Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Quillon

Arcane
Witcher 3 is at least on par with the greatest RPGs ever made

Which greatest RPGs ever made look on par with Witcher 3?

Zer0wing

Cipher
This game keeps getting mor and more of a FNV-2 and not in a good way. I mean, it looks like Obsidian carefully recreates bugs and inconviniences Gamebryo is known for in UE4 like loading screens, floaty npc physics, dumb ai and such for no good reason. I mean I know Urine 4 is what in it's name but it allows for open-world with no loading screens for interiors.

Quillon

Arcane
Witcher 3 is at least on par with the greatest RPGs ever made

Which greatest RPGs ever made look on par with Witcher 3?

I enjoyed W3 at least as much as I did Baldur's Gate and Dark Souls. I'm sorry if my definition of RPG does not coincide with yours, which is most likely turn-based autism with eleventy billion numbers, but such is life.

So Baldur's Gate and Dark Souls look on par with Witcher 3?

jf8350143

Liturgist
This looks pretty much the same comparing to the preview we see before, and people have been screaming "it looks like shit" just like before.

Graphic obsession is everywhere, even here on Codex. They probably complain F:NV looks like shit as well, and probaly think Witcher 3 is the greatest RPG ever made.

The irony here is that NV really does look like shit and Witcher 3 is at least on par with the greatest RPGs ever made, but you're somehow using it as a sting at people's taste.

Witcher 3 wasn't even the greatest Witcher game ever made, let alone the greatest RPG ever made.

The Real Fanboy
no cannibal

tumblr_pm2jtl3Mvb1w0ltspo1_500.gif

Being a cannibal is one of my favorite things to roleplay in these games.

Perkel

Arcane
BTW if you don't know it. MS has gamepass on PC for about 1$ for a month. You can then unsub and resub after a month for again 1$.

So you can play it on release for 1$

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist

More TGS gameplay , some new quests/dialogue and epic battle between A very Buggy Flexiable Guard vs A little Alien Rat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist

S.torch

Arbiter
This looks pretty much the same comparing to the preview we see before, and people have been screaming "it looks like shit" just like before.

Graphic obsession is everywhere, even here on Codex. They probably complain F:NV looks like shit as well, and probaly think Witcher 3 is the greatest RPG ever made.

The irony here is that NV really does look like shit and Witcher 3 is at least on par with the greatest RPGs ever made, but you're somehow using it as a sting at people's taste.

Witcher 3 wasn't even the greatest Witcher game ever made, let alone the greatest RPG ever made.

The RPG Codex's Top 101 PC RPGs says otherwise, in which The Witcher 3 hold the honorably position of the 15th place as one of the greatest RPGs. :obviously:

Perkel

Arcane
The RPG Codex's Top 101 PC RPGs says otherwise, in which The Witcher 3 hold the honorably position of the 15th place as one of the greatest RPGs. :obviously:

The 2019 one is illegitimate and this forum is biased because half of people here are kielbasa.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Spacer's choice pills they cure all your ills hahahah

moar of the same:

The music makes it feel pretty cozy in this video. The quest structure here looks bsb and very much old hat. The companion banter is pretty mediocre and cringeworthy.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Infinitron watch the last conversation with the vicar around 52 minutes into this video.

"Perhaps I could make myself of use to your crew... I can offer you free spiritual counseling and I'd be happy to watch your back... I'm pretty handy with a tossball stick or any blunt instrument really. I'm, also a passable gunhand if it comes to that. I can usually talk my way out of conflict, though. Oh, I'm fairly competent at hacking computers as well... let me get my things together and I'll catch up with you... I shall see you on the ship, captain, whenever you're ready to leave Emerald Vale."

It would be quite a twist to have an NPC say all this boilerplate new companion stuff to you and then they don't join your crew.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom