Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Gaming

Human Shield

Augur
Does anyone have Company of Heroes. I recently picked it up it is one of the only RTS games to interest me beyond single player. I'd like to get online games going.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Hey I think I've found a way to play Diablo 1 through Hamachi, however it hasn't worked with Metallix. I need someone else to test this with.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
We got it to work, so if anyone wants to play Diablo.
diabloinventory.gif

ohshit.gif

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
We're also playing Diablo 2X hardcore Battlenet, if some more would join that would be neat. So far thorkaufman, Koki, KC, me, metallix and Kingston play, but more wouldn't hurt.

Surgey

Scholar
Jasede said:
We're also playing Diablo 2X hardcore Battlenet, if some more would join that would be neat. So far thorkaufman, Koki, KC, me, metallix and Kingston play, but more wouldn't hurt.

Metallix? What the fuck happened to Atrokkus-"Diablo 2 sucks!"-meta?

Atrokkus

Erudite
Surgay said:
Metallix? What the fuck happened to Atrokkus-"Diablo 2 sucks!"-meta?
Whoah. That's one hell of a revelation to me.
Just so you know, though, I'm quite a diehard fan of Diablo 2, been playing it since the release and still playing it extensively on battle.net from time to time.
Diablo 1 is my least favorite diablo of course, but I still like it quite a lot, and play it every week or so with my brother over hamachi.

Maybe you misunderstood me when i said that i hate D2 over hamachi -- and yes I do, it's really not as enjoyable over hamachi, for me. (though ive played it a lot in singleplayer before i got meself a better internet access).

Overall I'm quite a blizzard fanboi, and I never denied that. Well cept WoW which I hate vigorously. And SC:G which never was really Blizz project as it's on an indefinite hold.

Cassidy

Arcane
What about Sid Meier Alpha Centauri? The AI is usually dumb to be fooled with the same tactics, even on Transcend.

Cassidy said:
What about Sid Meier Alpha Centauri?
Jasede said:
Also, System Shock 2
obediah said:
I'm gay and lame enough to be willing to give online D&D a shot
I'm up for these, although the last time I tried to get SS2 multiplayer up and running I became invisible to my teammates which broke the game, I really wish someone would overhaul that tacked on bullshit.

I'm pretty sure D&D Online is such a mess it wouldn't be fun even if they actually paid you to play it

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Emotional Vampire said:
I'm pretty sure D&D Online is such a mess it wouldn't be fun even if they actually paid you to play it
I'm pretty sure I heard it is a pretty good dungeon crawling experience with a good group. Just really boring solo.

Are there not chatroom type affairs where the DM has free reign since there's no programming or graphical hindrances to gameplay? I recall participating in one but it was cancelled almost immediately due to wankery.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom