Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I also suggest going to Tranquil River Bend. It's a peaceful area with no monsters and lots of loot. The monsters there are push overs. Here are the locations of the aforementioned areas:
C7U3Q6w.jpg

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So this is my first new playthrough on EE, saves keep getting borked due to mod so my first third walkthrough is kapput. This time around I will only play with AMA and CotW and Respec mod.

The new Boggart cave was fun. Trying to do that even on Level 4 (max level before the end of CHapter 1) on hard was fun. Like anal sex, apply a liberal amount of lube (read: grease) to prevent getting anal pain. Took all of my ration (2 rests to finish the cave) with 2 other rests before (hunt and on overwolrd map) to finish the outside map. I was bringing my Druid PC (and monitor lizzard), Valerie, Amiri (I got there en route of finishing Tuskgutter with Temple of the Elk), Harrim, Octavia, and Rengogar. The final fights require like 4 retriies because I just use Wand of Grease and pray the litte frogs kept getting knocked prone. The asshole Champion can smash my Valerie from full to dead if I am unlucky.

trimethylsilyl

Educated
There's also no time passed information that you would have if you'd rested, so either you forgot to rest or are looking at the wrong part of the log.

Possible that you've got your info configured differently in the difficulty menu.
Nope, I rested alright, and I'm looking at the latest part of the log.
But thanks, I checked the difficulty menu, disabled all the dialogue settings, saved, and enabled them again, and now everything's as it should be :hug:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
So this is my first new playthrough on EE, saves keep getting borked due to mod so my first third walkthrough is kapput. This time around I will only play with AMA and CotW and Respec mod.

The new Boggart cave was fun. Trying to do that even on Level 4 (max level before the end of CHapter 1) on hard was fun. Like anal sex, apply a liberal amount of lube (read: grease) to prevent getting anal pain. Took all of my ration (2 rests to finish the cave) with 2 other rests before (hunt and on overwolrd map) to finish the outside map. I was bringing my Druid PC (and monitor lizzard), Valerie, Amiri (I got there en route of finishing Tuskgutter with Temple of the Elk), Harrim, Octavia, and Rengogar. The final fights require like 4 retriies because I just use Wand of Grease and pray the litte frogs kept getting knocked prone. The asshole Champion can smash my Valerie from full to dead if I am unlucky.
First playthrough on EE is going to be very disorienting. It messed me up. They changed a lot.

Efe

Erudite
Lady Error
definitely have perception + persuasion on main char.
im not sure how familliar you are with pathfinder or 3e dnd, why dont you just post your char sheet here? if there is some major flaw it best be noticed early.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
If you are not taking Persuasion I think you can have Reg as "face." Persuasion is class skills and he have decent CHA and can scales of CHA.

There are times when you can't use party member for Persuasion check tho.

Still, playing CE in any CRPG usually means stupid murder-hobo so I don't think Lady Error even needs Persuasion unless she is building demoralizing build.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
My main char is not chaotic evil, so I have no idea whether having chaotic and evil companions is even viable long-term. I simply like that there are good evil characters like in BG2.

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
I am about to begin a playthrough. Is normal too easy?
If you're familiar with Pathfinder rules and/or NOT a drooling retard, then yeah, normal is too easy.

I am not familiar with the rules, but I bought the book and I will read it while I am playing it.

Is the hard mode worth playing from the get go? I mean, is it fair, although hard?

I like challenge.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
If you're familiar with Pathfinder rules and/or NOT a drooling retard, then yeah, normal is too easy.

Early game before you get your abilities online and/or don't know what you're doing for first playthrough it's fine. People are used to Bards sucking so don't even play them at first. If you're tanking and spanking without Bard, Freebooter, or knowing how to target weak saves Normal can seem like a challenge. That's why PnPers have been crying since launch that the numbers are insane.

Desiderius

Patron

I am not familiar with the rules, but I bought the book and I will read it while I am playing it.

Is the hard mode worthy playing from the get go? I mean, is it fair, although hard?

I like challenge.

It's fair by level ten once you know what you're doing, by five once you've mastered it. The whole point of the game is the learning curve. If you're expecting to kick ass out of the box you'll find yourself sorely mistaken.

Desiderius

Patron

Level 4 is not max level for Ch. 1.

You can savescum or bring a Bard, or better yet don't do the cave until level six or so. There are no meaningful rewards for doing it early unfortunately. The contrast between that area and Old Sycamore couldn't be more stark.

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
I dont like easy games, I expect to die a lot and learn the mechanics as I go through.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron

Is the hard mode worthy playing from the get go? I mean, is it fair, although hard?

I like challenge.
Start with normal and raise the difficulty whenever you notice it becomes too easy. Desiderius is right, if you don't know what you're doing the difficulty descriptions are accurate. Many a people got filtered by assuming the game coddles you as much as other modern games.

I dont like easy games, I expect to die a lot and learn the mechanics as I go through.
Then Challenging, which is Core Rules more-or-less, might be more suited for you. Do not play on a harder difficulty at first.

Desiderius

Patron
Chaotic Evil fans asking for help, part gazillion in a spoiled Zoomer series.

WTF is wrong with you people? Ask a question in a game thread and be accused of being a redditor, spoiled zoomer, and what not.

Hey, man, CE is just, like, my lifestyle choice, man. Why peeps harshing my mellow? Hold on, got this innocent village to ruthlessly slaughter, brb.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom