Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker - RTwP incline from Owlcat Games (more like Patchfinder: Glitchmaker amirite?)

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by MicoSelva, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Luckmann Arcane Zionist Agent

Luckmann
    Parrots:
    I rate this post [​IMG].

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Yes Yes x 3
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Fedora Master Arbiter

Fedora Master
    Parrots:
    They changed the symbol for True Strike.

:?

• When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Luckmann Arcane Zionist Agent

Luckmann
    Parrots:
    Y tho?

The game is shock-full of duplicate icons and tons of icons that do not conform to the style, likely being placeholders that they intended to swap out. Why change True Strike, of all things?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 3
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Kit Walker Totally Not Captain Shrek

Kit Walker
    Parrots:
    I can imagine a build with scaled fist + mage armour on Magus. Should have some ridiculous AC.

^ Top  
  5. Lawntoilet Educated

Lawntoilet
    Parrots:
    Regongar gets Mage Armor as a Bloodline spell, so at least Blue dragon Eldritch Scion has it.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Jinn Arcane

Jinn
    Parrots:
    Sup with Russians and not documenting patch features? Anyone try this 664.2mb patch out yet?

Edit: Nevermind. Found this on the Steam Forums.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 2
    • not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    In mother Russia patch notes writes you.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. TheSentinel Magister

TheSentinel
    Parrots:
    Show Spoiler

:balance:

• Balanced Balanced x 12
    ^ Top  
  9. Multi-headed Cow Educated

Multi-headed Cow
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]
    I've been having a horrible fucking time finding arcane scrolls in chapter 2. Found a rapist hermit wizard and was excited to finally be able to buy a fuckton of scrolls and fill up my spellbook and the bastard had 5 (five) different scrolls for sale, 4 of which were spells I already knew.

Quick blogpost of my ongoing adventures because why the fuck not. Romped around adventuring, did some city management, took something like 3-4 kingdom hits to my stats because of spiders because unlike every other event/job/whatever in kingdom management, annexing a chunk of territory forces time advancement. Just barely made it under the wire to stop the curse before the doomsday clock ended but still a little pissed about the kingdom damage. Running around dealing with trolls and picking up two new companions now, trolls being immune to fire would be scarier if they didn't get knocked on their asses by regular attacks anyway and then my wizard can acid splash cantrip them for 1 damage to finish 'em. I'm mystified at finding a metamagic rod of engorgement which seemingly allows me to jack spells up with metamagic feats a limited number per-day without taking higher spell slots which feels crazy good. Just doubles the duration which isn't as flashy as some shit but having a double length haste is a-ok. Been really pleasantly surprised with all the companions. Personality-wise the only one I really want to murder is Octavia and I mostly enjoy the rest, and gameplay-wise I want almost everyone in my party. Starting to seriously consider how I want my party to shake out and considering cutting some useful party members like Amiri to try shit out like the alchemist or ranger. Still really fucking want to get Nok-nok since I want to see how Avellone's character pans out and because some sneak attacks would feel good.

Maybe RPS is right. Maybe wanting to play with all these character builds and different classes means something deeper. :mhd:

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Dodo1610 Educated

Dodo1610
    Parrots:
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. hell bovine Arcane

hell bovine
    Parrots:
    But at least you will be able to tell your grandkids:
    I have survived the Great Patchmaker Wave of 2018; back then we had no manuals, no notes, no nothing to shelter us from the storm of hotfixes, crashing upon us in a torrential rain of chaos and destruction...

^ Top  
  12. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Parrots:
    ^ Top  
  13. rusty_shackleford Savant

rusty_shackleford
    Parrots:
    when does this game leave alpha?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. HeatEXTEND Liturgist

HeatEXTEND
    Parrots:
    lmfao

^ Top  
  15. HeatEXTEND Liturgist

HeatEXTEND
    Parrots:
    :lol:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Generic-Giant-Spider Scholar

Generic-Giant-Spider
    Parrots:
    I want my skeleton butlers, goddammit.

• Yes Yes x 4
    • incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Thonius Arbiter

Thonius
    Parrots:
    22th is the date guys! It will be alright! It will be the day when USSR will reach comunism .world peace achivied, space travel when Pathfinder will be totally fixed and bug free! Just you wait and see!

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. hexer Arcane

hexer
    Parrots:
    Yesterday's patch did fix some map issues in Chapter 5.

That is not true. You get end game slides just like in Fallout 1/2

^ Top  
  19. hiciacit Liturgist

hiciacit
    Parrots:
    Finally got chance to try this game out. Spent a couple of hours in the character generation interface. That was unexpected. Good stuff! Had only about an hour left to play the game afterwards, and I honestly can't wait to play some more.

The game is still quite rough around the edges, though, and not exactly forthcoming with useful information. Sure, lots of Pathfinder PnP info to be had online, but I'd like to know what they included or changed for the cRPG version before I start. Oh wait, they included a manual of sorts in the installation folder, PFKM-reference_document.pdf! Let's see what they did with the PrCs ... only info on the Arcane Trickster. Hmm, the sorcerer maybe? No entry. Ok, what about this Universalist Spell Focus, that's mainly what I wanted to know anyway? Nothing.
    Nevermind, I'll just wing it, I'll probably restart again anyway. Half an hour in, I'm staring at this, and I have no idea whatsoever what is happening here. I have to admit I never played any Pathfinder, and it's been a while since I played any DnD, so maybe someone else can explain it to me.

[​IMG]

I'd love to play some more, but I'm inclined to hold off for a while longer now.

• cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. jerfdr Novice

jerfdr
    Parrots:
    At the moment Pathfinder: Kingmaker has 3963 reviews on Steam (in two weeks after its release), while Deadfire has 3871 reviews (in five months after its release). Obviously it's not a very solid metric, but I guess it's still a weak indicator that Kingmaker probably sold more copies than Deadfire already. For comparison, Divinity: Original Sin 2 has ~35000 reviews by now and e.g. Witcher 3 has ~170000 reviews; Wasteland 2 is at ~7400 and PoE1 is at ~12600.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    • incline incline x 5
    ^ Top  
  21. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    That guy uses Mirror Image spell to protect himself. You hit one of his images.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. hiciacit Liturgist

hiciacit
    Parrots:
    Thanks! That makes sense. Any way I can see this in game that you know of, or did I just miss it scroll by in the log? (I had high arcane knowledge on main PC.)

^ Top  
  23. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    Parrots:
    But why she has slashing wound? This keep bothering me.

^ Top  
  24. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    Parrots:
    Someone just killed ratos on level 4 and leveled to level 5 and memorized 3 fireballs with 4 spell focus feats.

Someone else is gonna get his stag horns burned off

Why the fuck I am missing a burned necklace piece again though. I have 5, 7th is in final fortress, where is 6th right forgot to kill the murder cat

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    • incline incline x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. cruelio Learned

cruelio
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

• it is a mystery x 2
    • Cheers!! x 1
    • incline x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • Racist x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)