Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tyranny + Bastard's Wound Expansion Thread

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I didn't buy tyranny, but if there is a chance they won't finish the last act by publishing an expansion, I will spend 1000 € on g2a buying copies of the game, so developers lose their money and I will start gifting it in this forum.

Same deal with the beamdog SoD, but for that one I could spend 2000 from g2a

<3
You are a sadistic bastard sir!What wrong this forum did to measure such a wrath?

jungl

Augur
most effective setup is main character with highest might you can afford followed by 18-19 con for survivability and that op cheese talent in conquest that regens all your health. Buy the 2 handed maul that gives recovery in lethans crossing and you won the game. Have baric and beast woman also in your party using 2 handers. Don't waste your time with dual wielding in this game waste of time shit damage unlike pillars, unarmed is decent in this game. Magic is key in finalizing your op party and making sure all the encounters are trash. Magic in this game doesn't really do much damage in this game like end game spells in pillars. Mainly you use magic for the aoe afflictions. Get Eb and load her up with that talent that increases her spell range followed by aoe affliction spells with damage. Every fight should have you freeze or magefire a group of enemies with your 2 handers bursting everyone down.

New game+ same shit but go in dual wield tree get that talent that turns your dodge into parry so you can dump dodge and pump parry for suitability. I honestly though can't stomach playing this game a second time. The mid game expansion is banal boring crap. Everything about tyranny bears the shit stained mark of paradox and obsidians B team.

Valtiel

Scholar
I had great expectations for this game but I lost interest on release after mixed reviews, in the end i bought it in september and never played it... and now I also bought Bastard's Wound... Since I quite certainly won't be playing this more than once, should I wait the inevitable second expansion, maybe hoping for a real conclusion and getting the best first-play experience, or just play it now and ditch it forever? I hate a game without proper ending

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I had great expectations for this game but I lost interest on release after mixed reviews, in the end i bought it in september and never played it... and now I also bought Bastard's Wound... Since I quite certainly won't be playing this more than once, should I wait the inevitable second expansion, maybe hoping for a real conclusion and getting the best first-play experience, or just play it now and ditch it forever? I hate a game without proper ending
Well with Tyranny, all you're ever going to get is a proper start.

pomenitul

Arbiter
I approached Bleden Mark before reporting to Tunon at the beginning of act II and now the latter won't even respond to my query regarding Barik's armour. Absolute silence. So much for the new quests…

Starwars

Arcane
I approached Bleden Mark before reporting to Tunon at the beginning of act II and now the latter won't even respond to my query regarding Barik's armour. Absolute silence. So much for the new quests…

Weird. I did the same thing, met Bleden Mark in Ashewood and then went to Tunon. It all worked fine here though.

pomenitul

Arbiter

Weird. I did the same thing, met Bleden Mark in Ashewood and then went to Tunon. It all worked fine here though.

Interesting. I forgot to mention that I did manage to discuss the Edict of Execution with him. He berated me for carving my own path and now the doors to the twin staircases are shut. Perhaps I should have asked him about removing Barik's armour before going rogue. Or it's a bug.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
does Tyranny ever actually give you (somewhat) open maps/areas to just go around, do some random quest/task maybe, kill wildlife/evil humans, etc?

Is the entire game just going from one small map to the next with the same repetitive shuffling of: this map you talk, shop and train, next map is a tedious sometimes even scripted "EVENT!" battle, and then the next map will be plot exposition!

Does the Bastard's Wound DLC have areas that are free of the game's nonstop barrage of boring writing and predictability?

pomenitul

Arbiter
Never mind, it was merely a matter of standing on the protuberant platform beside the other fatebinders before striking up a conversation with Tunon.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
is there any way to mod this dumb fucking game? this game would be half-way enjoyable if all the talents, the weapons, the armor and assorted armor-type pieces and all of the non-talent abilities were "overhauled" and tweaked so as to be not-retarded.

but the first change would have to be a compelte change to the primary attributes and the skills and what they affect. The laziest/easiest fix would be to simply "copy/paste" everything possible from PoE and transplant that onto Tyranny. That alone would help the game tremendously.

I opened up some of the files inside the game folders (data/assets/objects) and found the individual item files, the talent/spell/ability files, and what-have-you. I opened them inside a hex editor and it was fairly easy to figure out how to mod the values.

Say you want to lower a weapons recovery speed from -5 (%) then you you already inside the individual weapon file, so no need to look, now you just hunt and peck for a hexadecimal "-5", which is... FB FF FF FF
If-fV_3P-2QCw7fFlyfiQgzpbVyUgWFDMgZD72qjQT8

in that photo I changed the -5 penalty a PoE gun has (was experimenting) into a +2, which is 02 00 00 00 in hex.

nooow the problemmmmmmmmmmmmmm issssssssssss

one would have to do this shit by hand editing every single fucking file you want to change.

So basically i guess I'm asking would doing something like this be "easier" if i simply download unity? I know a little about how that piece of shit works and If I'm not mistaken it would be almost exactly the same tedious endeavor:

- finding the asset file
- importing it
- exporting it into a "text" document
- editing it (by hand...)
- importing it back into a (copy of) the asset
- merging it with the unity files

IF that's how it would work, then frankly I think hex editing files individually is easier. Obviously I'm not gonnna do any of that since it's too much work, but it's a pity because the game would have been much better (to play, at least) if it had just copied everything systems-related from PoE. PoE is faaaaaaaar from being a model of any kind, but compared to Tyranny it's like a normal-looking brother helping his retarded brother who has down syndrom and cerebral palsy go buy new shorts at the mall.

The normal brother should've had the guts to say: NO RETARD! YOU DON'T LOOK GOOD IN SHORTS! HERE, LET ME TAKE CARE OF YOU AND WEAR THESE GROWN-UP PANTS!!!

but the retarded brother refused thinking he could do things his way, even though he was... retarded :(

Starwars

Arcane
So I'm a ways through the Bastard's Wound DLC now. I've completed the main quest for it but haven't finished two of the companion quests yet.

It's sort of... average. I mean, I like the addition of Barik's and Verse's quests. They don't seem to be anything special but they send you around the world map a bit more which I kinda like.
The Bastard's Wound quest itself starts out alright. I mean, there is kind of an interesting premise to the story, and it continues the main game's thing of having a few different choices and all that. But, it doesn't really go anywhere. Running around the settlement is initially a bit interesting but the main bulk of it takes place in everyone's favorite location, The Oldwalls! Yes, Obsidian listened to our pleas and gave us more Bane to fight, more keystones to find, and more running around activating things which leads us to new and exciting areas with boring loot.
Hehe, well... actually this Oldwalls location is the most interesting of the bunch because... well, in this one there is actually something else than just Bane. There are bits of lore to uncover, and Lantry's quest is tied to them. It feels slightly more "meaty". But... the combat still makes it a slog. I guess it was a way of padding the length a bit because you'd think that they'd have listened to complaints about fighting samey fights in every goddamn room against boring enemies, but... that is not the case!

The entire thing also feels a bit... undercooked. I ran into bugs, and like I said... the story doesn't really go anywhere interesting unfortunately.

I dunno, it is more of the same. It's not gonna make you love the game if you didn't love it before, that's for sure. If you liked the main game, you'll probably enjoy this too. It's a bit weird in that it feels a huge sidequest in a game that is otherwise pretty focused. Whether that's good or bad depends on what you want I suppose.

I would wait for a sale if you're interested in playing it or just in replaying the game.

Starwars

Arcane
Well, I finished up my playthrough of the game.

All in all, I have to say that I enjoyed the whole package quite a bit more this time around than I did before. It still has the same problems it did but I think the whole package felt a bit... meatier now. I was skeptical about the companion quests but they are a good feature, and I think it was a good idea to stretch them out into the third act. It gives that act a good sense of "wrapping up", whereas before... well, I guess you still wrapped things up but it was over so quickly. The quests themselves are alright. Not amazing but I would say good additions to those characters.
What's kinda interesting is that I think the expansion, more than anything, really improves the pacing of the overall game. It does help a lot to leave the main conflicts of the Chorus and Disfavored behind for a bit in the Bastard's Wound (even though, like I said before, that area in itself was not great) or to do the companion quests. It makes the game "breathe" a lot more if that makes any sense. It gives you more room to naturally fuck around a bit with the Spires a bit for example. In the base-game it was just like... claim a Spire and then move on. Now it feels a bit more natural to actually return to them every once in a while.

Of course, it still feels rather iffy to me price-wise. But as a package, I would say the Tales of the Tiers thing and the Bastard's Wound expansion make the game a lot more enjoyable all in all, as does the patched in stuff like siding with Kyros in the end if you want. Unfortunately, it still has its problems, the absolute biggest one being the awful combat. But this playthrough had me appreciating Tyranny a great deal more than I did before and while I guess it won't happen, I would actually welcome more content for it.

Lhynn

Arcane
The "Tyranny is better than PoE" weirdo contingent cares.
This is patently untrue.
And tranny is in fact much better than PoE.
Only if it is the only rpg that you have played your entire live.
That statement makes absolutely no god damn sense.
Im comparing two games in a bubble, why would it matter if i played anything else or not.

Not that im surprised, i always run into imbeciles on the obsidian threads. Worse part is that both apologists and haters that hang around them that are low quality.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The "Tyranny is better than PoE" weirdo contingent cares.
This is patently untrue.
And tranny is in fact much better than PoE.
Only if it is the only rpg that you have played your entire live.
That statement makes absolutely no god damn sense.
Im comparing two games in a bubble, why would it matter if i played anything else or not.

Not that im surprised, i always run into imbeciles on the obsidian threads. Worse part is that both apologists and haters that hang around them that are low quality.
Well nobody can be as AMAZING as you mate.Keep up the good work,love the magical sparkle around you.

Lhynn

Arcane
Alright, you aknowledge you are bottom of the barrel pleb.

Well nobody can be as AMAZING as you mate. Keep up the good work,love the magical sparkle around you.

As for that garbage you just wrote, that wasnt my claim, but nice try princess.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Alright, you aknowledge you are bottom of the barrel pleb.

Well nobody can be as AMAZING as you mate. Keep up the good work,love the magical sparkle around you.

As for that garbage you just wrote, that wasnt my claim, but nice try princess.
Calling me a princes is really abusive and misogynistic,you are a fucking nazi!Use the right pronounce!Can't you see the gender icon beneath my name?!
It must be nice to be a top of the line in an imaginary Empire.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I finished my second playthrough of Tyranny, the first with the expansion Bastard's Wound. I played this playthrough the anarchic path.

In general, the game is much bigger now, with several locations added on the map, dozens of new items, quests, etc. The game looks much more complete, with several new dialogue options (especially if you play loyal to Kyros). But although the game is much bigger, it is still the same, with all its good things and all its bad things. Anyone who did not like the game might have a slightly better opinion this time around. As you know, I like the game from the beginning and I liked it even more with the expansion.

I'll probably just do two other playthroughs: rebel and loyal. Maybe in story mode, to speed up a bit.

Fredward

Scholar
Whose idea was it to make the only dlc this game is likely going to get revolve around a [nother] fucking scavenger hunt in the Old Walls? I mean, honestly. I do like the companions side missions though and I agree that it's done wonders for the pacing of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom