Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Atelier series

Shadenuat

Arcane
Please don't be 30000 rubles

Reinhardt

Arcane
I will wait for a bit. Don't want to start it just to put in on hold tomorrow. Waiting release of Wizardry to scratch my blobber itch.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I have tried to find gameplay of this but it doesn't make any sense to me. I really don't get what you do in these games.

Based on what I have seen, these look like yuri simulators.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I really don't get what you do in these games.
Alchemy.
What are the mechanics of alchemy? The interaction?
Or by alchemy do you mean transmuting friendship into forbidden love.
You collect lots of different items on fields or from battles, they have lots of different traits, and by "lots" i mean lots. Then you unlocking new recipes. Then you combine them to make items and equipment you want with desired properties and traits. Then you fight postgame bosses.
And also magic of friendship.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Nah, not even close. You don't just craft item - it's easiest part. You craft PERFECT item. For which you need serious ingredient hunting and dozens of intermediate item crafting to transfer and combine desired traits. For example in few steps if you have all needed traits on ores and grass through some oils, ingots, paper and so on you can go from basic bomb to bomb that automatically kills any non-boss enemy and seriously hurts bosses. And it's same basic bomb. Just second one is crafted by someone who knows what he's doing.

Tigranes

Arcane
Soooooo Reinhardt's dream game for his extreme merchant OCD + animu girls?

Sounds like some extreme grinding. Like Valky, every time I look at this game I dont' understand what the core gameplay loop is and why it is good

Reinhardt

Arcane
Soooooo Reinhardt's dream game for his extreme merchant OCD + animu girls?

Rorona ending. One of endings to be precise.
OL01ZA8.png

Shadenuat

Arcane
also wow at Dusk drying world with its cyclopean architecture is something else when compared to other Atelier games.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I watched a few vids on this complex crafting system. Can't recall now so maybe this will help. Each altier seems more complex. My gripe is you play chicks as main alts from the looks and no making your own "dude." I can't make Hephaestus.

Last vid could have had something besides music like a detailed history.

wiki

I just saw a combat sequence and you know, i hate this bounce all the way across the combat field, attack animation, and bounce back. Where the fuck is the grid based or hex based combat?

Bah! Fuck it, I can't find a gif so here.

cyrax-mortal-kombat-animated-gif-19.gif

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
I watched a few vids on this complex crafting system. Can't recall now so maybe this will help. Each altier seems more complex. My gripe is you play chicks as main alts from the looks and no making your own "dude." I can't make Hephaestus.

In Escha & Logy you can chose your main character at the start.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anywya atelier sophie is cheap enough that i am taking the plunge.

The newer games dont have region pricing and its ridiculously expensive for something i dont know that i will like or not. But yeah sophie here we go.

Reinhardt

Arcane
In newer ateliers half of the cast are alchemists and taking into active party anyone who can't throw overpowered items each turn is a waste. I prefer older titles.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Anywya atelier sophie is cheap enough that i am taking the plunge.

The newer games dont have region pricing and its ridiculously expensive for something i dont know that i will like or not. But yeah sophie here we go.
sophie and all newer ones are meh imo

afaik Dusk is pinnacle of series, climbing from Ayesha which I feel is alright playing it now < Escha and Logie < and finnaly I believe Shallie is highest point of Atelier series.

and if you want a start I'd start with Rorona Plus then. it has all the basics and not a lot of moe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom