Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Gaming

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
KC is the king of LARP

KreideBein

Scholar
kingcomrade said:
Does anyone have the PC version of Halo? I'd play that coop with someone.

I don't think that it supports co-op, whether it be over the Internet or over a LAN.

obediah

Erudite
SlavemasterT said:
obediah said:
Nicolai said:
KC is the king of LARP

Wow, that looks like possibly the worst RP session ever, who do I have to blow to get in on it?
You'll probably have to debase yourself worse than that and actually come experience the horrors of #fallout and harass them about it.

I'm a fabulous irc lurker. :)

EDIT: I'll be damned, there are actually people there.

Human Shield

Augur
You guys started playing D&D with online software? What have you been doing with it? Doesn't Fantasy Grounds cost money to buy? And it doesn't look to have as good of a map as Maptool. Have you just been running combat or is there a kewl dungeon?

I don't think people here want to explore character angst and fanfiction. I doubt a group of Codexers could stay in character for the typical GM controlled NPC speech. Maybe people here are too laid back to get deeply involved but just want to cut to choices that affect the setting and have consequences, and face challenges were tactics and strategy are key. Maybe the dick jokes would fade in a fast-paced game, or maybe not...

Let me know what you guys are doing.

obediah

Erudite
kingcomrade said:
obediah said:
Nicolai said:
KC is the king of LARP

Wow, that looks like possibly the worst RP session ever, who do I have to blow to get in on it?
Watch out, obediah, Surgey and Jas are both major drama queens.

I said earlier, they're basically LARPing in some generic setting Surgey made up.

oh, well fuck that. Any furry-fagless games going on?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Yeah we play Starcraft, Doom, and Worms, mostly (all three of which have download links posted somewhere on the Codex. Metallix posted SC, I posted Doom, and Surgey posted Worms). We've also got a selection of other games, though. Like, I wrote a mutator for ut2k4 since quite a few of us seem to have it.

Lately Worms has become more popular than Starcraft, I think because skill isn't as much of a factor.

obediah

Erudite
kingcomrade said:
Yeah we play Starcraft, Doom, and Worms, mostly (all three of which have download links posted somewhere on the Codex. Metallix posted SC, I posted Doom, and Surgey posted Worms). We've also got a selection of other games, though. Like, I wrote a mutator for ut2k4 since quite a few of us seem to have it.

Lately Worms has become more popular than Starcraft, I think because skill isn't as much of a factor.

Ah, I might be up for some worms.

My reflexes are the suck, starcraft or doom might as well be this:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 3088675509

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
What a great video.

With Doom we mostly play coop. There is currently a but with the version of zDoom that if you die too much it causes a crash (it takes a couple dozen but on some of these wads they spray cyberdemons around like urine in a black high school's bathroom...), so deathmatch ends much more quickly. There are some really cool .wads out there, though. We play on Ultra Violent with Fast Monsters turned on (and some other Zdoom options to make it more interesting, like losing half ammo on death and such).

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
[23] <Jasede> Unlike Sovy_Kurosei who has his Dennis. *glare*

This is what I mean. It wasn't bad when he was the only flaming faggot furry in the channel, but now there are three, plus Surgey the closet homosexual, with only myself and SlavemasterT there to try and balance things out with our manliness and robust heterosexuality.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
obediah said:
kingcomrade said:
obediah said:
Nicolai said:
KC is the king of LARP

I said earlier, they're basically LARPing in some generic setting Surgey made up.

It's not as much gay Larp as you might think, obediah, despite my presence. [Quite surprising, I admit]. We can fix you up with the Fantasy Grounds program and lately, there's been quite the interesting amount of combat and, awesome, choices and consequences. You shouldn't judge it based on what kc tells you, really.

Edit: That video is gold. That first level alone is much, MUCH harder than even the really hard lost levels.

obediah

Erudite
Jasede said:
obediah said:
kingcomrade said:
obediah said:
Nicolai said:
KC is the king of LARP

It's not as much gay Larp as you might think, obediah, despite my presence. [Quite surprising, I admit]. We can fix you up with the Fantasy Grounds program and lately, there's been quite the interesting amount of combat and, awesome, choices and consequences. You shouldn't judge it based on what kc tells you, really.

Edit: That video is gold. That first level alone is much, MUCH harder than even the really hard lost levels.

I'm not opposed to roleplaying- combat certainly isn't the strong point of D&D. As long as everyone stays reasonably on topic, and there is a good gm, I'm fine. I'm just wary that it will degenerate into furry lingo and e-flirting, which I have zero interest in. It's annoying enough when a gaming session derails into something I am interested in. Does that sound compatible with your sessions?

Human Shield

Augur
Jasede said:

Sounds interesting. Are their player licences for Fantasy Grounds or something?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
To be honest we resorted to the detestable vice of piracy. My moral code doesn't allow me to give you a link, of course, but if you were to come to IRC, someone might accidentally drop it.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
kingcomrade said:
Does anyone have the PC version of Halo? I'd play that coop with someone.

I have a copy of Halo on a CD somewhere, but coop is XBox only, IIRC.

Surgey

Scholar
obediah said:
Jasede said:
obediah said:
kingcomrade said:
obediah said:
Nicolai said:
KC is the king of LARP

I'm not opposed to roleplaying- combat certainly isn't the strong point of D&D. As long as everyone stays reasonably on topic, and there is a good gm, I'm fine. I'm just wary that it will degenerate into furry lingo and e-flirting, which I have zero interest in. It's annoying enough when a gaming session derails into something I am interested in. Does that sound compatible with your sessions?

So far, Jasede hasn't actually been the source of anything weird happening. Believe it or not, Nicolai is the only one who has actually led the game into weird situations involving manacles and parrots with acid flasks tied to them, and that was while they were being chased by a large enemy force.

But yeah, so far everybody seems to be enjoying it. All I ask is that you be a decent roleplayer and not constantly demand hack and slash. The first one or two sessions I ran actually had zero combat and it was mostly talking with other characters and such. As it was the prologue, they haven't had many choices, but hopefully they'll get to more soon.

Besides, D&D is less about choice and consequence, and more about how characters interact with the world, NPC's, and the other players. And who cares about choices and consequences as long as you're having fun?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
This is getting to be ridiculous. You guys have made me install so much crap on my computer.
MyDesktop.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom