Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Zerginfestor

Learned
So basically, what I got from the Fallout crap is the Settlement DLC that's useless, it's basically giving out gimmicks that will die out in the humor in just several minutes because of the demand of resources (which then makes the player go junk collecting yet again), A Vault Tec mod that basically puts Fallout Shelter into Fallout 4, but that just makes things boring, honestly. There's no progress to it. Nukaworld looks like a simple HUB like Diamond City, nothing new there, but my guess is that's where most of the meat in this shit is at.

The only one that seemed to actually be interesting hilariously is the Fallout Shelter app, which now actually lets you fucking do something instead of management of a vault, which got boring pretty fucking fast and killed the game in terms of numbers of people playing it, which is why Todd basically was stating the whole "Millions downloaded the app, therefore gud!" bullshit. The combat thing is meh, it should've been a turn-based thing going on like Fallout 1-2.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-13-fallout-4-announces-nuka-world-expansion-for-august

Fallout 4 announces Nuka World expansion for August

Fallout 4 developer Bethesda announced a new expansion entitled Nuka World, due this August.

Bethesda Game Studios development chief Todd Howard said Nuka World is the final Fallout 4 DLC, and is a major story-based add-on.

At the publisher's press conference Bethesda also teased the Vault-Tec Workshop, allowing players to build their own vaults. That's due in July.

And next week Fallout 4 contraptions will arrive, adding weapon and armour racks along with conveyor belts and other nifty things to build.

Additionally, Bethesda revealed that a virtual reality version of Fallout 4 is in production, and coming to the HTC Vive platform in 2017. A demo will be shown at E3, alongside a demo of id Tech 5 running Doom in VR.

Fallout 4 announces Nuka World expansion for August

Fallout 4 developer Bethesda announced a new expansion entitled Nuka World, due this August.

Bethesda Game Studios development chief Todd Howard said Nuka World is the final Fallout 4 DLC, and is a major story-based add-on.

I look back at Morrowind with a bunch of free official plugins, the Master Index quest and the Siege at Firemoth standing out the most. Then two beefy expansions in the shape of Tribunal and Bloodmoon. Half of Fallout 4's offerings have simply been unlocking of game assets for use in settlements.

Reinar

Scholar
Fucking clowns.
13450914_1280427198634445_2322319763831403027_n.jpg

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So their plan with all those workshop dlcs is to create your own vaults.

I wouldn't mind this if everything was day 1 on release, but they did it on purpose to fragment the game and release it as dlc, disgusting

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Is there anything you do with those settlements? or you just build stuff without reason ?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
nothing else. it lose it's novelty really early, and the fact they made 99% of the settlements unmemorable buildable shit with cutout NPC just make it worse

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Prices: https://bethesda.net/#en/events/gam...lt-tec-workshop-and-nuka-world/2016/06/12/146

Fallout 4 – Contraptions Workshop, Vault-Tec Workshop, and Nuka-World
Fallout 4 was revealed to the world a year ago at Bethesda’s first-ever showcase, and since then it’s been incredible to see how fans have taken the game and made it their own. There’s no shortage of amazing fan content – from the videos you’ve made to some of the most amazing cosplay we’ve seen for any game.

But nothing has been as awesome as seeing the incredible content coming from within the game. Custom characters, setups and Mods beyond anyone’s wildest imagination have taken the game to new heights. Your work motivated and inspired the team at Bethesda Game Studios, which has created more post-release content for the game than ever before. At this year’s BE3 Showcase, we gave you a first look at the new content coming to Fallout 4 this summer. All three remaining add-ons will be available as part of the Season Pass, giving you $70 worth of content for just $50. And as a reward for the fans who picked up the Season Pass early, you get everything for just $30.

It all starts next week with the first new add-on…

Contraptions Workshop
Price: $4.99 USD | £3.99 GBP | $6.95 AUD
Release: June 21, 2016

Machines that sort! Machines that build! Machines that combine! With Fallout 4 Contraptions, use conveyer belts, scaffolding kits, track kits, even logic gates to construct crazy and complex gadgets to improve your Wasteland settlements. The Contraptions Workshop also includes all-new features like elevators, greenhouse kits, warehouse kits, fireworks, armor racks and more!

Vault-Tec Workshop
Price: $4.99 USD | £3.99 GBP | $6.95 AUD
Release: July 2016

Build a brighter future underground with the all-new Vault-Tec Workshop. Create a massive Vault and attract new Dwellers using pre-war industrial kits complete with retro-nostalgic furniture, lighting, and art. Even change and customize the look of your inhabitants with new barbershops and cosmetic surgery stations. And like every good Overseer, run Vault-Tec approved experiments on your Dwellers to learn what makes an ideal citizen. Vault-Tec has given you the tools, the rest is up to you!

Nuka-World
Price: $19.99 USD | £19.99 GBP | $29.95 AUD
Release: August 2016

Take a trip to Nuka-World, a vast amusement park now a lawless city of Raiders. Explore an all-new region with an open wasteland and park zones like Safari Adventure, Dry Rock Gulch, Kiddie Kingdom and the Galactic Zone. Nuka-World features new quests, Raiders, weapons, creatures and more. Enjoy the ride!

As with previous add-ons, we’ll be running Betas on all platforms before launching each new piece of content. Whether you’re on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or PC, your chance at participating in the Betas begins by signing up for a Bethesda.net account. When we’re ready to begin the Betas, we’ll notify the selected participants.

While Nuka-World will be the final add-on for Fallout 4, things are just getting started with Mods for the game. Since launching the Creation Kit in April, we’ve been blown away by the new content onBethesda.net – available to both PC and Xbox One users. And at that end of this month, PlayStation 4 fans will have access to Mods, too. Look for more information in the coming weeks.

This is all in addition to the three amazing add-ons already available. If you haven’t grabbed the Season Pass yet, you can still purchase it for $50 and get everything.

Fallout 4 - now literally a theme park.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado

I wouldn't mind this if everything was day 1 on release, but they did it on purpose to fragment the game and release it as dlc, disgusting

Is there any proof of this?

Not any proof, but it's like saying you build your own whorehouse and after a few months have this fantastic idea of having the whores walk around in underwear.

That's what Beth did with Wasteland Workshop: oh, we have this cool settlement thingy... what if we add MORE settlement thingies that any toddler could have thought of during development, but charge extra for them?

circ

Arcane
Hey Bethesda?

WHEN WILL YOU MAKE SETTLERS DO SOMETHING ELSE THAN NOTHING? HUH? Maybe make some new animations? Not fucking objects that have been in mods for 6 months.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Is there any proof of this?

Not any proof, but it's like saying you build your own whorehouse and after a few months have this fantastic idea of having the whores walk around in underwear.

That's what Beth did with Wasteland Workshop: oh, we have this cool settlement thingy... what if we add MORE settlement thingies that any toddler could have thought of during development, but charge extra for them?

As long as retards keep throwing their money - it would be a crime not to offer it for sale. Why make 1 dollar when I can make 4.. for less work?

pippin

A quick look at the comments in Bethesda's normiebook pages reveal a slight dissapointment in most of these products. Even the Skyrim remaster has been met with a lukewarm reception, and some people are saying they won't buy it again just for the remaster or even for the mods (!).

Is there anything you do with those settlements? or you just build stuff without reason ?

Somewhat. Once you've built them up a bit they can basically become crafting central. All the workbenches and storage space you need. Settlers scrounging around for scrap, others growing the crops you'll use to make adhesive (which many upgrades rely on), others running stores to make money and provide yet more material.

Of course they're also a giant, buggy pain in the ass half the time. That's why I got fed up with scavenging for parts and just created a new character who did the main quest, ignored crafting altogether and lit Preston on fire when he asked me to join.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
What the fuck are these dlcs, is the fallout IP the new sims?!

How half assed do you think that "Experiment on your vault dwellers" feature is gonna be? Sims Rip off is optimistic...

The whole "experiment on your vault dwellers" is pointless when you remember you won't have total control over the experiments, kind of the whole point of a "experiment".

It's one of those things that is much better off as fanfiction than actual in-game content. Fuck, is it even possible to place your own terminals in this game and create your own notes in-game? I'd rather build a Vault, fill it with dead bodies and a storyline, and leave it at "environmental storytelling".

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
What the fuck are these dlcs, is the fallout IP the new sims?!

How half assed do you think that "Experiment on your vault dwellers" feature is gonna be? Sims Rip off is optimistic...

The whole "experiment on your vault dwellers" is pointless when you remember you won't have total control over the experiments, kind of the whole point of a "experiment".

It's one of those things that is much better off as fanfiction than actual in-game content. Fuck, is it even possible to place your own terminals in this game and create your own notes in-game? I'd rather build a Vault, fill it with dead bodies and a storyline, and leave it at "environmental storytelling".

The vault creation will be a part of your save file.. Nobody else can play through it.. you're confusing vault creation in-game with modding the game to make levels.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
The vault creation will be a part of your save file.. Nobody else can play through it.. you're confusing vault creation in-game with modding the game to make levels.

What I meant is that experimenting implies we can make our own experiments, and that would never happen in a videogame. The next best thing is to lay out shit inside an abandoned Vault built by ourselves, such as journals and terminals, and pretend it already happened (like the Vaults we always find in these games).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom