Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

vitamin

Augur
"...at last"? Do you have solid info about release?
No, I don't. And I think nobody knows the release date. I just meant to say that I'm glad to know that this mod is not dead.

[source]

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
99SojgY.png

LBvETSJ.png

Early retirement, probably not a very good ending, but better than death on some god-forsaken planet!

Next time I'll go for a bigger bank account, a noble title and an earthlike planet instead of just a snazzy asteroid.

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
At least there would be less chance of diving into another planet if you were on a planet rather than a "terraformed asteroid". :lol:

DraQ

Arcane
Exanima 0.6.3.3j

3CiJL19.jpg

Omg!!! Polehammer (tecnhnically still a pollaxe)!!! Just screw all oversized hammers in fictiion. That weapon is just so badass as it is...
I just want the upgrade with protruding prongs to have the Lucerne hammer as a top tier weapon.
Nice lightning by the way.

Also, now we can start with 4 characters. Chosing the knight with his plate armour makes first three levels much easier:
ILP16An.jpg

Flanged mace is neat and good to smash heads with downwards blows.
IpzgnSg.jpg

1st layer with basic clothes, enhanced mace and shield

NEm93Lp.jpg

2nd layer with chains

qLcGbh0.jpg

3rd layer with heavy padded coat

6kTNARW.jpg

4th layer with plates and polehammer for maximum badassness.

Z170ptl.jpg

EqXemYX.jpg

8RN9mnP.jpg

3gGh4nK.jpg

That time i didn't flee from Sir!

jZ3BY6R.jpg

Coward skellies! They ran like small children when Sir was messing around, now they attack me all together. They die... Again!

FOb8VaL.jpg

CiMcYRF.jpg

Yeah, they will move.

0NiD4ug.jpg

8TQ3FBv.jpg

REaRFtH.jpg

I can't beat even 1 alone... 3 means big, really big problems. Those hit hard like a truck, fast and with reach, they run fast and have a wall armour... Fortunately most can be bypassed with the correct item.
They can also be trapped inside some rooms. I don't know if it's intended.

That's not inteded for sure:
PV99foc.jpg

Best bug ever, i could slay one. Good riddance! Of course halberds are too big to be used and there are no armor pieces to take.

9Qf1wm3.jpg

vHxowPL.jpg

Zweihander vs Polehammer

d08ugfA.jpg

That lighting weapon looks so cool. I still lose.
Proper hmmrs and the armor system make me hard - what is it?

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
DraQ Exanima. There is a thread for it http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/sui-generis-exanima-prelude-released.77528/

Just go and play it. Story mode is fun, but not complete. Arena is awesome for learning combat. Swords are a bit too effective against plate. Layering armour is important - noobs who start on knight might think they are invincible, but just wait till they get a hammer hit while having no gambesons/padded coats underneath.

Multiplayer is supposedly coming for arena, but only on low ping connections, so probably just folks in same city.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes, the combat is really vastly improved from most of the old videos. There are still issues with weapons getting stuck behind your back, or into the env (though this is less and less). Also, most of youtubers can't play this game for shit.
Dodge is the core movement mechanic during combat. You use WASD to move during fight. Hold is dash, which is a big step in whatever direction you pressed. Tap is small step. Both of those can be a dodge if you move away from the weapon (though moving into the swing does make sense as a tactic against some other weapons).
Block is the default behaviour of your character - if you don't have attack button pressed (mouse 1) you are blocking. There is no magic in that though - you can block all you want, if the enemy circles around and stabs you in the back you're screwed. So for the block to work you either have to be facing the enemy and block with your weapon, or your shield if you have any. Blocking with shield has some finesse to it, it's better to let the blow go sideways of it, than to take the full strength on the shield.
Parry is something you do organically, though there is a character skill that actually enables you to execute a quick attack (pretty much tap on m1) after you have blocked enemy attack.
The combat is not Dark Souls, so if you expect that you will be disappointed.

Riskbreaker

Quake, "Conflagrant Rodent"
C3B95F6106FBC9F8C67D5B47615669CE97162AAE

5098A5AF0D632ADA69022F933E62FF0BF91353B4

D6947E76D96E01F2A353772D32E53B82FAA5C704

C5E1A6EEA1F6A28156116F931E6927AAA45D6452

9B2721C8F4040AF017ED25D4C5A13889B42B64B4

Also, most annoying fucking fight in (excellent) Salt & Sanctuary so far
720B3376F160A5792334A92715DF28A73B95602D

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
http://www.roguebasin.com/index.php?title=Prospector

It's Prospector, the jolly planetary exploration roguelike. First heard about it when Grimwulf did his snazzy LP of it in the playground. I've been having tons of fun with it so far.

As soon as I think I'm doing really good and nothing can touch me some bigger and meaner space horror shows up and totally obliterates my crew.

This was actually the first time I survived long enough to retire. :P

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
...tell me they have a mod like that for a Lost Soul.

I wanna go WHHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Lost Soul Racing!

Astral Rag

Arcane
I remember reading about those Fallout mods on NMA many many years ago. Only 8 micro-issues remaining.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I remember reading about those Fallout mods on NMA many many years ago. Only 8 micro-issues remaining.
The sad fact is that both Olympus 2207 and Nevada have been fully released in Russian but these isn't an English translation. And it seems like there isn't going to be one.

tormund

Arcane
This brings to mind how almost every interesting looking custom campaign for Gothic 1/2 is either in Russian or in Polish, with no English translation in sight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom