Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Yosharian

Arcane
Dear Wizard's digest, i'm a horny wizard who wants to have a lot of sex, what do I do:

choice 1) enchantment school, which literally makes people cream their pants with your Enchanting Smile

choice 2) conjuration school, which lets you summon sex demons and shit

choice 3) the chill touch school

i cannot pick the right path to coom

With a army of undead, you can make a lot of money using the cheapest laborforce ever. And with money, you can get pussy easily. Maybe even buy a succbus instead of just summoning one.
You know what this is actually genius

Darth Canoli

Arcane
For performance in general keep graphics at Medium options. It is Alpha and not optimized.

Not optimized ... As in less than the first one?
By the way, did they fix their saves files sizes growing exponentially shenanigans?
What about loading times?

Dear Wizard's digest, i'm a horny wizard who wants to have a lot of sex, what do I do:

choice 1) enchantment school, which literally makes people cream their pants with your Enchanting Smile

Just be a Barbarian you nerds!
You just beat the crap out of one or two assholes in the nearest tavern, show your muscles and all the chicks are yours...

I'm reading my old Conan comics collection, feels good killing ancient necromancers and mages...

Delterius

Arcane

With a army of undead, you can make a lot of money using the cheapest laborforce ever. And with money, you can get pussy easily. Maybe even buy a succbus instead of just summoning one.
Conjuration can just literally open a portal to the elemental plane of precious gemstones who the fuck works for a living.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Not optimized ... As in less than the first one?
By the way, did they fix their saves files sizes growing exponentially shenanigans?
What about loading times?

I mean this is Alpha, the graphic engine is improved a bit I think? And so yeah, currently it has worse performance vs PfK. Hopefully not in the full game, but Alpha performance is not really good.

I don't see any mention about save management. But in general saving and loading get longer later on in Ch 3 so I guess not. Loading times is more or less the same? Not sure.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I think using the cleaner mod is a must if you don't want the game to bloat its save files. For PFK I mean.

Darth Canoli

Arcane

Wake me up when the unicorn looses her pelt and starts playing with christmas trees.

I think using the cleaner mod is a must if you don't want the game to bloat its save files. For PFK I mean.

Tried that already.
If I had a choice between playing PK again or reverting the Earth back to the stone age, we'd all be sharpening flints right now...

Shadenuat

Arcane
I see someone thinks their games are already as good as BG2 and are allowed to eat.

Mishulin please take broom and persuade your workers that it is not yet true and make them go back to making another patch.

Unicorn girl can stay.

Sarathiour

Cipher

Thotavia didn't pick transmutation by chance.

Sjukob

Arcane
how is playable the alpha?
If you are feeling brave you can check it out yourself. Somebody on 4chan finaly uploaded it on torrents, see post #1116028 PIRACY REDACTED. I'm not touching it though, so don't ask me if it's safe or functions alright.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I think this is a problem with Unity. PoE also has this.
Pillars saves don't get anywhere near Kingmaker's size. The issue is the permanent item/corpse persistence. As I wrote in my review, they need to have all that junk disappear after some in-game days have passed.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Pillars saves don't get anywhere near Kingmaker's size. The issue is the permanent item/corpse persistence. As I wrote in my review, they need to have all that junk disappear after some in-game days have passed.
I believe the chapter transitions would be a good point for that.

CaesarCzech

Scholar

Eh why not basically use cut and paste function, remove all common stuff(THATS WHAT YOU HAVE RARITIES FOR) Keep important stuff or collector ones and magical stuff(Thats why they didnt do it imho, they dont want to make stuff you might have overlooked permanently unavalible. If they dont have rarities just add parameter to each item, Persistent Yes/No Persistent ones stay and non persistent ones dissapear.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
If you are feeling brave you can check it out yourself. Somebody on 4chan finaly uploaded it on torrents, see post #1116028 PIRACY REDACTED. I'm not touching it though, so don't ask me if it's safe or functions alright.

Seriously, have you seen a Pirate boarding a ship full of rotten cabbages?
Piracy has its rules.

You go after the throne of Capatec Anahuac, not for the sinking fishing boat...

Last edited:

Efe

Erudite
links to pirated content gets codex in trouble. just pm it if you must share.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
The best solution would be to just stop dropping normal swords and armors. Who would pick that crap up? Stop giving every enemy drops based on their actual armor unless they're a boss or have actual important loot. And then of course they balance the economy around picking up every non-magical dagger so if you don't you can't afford anything nice. I don't want to see any lame swords. I can imagine it existing in my head and rationalize it not appearing because my hero isn't an idiot who picks up every piece of iron they see.

Lacrymas

Arcane
That was, uhm... "voted on", I guess, by the backers (?) when PoE 1 was on Kickstarter. Everyone drops everything they carry for simulationist points. Kind of pointless if you ask me, and it creates actual, perceptible problems that could've been more under control than they are.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
That was, uhm... "voted on", I guess, by the backers (?) when PoE 1 was on Kickstarter. Everyone drops everything they carry for simulationist points. Kind of pointless if you ask me, and it creates actual, perceptible problems that could've been more under control than they are.
More proof that developers need to stop listening to gamers. We don't know shit about game design. These fuckers go to school and spend thousands of hours learning the technical and design skills needed to make a video game but will listen to some random fuck like me who played a couple video games and thinks he knows best. No other field would have a professional who has dedicated his life to a craft asking some layman the best way to do something. The players should just find the game that appeals to them rather than trying to force developers to make a game that appeals to them, while the developers follow their dreams and passion and hope. They should make the type of game they would like to play and if they like it, there's sure to be others that would like it too. Don't listen to some random fucks

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom