Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
graphics whore detected :troll:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Brother None:

Need more button info:

1. Circle with arrows pointing towards it: select all? center on selected?
2. First three buttons on the bottom bar: run, inventory and... character screen? Or character screen, inventory and menu/options?
3. Boulder skill button appears only when combat starts? Same with AP count and end turn button I assume?

KithKanan

Novice
Yeah. I tried to poke holes in it but couldn't find anything. Creative control? Ours. DLC/expansion? Ours. Release date? Ours. Digital sales? Ours. Bags of money? Ours. We don't even discuss the game with them, they just leave us to it.

If this and the EA deals for WL1/WL1 IP are anywhere near as good as advertised, someone at inXile business/legal is really, really good at this. Not to even mention the expired trademark sniping that made this and torment possible under those names... :eek:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4319

the main thing putting me off this game is the fact that there is no coop and probably wont buy because of it along with at least 20 other people i know who agree. granted W2 might be a good single player game game but its like the reason i play neverwinter nights 1 and 2 its a good single player story but i mostly play the multiplayer with a group of friends.
in my opinion passing up the chance to add multiplayer to W2 is a bad idea it can work really well and if done similar to neverwinter nights it could allow for alot of user generated content and even allow for full on D&D like roleplay

maybe you wont be adding coop to begin with but you should at least consider it for an update or even dlc

20 PEOPLE AGREE

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
he's got a point though. it's kinda weird how the computer adaptation of pnp, the king of coop, went the cyoa route with any form of multiplayer (not counting mmos) being the exception rather than the rule.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
he's got a point though. it's kinda weird how the computer adaptation of pnp, the king of coop, went the cyoa route with any form of multiplayer (not counting mmos) being the exception rather than the rule.
It makes sense to me, if I had friends to co-op with I'd rather play pnp.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://wastelandrpg.tumblr.com/post/55044009975/supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

tumblr_mpp3pkOai21sqkv5zo1_500.jpg

Does anybody remember seeing this concept art? I don't.

Ninjerk

Arcane
NMA dude said:
If you add to one spoon of cola bottle of vodka... what you recieve? Good coctail? No... you be drunk. Like a pig. If the way of visuals of game of present day be drunk - goal reached.

My favorite. I'd give him a job if I could. :D

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
http://www.wasteland2guru.com/news/25044-what-were-up-to

What We're Up To

It's quiet in the halls of this facility. Are all of us dead? Abducted by mutants? Or simply sleeping off a night rich in Snake Squeezins? It's none of these. We are simply kept busy by our work on expanding the wiki and looking into providing you with the best content there is. Our latest step in this endeavor is the merger of Kayahr's excellent wiki into the official Wasteland 2 wiki.

If you are a long time member of the Wasteland community, the name might sound familiar. Kayahr is one of the people responsible for decoding and documenting the innards of the engine powering Wasteland as part of the Wasteland Deconstruction project. More importantly, he designed a suite of tools for breaking down the game into its base components. The raw information was then converted into the human-friendly WikiMedia format.

So, what does the merger mean? Thanks to Kayahr's rich website, the wiki can now offer you a complete list of all the encounters in the game, fixed and random, emulate the Wasteland animation engine, tell you which shops sell what and for how much, and much, much more. The merger also provided the necessary information for a general overhaul of nearly every gameplay-related article on the wiki. If you want to know more about the merger, head over to the wiki. If you're wondering just who this Kayahr gentleman is, pay a visit to his wiki profile or peruse the excellent animation archive he provides on his website.

Above all, stay tuned, Rangers. We're not done yet.

That should be useful for the inevitable Wasteland 1 mod for Wasteland 2.

And here's a scan of the original Wasteland's strategy guide: http://www.wasteland2guru.com/news/25069-a-blast-from-the-past-the-wasteland-survival-guide

Diablo169

Arcane
Do we know much about the mod tools yet? Must admit all the fan created Shadowrun stuff coming out before the game even releases has made me smile.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Do we know much about the mod tools yet? Must admit all the fan created Shadowrun stuff coming out before the game even releases has made me smile.

Nope. I doubt inXile knows much about them either. They'll only be released some time after the game is released. But maybe Brother None can tell us something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom