to me. I absolutely loved soloing Dire Miralis, Ceadeaus, and Dalamadur.

Perkel

Arcane
Fought pukei pukei on g rank and i used about 6-7 antidotes which never happened to me. Those extra changes in movesets don't look like much but they are pretty effective. Also they gave him extra tongue slurp for those jummy scaternuts. It no longer flies off to tree and is sitting duck in air but it happens almost instantly where it stretches its tongue like chameleon.

Perkel

Arcane
lol people use dlc unlocker to play iceborne because dlc is already in patched game.

mogwaimon

Magister
they completely fucked the performance pooch on this somehow despite being an expansion to something that already ran well on PC. Not sure how they did that, but I too went from being able to play comfortably even while streaming to having 100% CPU usage even while not. Switching to DX12 somehow alleviated some of it but still nowhere near as good as pre-patch, and my system is no slouch even though it's getting a bit long in the tooth, 4790k, 8GB ram (should be more but mobo is touchy with RAM for some reason) and a 1080Ti. should be smooth sailin but it's like I'm playing on PS4 again.

Perkel

Arcane
To anyone who says that they lost performance. When you install iceborne game resets every display settings and uses some sort of retarded auto swich for options based on your hardware. MHW is notorious to have graphical options that barely do anything and cost 50% of performance. The main culprit is here is LOD.

So play with options.

In my case when i switched to options i wanted my performace actually went up a lot. I used to have issues in forest and dips below 60fps and now whole game is 60fps smooth.

Jinn

Arcane
To anyone who says that they lost performance. When you install iceborne game resets every display settings and uses some sort of retarded auto swich for options based on your hardware. MHW is notorious to have graphical options that barely do anything and cost 50% of performance. The main culprit is here is LOD.

So play with options.

In my case when i switched to options i wanted my performace actually went up a lot. I used to have issues in forest and dips below 60fps and now whole game is 60fps smooth.

Thanks for clearing this up. Went ahead and got it today. Had no trouble with FPS when I started it up, but my settings also didn't get reset. Too bad they're catching so much flak in user reviews for this very simple issue.

In other words: it runs great! And I'm having a great time!

Jinn

Arcane
so is there technical problems? how does it run compared to vanilla MHW? worth d1p?

I haven't been experiencing any technical issues, and I've been playing for about 3 hours now.

First couple new monster fights were really a blast with a lot of fun surprises. I didn't think I was feeling the itch until I got thinking about the game a bit today at work. I'd see if you're in the mood, it's definitely worth the purchase. I got mine for $35 on green man gaming. Careful if you're looking to refund, though. I just went for it because I knew I'd play it eventually anyway.

Last edited:
Ey how fun is Stiggy Ziggy. Is he back with his balls of bullshit like in 4U?

His balls of bullshit don't return in Iceborne. The dracophage bugs he releases now just get launched to an area, and explode into dragon lightning after a short delay.
The dragon lightning might look overwhelming at first, especially after he's supercharged, but the majority of it can be avoided simply by staying close to him.

Stygian is also oddly listed as a tier 3 threat, which puts him in the same rank as Savage, Seething Bazel, Rajang, and the Elders, but he's not that much different from the regular Zinogre, and goes down just as fast.
He's equipped with a few new moves and combo chains, but overall was pretty easy. Many people prefer to farm him in tier 3 investigations to get the rarest decorations, or in the Guiding Lands for great spiritvein gems.

Churrasco

Augur
Patron
Wasteland 2
I have some issues with it, it tends to randomly freeze up(twice it happened just as I killed a monster), and sometimes when I load a map, cpu usage goes to 100% for 3-5 seconds before normalizing again, but it's playable sometimes I go over an hour without issues...overall if you are not in a hurry I'd wait for them to patch the game.
Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x, AMD 5700xt

Perkel

Arcane
This random stuff also happens to me. But very rarely and for 2-3 seconds. Almost never in gameplay.
Either way. Barioth is beating my ass.

He is legit jump in difficulty

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom