Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

pippin

You could have Radiant Experiments though....

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
The vault creation will be a part of your save file.. Nobody else can play through it.. you're confusing vault creation in-game with modding the game to make levels.

What I meant is that experimenting implies we can make our own experiments, and that would never happen in a videogame. The next best thing is to lay out shit inside an abandoned Vault built by ourselves, such as journals and terminals, and pretend it already happened (like the Vaults we always find in these games).

They could implement it with a sufficient selection of build options / proper character AI.. But this is Bethesda..

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Far Harbor isn't worth buying even for 75% off. I doubt Nuka World will be any better. At least Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim was somewhat interesting in that you saw part of Morrowind in the updated engine.

circ

Arcane
Far Harbor is pretty weird yeah. Back when I played Dragonborn, it lost some appeal after you killed whatshisname first dragonborn, but with a new character you were again a little interested when returning though you had seen it before. Far Harbor started off the same way, interesting to see new content etc etc, but after finishing it just once, I want to forget it even exists.

Recently playing, I got a message that some settlement was being attacked in FH. So I head there - fix the fog condensers. Ok... Suddenly the game throws 30 mobs at me, anglers, fog crawlers, gulpers, a supermutant or two, bunch of wolves and I think some other shit. What the fuck is this shit?

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
All three remaining add-ons will be available as part of the Season Pass, giving you $70 worth of content for just $50. And as a reward for the fans who picked up the Season Pass early, you get everything for just $30.
9e667cf8ec45406c95a57ad773cf6118.png

typical user

Arbiter
You could have Radiant Experiments though....

To make another experiment you must go and kill ghouls on the other side of the map to create serum from their guts. GOTY 2015.

Meanwhile Witcher 3 gets an expansion which could be released as standalone game.

Zerginfestor

Learned
Seriously, this is the best they could do? Jesus. I can't even finish the game without feeling bored as fuck and annoyed, hell, their survival shit is terrible compared to NV. Yes it's got diseases and whatnot, that's fine, but because of the fact your weapons rely on Crafting to get upgraded, or random chance of the enemy dropping said weapon, you're basically pushed to the option of carrying junk all over the fucking place and not only that, but most of the locations don't even have a fucking weapon/armor workbench. So what the fuck are you to do besides grab the Local Leader perk and carry just enough shit to build a recruitment beacon at every settlement you find and tell the gits to travel to Sanctuary for your main pile of shit? It's either that, or run to Diamond City and make it your central hub, carrying junk back just enough to memorize what you need for upgrades.

At least in NV, your traveling was never hindered by collecting shit, most of the places had a workbench, and crafting food was basically on the fly with ANY campfire/hotplate you found. Hell, the weapons you find will remain badass through and through, because it relied on your perks, skills, and aiming of said weapon, with upgrades only available at merchants (making it actually easier to just have a home nearby). Immersive, yet not boring, and allowed the player feel like a traveler of the Wastes, with the Thirst/Hunger/Sleep issue people like to bring up being NOTHING compared to Fallout 4's "You're fucking thirsty every 5 minutes" bullshit.

Irenaeus VI

Novice
Seriously, this is the best they could do? Jesus. I can't even finish the game without feeling bored as fuck and annoyed
Because you are dumb. Fallout 4 is the second best RPG I've ever played (and the best RPG is PoE, of course).
but most of the locations don't even have a fucking weapon/armor workbench
Mod the game to suit your needs and stop bitching.
At least in NV, your traveling was never hindered by collecting shit
Because you had no intention to collect shit, since your character got stuck in the ground every 15 minutes.
Thirst/Hunger/Sleep issue people like to bring up being NOTHING compared to Fallout 4's "You're fucking thirsty every 5 minutes" bullshit.
Fallout 4 is more realistic and was designed by real white men, for real white men, while New Vegas is just too game-y and was designed by virgins and autists.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Seriously, this is the best they could do? Jesus. I can't even finish the game without feeling bored as fuck and annoyed
Because you are dumb. Fallout 4 is the second best RPG I've ever played (and the best RPG is PoE, of course).
Because you had no intention to collect shit, since your character got stuck in the ground every 15 minutes.
Thirst/Hunger/Sleep issue people like to bring up being NOTHING compared to Fallout 4's "You're fucking thirsty every 5 minutes" bullshit.
Fallout 4 is more realistic and was designed by real white men, for real white men, while New Vegas is just too game-y and was designed by virgins and autists.

Quality post.

Irenaeus VI

Novice

Quality post.
Quality post.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://www.pcgamesn.com/fallout-4/fallout-4-dialogue

Fallout 4 lead Todd Howard admits the game's dialogue system "didn't work as well"

Let me start off by saying that I love Fallout 4. Despite this, there's no escaping the fact that it's a game with a very different focus to the rest of the series, with more of an emphasis on exploration and gunplay, its dialogue more simplified and with fewer branching pathways, especially when compared to the last game, New Vegas, which offered multiple approaches to each quest, many of them influenced by your character build.

In a video interview with Gamespot, creative director Todd Howard said Bethesda were just trying something new, but they're aware it "didn't work as well".

"We do like to try new things and we have some successes," Howard says, "I think the shooting in Fallout 4 is really good - I think it plays really well. Obviously the way we did some dialogue stuff, that didn't work as well. But I know the reasons we tried that - to make a nice interactive conversation - but [it was] less successful than some other things in the game.

"For us, we take that feedback. I think long-term."

He went on to expand that they tried offering player choice and impact through the game's ending choices, where players can decide which faction they want to side with. This has been expanded on more in the recently released Far Harbor expansion.

"Then we have an opportunity with something like Far Harbor like: okay, how many different ways can it end - let's give them some more choice," explains Howard. £So it's not just a one-off, meaning Fallout 4 comes out and then we forget about it - it's an ongoing thing. The feedback we get is really, really helpful."

Hopefully this means we get the punchy combat and the freedom of choice in future Bethesda RPGs.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
$20 for Nuka-World whereas Far Harbor was $25? So I guess it'll be even less impressive. Wonder if a modder could make a different play-mode or something with that Vault-Tec Workshop seeing the panned out view and floorplan.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
So, Todd's reaction to the interviewer commenting on Fallout 4 looking more like a straight First Person Shooter was pretty.. honest. Surprising for Bethesda. Could mean nothing, could mean everything for the next game.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Also, now that in order to upload a mod to Bethnet you must have both linked your own steam account which also must own Fallout 4 quite a few modders are now unprivating their mods and accepting Bethnet.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So vault tec workshop is fallout shelter in fallout 4 and nuka world lets you raid settlements.

circ

Arcane
Can't you already raid settlements? Whatever that means. Not sure.

I can't believe this is it for DLC. I don't know about Nuka World, but if Far Harbor is any indication, it's gonna suck shit. Now, not to give Bethesda any credit, but previous DLC whatever they were had actual content, some bits were even interesting. The fuck happened? Here's some more building blocks in our shitty system to use, and here's a dull as fuck massive island with some of the most retarded monsters around oh and they're really just mostly reskinned. Let's renamed raiders to trappers. Genius.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The base game doesn't let you raid settlements. Well, unless you consider extorting your own settlements for the glory of the brotherhood "raiding".

Having a bunch of people living in a theme park isn't that bad on paper. Not worse than living around an undetonated bomb at least. I've seen pictures of abandoned theme parks and they can get pretty spooky, with halfmolten comic figur faces staring at you.

But, well, Bethesda. :roll:
I trust them to make it an oh so wacky cult, by having the guards wear nuka cola costumes, address each other with "most welcome visitor" and pray to a giant earless bunny on a tricycle.
Even if they let me build a settlement on a rollercoaster I am not sold. Didn't even bother with settlements in Derp Harbor, building one glorious Prosperland in the main game was more than enough of that "fun".
One of my main beefs with FO4 was the lack of prebuild settlements 200 years after the bomb, in favor of 2 bums living in the middle of a warzone everywhere, so the player can minecraft the settlement he wants. "Modders/players will fix it", now offically part of the experience. Filling the game with content is your job Bethesda, not mine.

Gonna watch Steve ranting about it at best. :salute:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Well I guess after you complete the main story, with vault tec + nuka world, Fallout 4 will be good now to create your vault and conquer the world, the vault will probably get raided also so between conquering you will have to defend also. I guess some fun can be had out of that.
I remember there were some talks of this kind of game before in the pitch by Interplay on making the next fallout-type game, guess Bethesda jumped on it and instead of making a full game they will just add it to F4.

Yea it was supposed to be this

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Can't you already raid settlements? Whatever that means. Not sure.

Uh i wanted to say conquer, i know i'm probably reaching too far here but maybe it will be something like hearts of iron or europa universalis but very simplified basing on the vault-tec workshop as it will play like a base building sim?
If not, maybe one of the mods will create something like this, having a open world where you can create your base and fight other bases just asks itself to have some sort of a conquer mechanic, i mean it just ASKS itself to play like this, if Bethesda will not make it play like this, they are stupid.

Vault-Tec-Workshop-3.jpg

Last edited:

pippin

So they *know* FO4 was shit.
But they can't change the formula because their fans will have none of that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom