Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Gaming

SlavemasterT

Arcane
That's a lot of games for how little gaming goes on these days.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I know. By the way, I made an image of my Final Fantasy Tactics CD because it was getting all scratched up. I could probably upload it somewhere for you people if you've never played it. Zipped up with 7-zip it's only 200 MB

Shagnak

Shagadelic
kingcomrade said:
This is getting to be ridiculous. You guys have made me install so much crap on my computer.
MyDesktop.jpg
What is that seriously bad wallpaper from?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
It makes the picture file smaller. Unlike some people I make picture files smaller so that they load more easily and don't suck up as much bandwidth.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
You know what I'm talking about, negro. Looks like you're running 1024x768 or something.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
HAHAHAHA SMT and I just tore the shit out of Metal Slug 2 on an emulator. Guys you all need to get the emulators and such.
http://cps2shock.retrogames.com/downloa ... aks158.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/33134361/neogeo.zip.html
Unzip the first one, put the zipped second one in the Roms directory. (keep it zipped)

Games are here:
http://www.emuparadise.org/roms/NeoGeo/ ... &start=50#
Don't unzip them, just stick 'em in the Roms directory.

To get it to show which games you can play rather than all games, use the menu on the right side of the load screen.

I think to play Metal Slug 4 and 1, we have to use a different emulator, but 2 and 3 both work. There was no lag that I could tell. Maybe it's different with only two players. Also, SMT isn't that far away from me (I was hosting).

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
I used to run 1028-780 whatever because my screen wasn't very big and it was CRT so I could resize it to anything i want. Now with my LCD I got one or two years ago I use the native resolution of 1240-1040 something but i usually can't run my games that high.

SlavemasterT

Arcane
Announcement: For ease of organization (and peace of mind), some Codex gaming planning will be taking place in #rpgcodex by interested parties. For those who have been going exclusively to #fallout, log onto the codex channel as well.

Surgey

Scholar
I'll post a MAME/Kawaks thread in a bit. If not this morning, I will tomorrow (damn work). It's complicated enough that it requires an explanation.

My work is really stopping me from playing games with you guys... every day I come back here I see you guys have beaten even more games, damn!

Shigiddy

Novice
Hey Everyone

hey everyone, im new to this and i hope im welcome to ur like forums and stuff. cuz its cool that u guys play this games cuz thats like awesome. i didnt think anyone else played these games but i guess u guys do so i joined. so hit me up on hamachi if u wanna play some diablo 1(ive been looking for people for ages)

mathboy

Liturgist
I need new people to play worms with. Everybody seems to stop playing it after a couple of games.

London, please come back.

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
Have any of you heard of JParanoia?
I wish to play some good old fashioned Paranoia(XP) with you
You can download it at www.Paranoia-live.net .

Also, what the heck can be used to enter #fallout/#rpgcodex?
Now that my computer is un-spywared I wish to play some gaems with you, preferably TB or IM based PnP.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
TB or IM based P&P? Well, we ran a D&D game through Fantasy Grounds for a while, but it didn't go too well. First Jasede had a mental breakdown when we killed one of his relatives and then Surgey (our DM) had a shit fit when I decided to try out this dragon eye I found. Ended in tears.

I'm definitely up for some JParanoia if you manage to talk the rest of the #fallout sluts into joining in, though.

PS: mIRC

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
We're still playing the D&D game... are we?
Surgey?

---

Also, System Shock 2.

But before we play that we should decide who wants to be what. I'd like to use Energy Weapons, Exotic Weapons and Research.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom