Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Yosharian

Arcane
So is this game ready to be played properly now?

Efe

Erudite
enhanced interface makes shit unreadable with all those incomplete <?tags!>

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'll try it. If it's unreadable I'll get rid of it. The majesty of PC gaming.

Here's a cool synergy - Fighting Spirit (the racial of the humans) and the bonuses from Streetfighter stack, making Flames of Devotion *hit* for 55+ with St. Drogga's Skull on level 1.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'll try it. If it's unreadable I'll get rid of it. The majesty of PC gaming.

Here's a cool synergy - Fighting Spirit (the racial of the humans) and the bonuses from Streetfighter stack, making Flames of Devotion *hit* for 55+ with St. Drogga's Skull on level 1.

Sure, every martial combo with Streetfighter is OP. That class is just sick (provided that you can be flanked and survive and/or be under 50% hp and survive).

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Loading times seem slower for some reason, compared to release version i played.

They are. The game also crashes more and has other bugs I didn't encounter on release, like missing strings etc.

Played a bit more in the first town during lunch and gave up, loading screens everywhere, terrible load times, hitching while just walking around. I dont remember the game being this bad... how can obsidian make performance worse with patches instead of better?

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Loading times seem slower for some reason, compared to release version i played.

They are. The game also crashes more and has other bugs I didn't encounter on release, like missing strings etc.

Played a bit more in the first town during lunch and gave up, loading screens everywhere, terrible load times, hitching while just walking around. I dont remember the game being this bad... how can obsidian make performance worse with patches instead of better?

Roguey suggested clearing your save folder, which seems to help some people, although It had no effect for me.

Solid Snail

Learned
I can't access the dlc. Both Steam and the in-game checker say the dlc is installed, verified the cache and it didn't download other files, I tried to rest in-game, visit a city and go back to the sea, but I can't receive the message for the new quest. Spend more than two hours trying to make this work, now I'm downloading the game from zero to see if it solves the issue.

2house2fly

Magister
Are you post-Ashen Maw? 99% sure you need to be towards the end of the main quest as with the previous DLC. Also it seems to trigger after a short while sailing. You get a scripted event which points you towards the southeast portion of the map, and with the DLC installed you may just be able to go straight to the Black Isle

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
You need to use RivaTuner to cap your framerate to 60, 40, or 30 in order to eliminate hitching and stuttering while walking (camera panning). The in-game frame-capper is worthless and doesn't affect the frame-pacing.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Are there any changes to the system when Woedica's challenge is on? It seems kinda not good if they just converted everything to per rest while the system is designed for per encounter.

Quillon

Arcane
I've been seeing those exact words in the exact order in most other games except for DnD ones, even exact colors for each as opposed to quality shit that is +1 +2 +3.....

2house2fly

Magister
I technically got in the list for reuploading the background mod, nice

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom